Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2002, 04:20 AM   #71
WillowIX
Apophis

Stop it guys!! This is a thread of joy!! And I agree with everybody else in here, SELL!!
Old 07-06-2002, 04:25 AM   #72
Arwyn the Betrayer
Manshoon

I'd say: go for it.
Old 07-06-2002, 04:30 AM   #73
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Megabot:
]Not Norway bhuuuu [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] i can`t belive it! lol Dan you must sell it and get the $$$$$$ the name can be change to something that is almost like so go on!!
And we dont need any "banners" and so on to keep this board going, but you MUST keep the colors and interface of the board like it is to day!!!!![/QB]
And no Sweden...

I guess we Scandinavians are a bit to "peculiar" .
Come on Dan, we could set you up with a Viking party, axethrowing and a big blonde girl named Inga could sing valkyian battle songs for you!

And why not call it something completely new? If you sell the name they could be a bit pissed over punny names, so why not call it Zirocs Word? Chocs Lesuire parlor???

Even though Johnny´s suggestion had some "potential" I guess he might have to much of a headache in the future...

[ 07-06-2002, 04:33 AM: Message edited by: WOLFGIR ]

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 07-06-2002, 04:38 AM   #74
Melusine
Dracolisk

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Dan! That is so unbelievable!! I'm absolutely stumped, and agree wholeheartedly with the things everybody said so far.
I'm SO happy for you, you really deserved this! Of course you should do it!! What people said is true: it's not the name that makes this forum such a wonderful place, it's the people, the atmosphere. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Just make sure, like some people said, that you be careful with taxes and people trying to take advantage of you, OK? [img]smile.gif[/img]
But WHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! This is so cool! Congratulations man!
Now you can make a world tour and meet all of your 8000+ members
I can hardly believe this... sounds almost too good to be true. Wow.
Old 07-06-2002, 05:13 AM   #75
Zidane
Manshoon

Congratulations Dan, big time....

What is in a name, it is the community that counts, we aren't going anywhere. We will follow wherever you lead.

We back you all the way.

Who cares what you call the site, it is the same forum, community etc only 1000% better.

Go for it

Lady Zidane
Old 07-06-2002, 06:22 AM   #76
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Why dont you make a poll? with 2 questions, 'take the money' 'dont take the money'. rather then hear everyone opoin? lol; just a thought.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:49 AM   #77
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Why dont you make a poll? with 2 questions, 'take the money' 'dont take the money'. rather then hear everyone opoin? lol; just a thought.
Because I doubt many people would choose the 'don't take the money' option anyways, looking at the responses so far.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:51 AM   #78
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

yeah but... lol, still, it'd be worth a try I guess. see how many ppl would vote n all.
Old 07-06-2002, 09:33 AM   #79
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Dan, can't add to what they are saying, but my 2 cents, heck yeah, take the money, send everyone an e-mail on what the new site is, and we'll all be back.
Old 07-06-2002, 10:48 AM   #80
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Dan, it would be insane of you not to take the money. Think of a few things. How much money did it cost you to register IW as a website? how much money have you put into IW building servers?? How much have you put up with ICEHOLES who told you your bandwidth for the month had been exceeded???

If you were to be paid an hourly rate for the time you have put into what would be a pretty expensive hobby, how much would you be owed?

Take the money and run. BUT remember that these corporations always start with a lowball figure. You CAN get more. Tell them you want $4.5 mill and settle for $4 mil. And make THEM buy you that Roadster. Its a perk.

You want a server?? Check into the BIG Hewlett-Packard Servers. The have like ONE HUNDRED- TWENTY EIGHT 6 gig Mirrored Hard Drives. The hard drives are worth $1,000 EACH. But the are AWESOME. If one fails the ones next to it will still be able to read any data on the failed drive.

Get your money and seriously look into them. These are corporate servers. You want 100,000 users to have access at one time??? these are the way to go. Youll be able to run your ISP and Website and anything else you can think of off of them.

This is a dream come true. Take it. It literally is the American dream. Guy starts a tiny little website and it slowly grows into a popular site. Webmaster becomes CASH MASTER OVER NIGHT!!!!

Do it dude. We will all go to any site you run so we dont care what the name is.

I couldnt be happier for you. This is truly exciting. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Whats with the bone scan bud??? You get me all excited for you and worried at the same time. For now Ill just be excited and pray for your health [img]smile.gif[/img]