Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2003, 12:41 AM   #61
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Rogue drained the powers of Carol Danvers aka Ms. Marvel (NOT a mutant) and owing to the intensity of the confilct, the result was permanent. Carol later became Binary, another powerful hero. Rogue has Carol's memories and personality mixed with her own. She effectively has two minds-- making her resistant to telepathy.
I am a bit of a comic purist... I see no need to alter the storylines or characters as much as they have. I hate the way Mystiques looks, for example.
And the Phoenix business is better as presented in the comic-- an alien force.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:47 AM   #62
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

We don't know the story behind the movie's Pheonix yet...

[ 05-05-2003, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 05-05-2003, 12:47 AM   #63
the mighty stamar

Apocolypse origin was very derivative of Highlander to me.

He was the strongest mutant 3000 years ago, and killed all of the other ones.

According to his opinion, the strongest mutant of the 'modern' generation is magneto. Some issues show apocolypse and mageneto fighting mano y mano and magneto winning. Some the opposite. Its what comic books are about to leave it ambiguous.

Comparing super powers is sort of childish lol. But depending on the author, magnetos powers can do almost anything, including alter peoples thoughts. Magnetic fields leave a great deal to the author as to what they can control. He could according to comic books destroy the earth by changing the poles. One great series has him killing millions by blowing up a city at a time. The stories sometimes refer to professor X and magneto as the strongest mutants of the generation. Professor X left magneto a vegtable for many years because he got out of hand, and also created a mental block to weaken his power because it was dangerous to all life. So magneto does have a brain and is vulnerable to proffessor X power, which is why he has the helmet. Within the X men stories Magnetos powers and disposition were written countless different ways. Always though, he could instantly knock out all of the X men and Proffessor X and take them to his evil lair.. where they would escape and thwart his plan.

Magneto has encyclopedias written about his character, some good some bad. Even from the beginning in the 60s, his motivations have little to do with what a super villian is into. Hes a very 'good' person, too much so. Within the Xmen stories he saves the earth from destruction as often as anyone else. He does kill people though which puts him on the dark side with wolverine. All in all just a very complicated 'villain' not like lex luthor or the green goblin or stereotypes.

[ 05-05-2003, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: the mighty stamar ]
Old 05-05-2003, 12:53 AM   #64
the mighty stamar

Quote:
Originally posted by ocelot:
... Didn't Stryker have giant robots to help him in the comics?
Jean loved Wolverine didn't she?
More, More, More!
Ya those are the Sentinels. They are the major part missing in the story thus far. The first comic in the 60s included magneto the toad and a few of these characters. But the sentinels were also very early, I would say next to magneto they are the most common X villain. As I said 3 to 1 the next movie is about them.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:28 AM   #65
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Bah I should've known I'd be corrected by some bloody X-Men buffs! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
It's only a fantasy world, sheesh.

I also reckon the next film will feature Sentinel's - that's probably what Stryker was referring to when he says others will continue his battle.
Old 05-05-2003, 03:01 PM   #66
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
So if you're talking physically, Rogue is actually the most powerful mutant, not Professor X.
The point you're missing is that Xavier can control anyone, so he has access to everyones powers. [/QUOTE]She could get a helmet [img]tongue.gif[/img] Thats a point actually, why doesn't everyone get a helmet like magneto's? Whats so special about it? And also, no-one answered my first question [img]tongue.gif[/img] Can nightcrawler change his skin color, or was it a mask in the first scene?
Old 05-05-2003, 03:24 PM   #67
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
So if you're talking physically, Rogue is actually the most powerful mutant, not Professor X.
The point you're missing is that Xavier can control anyone, so he has access to everyones powers. [/QUOTE]She could get a helmet [img]tongue.gif[/img] Thats a point actually, why doesn't everyone get a helmet like magneto's? Whats so special about it? And also, no-one answered my first question [img]tongue.gif[/img] Can nightcrawler change his skin color, or was it a mask in the first scene? [/QUOTE]Im not sure but I believe only magneto has been able to create this type of mental blocking helet, I think Juggie got his helmet either from Magneto or he had some one Magical make it...don't remember...I know that Juggie is not actually a mutant any more than Spider Man is...he got his powers from a Mystical Red Jewel...(ruby?)..Ruby of Cytorack? and How come this shit stays in my brain for decades but I can't remember how style sheets work or how to write Javascript?...grumble...

Old 05-05-2003, 03:32 PM   #68
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
and How come this shit stays in my brain for decades but I can't remember how style sheets work or how to write Javascript?...grumble...
Cos X-Men is fun and Javascript and stylesheets are not.

Yeah Rogue should just steal Magneto's helmet after draining Ms. Marvel and then she would be the most powerful.
Old 05-05-2003, 04:33 PM   #69
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Saying that then I reckon Nightcrawler would be even more powerful. If nightcrawler teleported behind magneto, robbed his helmet then teleported off he would be great. What good will flight and strength be if you cant even catch them? With the helmet, NightCrawler would be the most powerful [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2003, 04:36 PM   #70
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

My mutant can beat up your mutant. [img]tongue.gif[/img]