Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2001, 05:11 AM   #61
Drau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I give my characters names from other languages - Finnish for the most part. Venaja = Russia in Finnish (okay, so I removed the accents on the As). I also have Meluisa = noisy; Tasku = pocket; Reisi = thigh; Kieli = tongue. And Vilathiel, but it's not Finnish (and I have no idea where it came from).
Old 02-08-2001, 05:25 AM   #62
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well i canīt speak for the rest of the Swedish ppl here but I will honor your truce if you do. =)

So no more jokes about Norweigans, it was mostly fun when I was arounf 6-10 years old anyhow =)
Old 02-08-2001, 05:37 AM   #63
Ash Wyrmspawn

Allright, Wolfgir..... I'll uphold my part!

And I take it we don't need to discuss the hunting of the two wolfpacks on the border either, since I've got the feeling we see eye to eye on thatone!

Old 02-08-2001, 07:36 AM   #64
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Alright Ash, a truce it is.
Although I didn't know we were at war, I thought it was just some casual banter!

Peace brother!
Old 02-08-2001, 08:02 AM   #65
Ash Wyrmspawn

Vicotnik..... Well... war is such a terrible word! *L* And banter is fun and all.... just don't want things to escalate. BTW, I love Icelandic language..... you should be proud that at least some of us have kept the ol' language intact and alive. So much would've been lost if you'd given in to danes or swedes like we did. Too much mainland European influence.

All right..... I guess there is an agreement going then.... no stepping over the line while engaging in harmless banter. *L*

Old 02-08-2001, 08:07 AM   #66
WOLFGIR

Good, I wont talk about the wolfpacks either, no good will come out of such a discussion..
Well Truce it is, sounds like we have accomplished something great in not banter and telling crude jokes about each others origins.. LOL

If only our politicians were this smart...
Old 02-08-2001, 08:11 AM   #67
Ash Wyrmspawn

Well.... we should count ourselves lucky that our friendly rivalry hasn't gone as far as other countries rivalries. I dread what will happen down in Israel/Palestine in the near future.

Well.... to seal this peace treaty, I want to congratulate Sweden and Magdalena Forsberg on winning the gold yesterday. She truly deserved it. Hmmmm.... anything I can congratulate the Danes, Finns and Icelandics on while I'm at it?

Old 02-08-2001, 10:42 AM   #68
RAISTLIN

i always play Raistlin from dragon lance series. I loved watching his transformation. I liked his mysteriousness and the fact that he helped as long as it did not interfere with his own agenda. I liked the fact that his eyes saw time as death as a result of his test to become a mage. I could go on but suffice it to say i liked the books alot

Old 02-08-2001, 10:51 AM   #69
WOLFGIR

Thank you Ash, behalf of all the Swedes, unfortunately I donīt know that about other sport activities recently except handbolls Vm in which we got a Silver in.. again, blasted Frenhies!1 sorry Moirine Well they played better and deserved it though.

Raistlin, itīs good to see that others like the Dragon lance and Twins serie. Good books and actually Raistlin was perhaps the character you got the least boored with.. Should be Ketarra or what her name was again, and of course, Fizzban..
Old 02-09-2001, 01:54 AM   #70
Aurum
Manshoon

Aurum, latin, gold.

Others:

Kat -- Cat
Is --- Femenine warrior of ice.
Shekina Yave -- Sacre name.