Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2003, 08:40 AM   #61
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Sigmar? *HUGS* What are you doing here? Methinks someone said he shouldn´t be doing this while studying. Nice to see you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And Legolas too. Everybody is coming back. [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
Its a crazy theory that I have...I believe I am capable of controlling my internet addiction . So far I've been coping with it and so yesterday I asked Z to lift my ban since I had done all my courseworks but I am now studying. Hopefully I will manage to swpend a certain amount of time doing studying and in my leisure time (now) I can do what I want (row and Ironworks and so forth). Its all about willpower.

In short I'm currently on my break, free to converse with the good people of the cafe including yourself Willow

[ 05-12-2003, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 05-12-2003, 08:42 AM   #62
Legolas
Jack Burton

Hey Willow, and sweeperboy, I'm afraid I'll have to be going again [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
Just blame it on the timezones [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2003, 08:45 AM   #63
Olli Kalma

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
quote:
Originally posted by Olli Kalma:
only 31 days for my birthday!
and not much for christmas either...

Sure I would want to have 'sonsday' too, but I'm not so greed,
I can manage just with 2 present in year! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Let's imagine it's 'sonsday' today ( We have Snellman's day in finland )
so it sounds quite same!
* Two Nymph Coffee for us... sons * [img]smile.gif[/img]
I just realised something, aren't we all children of the lord, so in order to not discriminate against anyone I believe we should introduce childday Everyone's a winner [img]smile.gif[/img]

What's Snellman's day?
[/QUOTE]Well, Johan Vilhelm Snellman (1806-1884) was Finlands national philosopher.
He was first person who fight for Finnishness and Finlands autonomy.
Finland get automony 6.12 1917

( Read more about subject if you talk Finnish here )
( And here is fact for English... )
Old 05-12-2003, 08:45 AM   #64
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I have to go now, I have a French orla in quater of an hour, and I have to get my notes ready AND revise AND revise some more, and if I've got time, maybe I'll panic a bit.
But I suppose they don't matter very much. Just end of year exams, etc.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:51 AM   #65
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Its a crazy theory that I have...I believe I am capable of controlling my internet addiction . So far I've been coping with it and so yesterday I asked Z to lift my ban since I had done all my courseworks but I am now studying. Hopefully I will manage to swpend a certain amount of time doing studying and in my leisure time (now) I can do what I want (row and Ironworks and so forth). Its all about willpower.

In short I'm currently on my break, free to converse with the good people of the cafe including yourself Willow
So you've finished your courseworks then. Good boy. [img]smile.gif[/img] Controlling ones internet addiction is not possible. I've tried. More boring activities tend to not get done. Even though your break wasn't a very long one we're glad to have you back. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2003, 09:08 AM   #66
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
quote:

So you've finished your courseworks then. Good boy. [img]smile.gif[/img] Controlling ones internet addiction is not possible. I've tried. More boring activities tend to not get done. Even though your break wasn't a very long one we're glad to have you back. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]What are you talking about? I'm in full control of my addiction...I can leave Ironworks whenever I want...of course most of the time I tend to get right back in

Thank the lord the chatroom isn't up by the way, otherwise I'd never get any work done
Old 05-12-2003, 09:23 AM   #67
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Well, everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. I redid my resume on Friday and it looks SO much better than it did!!! I started sending it out to recruiters I've worked with in the past since about 90% of the computer jobs up here go through them, not through the papers and online. Hopefully I'll get some interviews and better yet, a different job soon.
How's everyone doing today? (you can uncross your fingers long enough to type a response)
Old 05-12-2003, 09:26 AM   #68
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
But i think it's only fair. Think about it... we have a fathersday and a mothersday. I don't have a father, so i'm off the hook for that one. But i have TWO mothers, so that kinda ties things up again.

Dammit i want presents too !!! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
When my kids come up with that old, "There's a Father's Day and a Mother's Day, why isn't there a Children's Day, I give 'em back just what my Mom gave to me, "Every day is Children's Day." Good morning, everyone. Anyway, isn't there a Boy's Day in Japan? Boy, that'd never fly over here.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:30 AM   #69
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
But i think it's only fair. Think about it... we have a fathersday and a mothersday. I don't have a father, so i'm off the hook for that one. But i have TWO mothers, so that kinda ties things up again.

Dammit i want presents too !!! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
When my kids come up with that old, "There's a Father's Day and a Mother's Day, why isn't there a Children's Day, I give 'em back just what my Mom gave to me, "Every day is Children's Day." Good morning, everyone. Anyway, isn't there a Boy's Day in Japan? Boy, that'd never fly over here. [/QUOTE]For one it places more importance on one gender then the other other, unfair of course. AS for evveryday being childrens day...it works (I suppose )
Old 05-12-2003, 10:03 AM   #70
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
Well, everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. I redid my resume on Friday and it looks SO much better than it did!!! I started sending it out to recruiters I've worked with in the past since about 90% of the computer jobs up here go through them, not through the papers and online. Hopefully I'll get some interviews and better yet, a different job soon.
How's everyone doing today? (you can uncross your fingers long enough to type a response)
Good luck Harley!!! I still have a head from yesterdays football accident,plus still wore outfrom playing so hard with kids, when my brother sends me the pics from his camera, of the supper. I qill put them on Stealthy's so everyone can see [img]smile.gif[/img]