Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2001, 06:39 AM   #71
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Although I have no school, I won't be on very much today, sorry. It's a long story - you want to hear it?

Kaz had sat still and not said anything during the altercation between Maverick and Larry. She had been prepared to cast a Magic Missiles spell the whole time, but was glad that the conflict had been resolved peacefully. She was still somewhat confused as to what had happened, as she understood neither wood nor sea elven but merely her native moon elven. In truth, she was bitter. At least you had a family, friends... I did not have anyone but myself... Of my parents, I remember nothing but their death... she thought, glaring at Maverick.
Coming back from the ladies' room, Kaz saw that the whole tavern was in an uproar. Apparently the building across the street was on fire. Larry was nowhere to be seen, but Mistral was coming back holding a bundle of feathers in her arms... Isabeau.

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 07:23 AM   #72
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ooc: Sure, Kaz...if you're willing to share it...
Old 10-31-2001, 07:40 AM   #73
Neb
Account deleted by Request

(OOC: I'm willing to listen to your story Kaz.)

Neb hadn't really been bothered by the fighting amongst his new companions, except for a small worry that Kaz would be killed before he could repay her for saving his life, he had spotted three people in the inn that might possibly be assasins but hadn't had time to find out when suddenly the inn across the street erupted in flames, he stepped out onto the street and looked at the flames, he could feel the presence of three powerful mages nearby and cast an Improved Invisibility spell and then went off to look for Kaz.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:44 AM   #74
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

She re-enters the Five Flagons tavern, her eyes staring dully ahead of her. As she reaches Kaz, her eyes finally focus on her sister momentarily. She whispers ~ "She's gone, Kaz...my Isabeau is gone forever." ~ Returning to her state of detachment, she continues ~ "Larry and I have killed her..."

As she pauses, the colour of her eyes deepens ~ "I am taking my darling somewhere safe... perhaps I will be back soon... perhaps not..." ~

With that, she turns abruptly and walks out into the streets, in a daze. Cradling Isabeau in her arms.
Old 10-31-2001, 08:23 AM   #75
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

ooc: i, for one, would love to hear your story, Kaz.

ICSephi walked up to Captain Dennis, who the blindness had obviously worn off on. He was holding his two handed sword out threateningly towards Sephi, who didn't try to hide. He just walked up and laughed in his face. Is that the best you've got?
Hah! I think it's rather quite funny... you claim to be a good person, and yet you just killed five men in a quest for ancient vengeance. Well if you want to finish this now, be my guest!

Sephi came in hard with his sword, bringing it towards Dennis's throat. He ducked, then tried to sweep Sephi's legs out from under him. When that failed, he decided to take a different approach. As he expected, Sephi charged in yet again. You know, you can't hold my group responsible for what happened all that time ago. It was on orders and you struck out at us first!
I don't care! I'll still have my revenge for that day!
Sephi continued charging, but instead of coming in with the predictable cleaving slice as he passed, he instead reversed direction and did a spin, bringing his sword down from the left and leaving a rather nasty cut on Dennis's neck.
Hah, good one... He keeled over on the floor, a growing pool of blood coming from his neck.
Old 10-31-2001, 09:00 AM   #76
Neb

Waving aside the smoke that was spreading to the entire area, Neb managed to find Kaz just as Mistral was walking away with Isabeau in her arms, Neb stopped next to Kaz and coughed to clear the smoke from his lungs, he then tapped her on her shoulder to get her attention, forgetting that he was invisible.

(OOC: Please don't let Isabeau be dead permanently, that hawk really added something to the story, you wrote it very well when it was killed, so sad, almost made me cry.)
Old 10-31-2001, 09:45 AM   #77
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...Mistral...you amaze me!
You wrote up those mages better than I ever could have! What a detail you added!
And they are not in the least bit cute!
And my hawky...NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Well...I am ready to tell you what you are really facing.

Read only if you want to be spoiled...

Bethrem = Black-robed = Red Dragon = Chaotic Evil = Leader
Angthor = Red-robed = Green Dragon = Lawful Evil
Sendrin = White robed = Blue Dragon = Lawful Evil

Like I said before...this is not going to be easy! (You probably will not end up killing them...they will more than likely go away if they are getting beat, and come back another day. And I promised you that someday, I was going to bring that black dragon into the game, that only Mistral and I know the location of.

Oh...none of our characters will be good enough to recognize these as dragons for a long time. For a dragon to be 16 level mages, they are pretty old! And know what they are doing. You are facing some very intellegent beings.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-31-2001).]
Old 10-31-2001, 10:18 AM   #78
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: Neb, I have an idea. Why not bring that thing into play which we discussed on AIM yesterday? Except that it is INCREDIBLY powerful, so we will probably end up running away and watching it and the dragons fight it out...
My story (well not really a story) is this basically: At my school, we have many extracurricular activities, like school orchestra and school homepage (school hompage is at www.fkg.goe.ni.schule.de but it's in German). One of these is school garden/ecology. I'm a member of that group, in the summer we take care of the garden, grow strawberries etc. which are promptly stolen (somebody stole MY pumpkin! grr...), and so on. In the winter we think of projects for the enviroment, for instance last year we baked cookies with little bicycles on them and gave them to all the people who came on bikes one day . Also, every year we harvest elder (german Holunder - ?) berries, make juice and then jam from them. We sell them on the *untranslatable*, days where the parents go to school to talk with the teachers. Well, this year the teacher who does this forgot and realized that they have to be sold Monday and we still needed to cook them! So, she called several people and asked whether they could help despite the fact that today is a holiday. As I am a nice person I volunteered and just came back from cooking one hundred little glasses of elderberry (?) jelly. Yum!
Well, anyway

Kaz stared at Isabeau's lifeless body, shocked. Suddenly she felt fear clutching at her heart - where was Aerynkoryk? She opened her mind and sighed in relief. Aerynkoryk seemed to be safe, but asleep. He was doubtlessly recovering from her shock after regaining her memories.
Suddenly someone touched her on the shoulder. Kaz spun around, but there seemed to be no one there.

OOC: Please don't let Isabeau be dead!

Old 10-31-2001, 10:23 AM   #79
Neb

Neb was surprised that Kaz seemed not to see him, there wasn't THAT much smoke, then he suddenly remembered that he was invisible, a precaution he had taken to avoid getting backstabbed by an assasin while moving through the crowd that had by now gathered around the fire, he quickly stopped his invisibility spell and said, "What happened here? Who started this fire?"

(OOC: Neb also has a familiar, though it's away from him at the moment.

Good idea Kaz, it should be an interesting battle.)
Old 10-31-2001, 10:24 AM   #80
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The whole place was an inferno. Larry could not easily see for the amount of smoke that hung in the air. His breathing began sting. He lowered his height and began to call out for the little girl who was supposedly still in here. "Little girl! Can you hear me? I am come to help you! Your mother is outside waiting for you! Hello!"
Onward he searched, picking over dead and burning bodies, hoping that somebody was left alive. All of these were adults, so Larry continued on...looking into rooms and hallways. He thought he heard a rustle near one end of a corridor, and decided to head that way, but the ceiling then fell, dropping too much debrit in the entrance, so Larry had to find another way around to the room.