Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2001, 03:13 PM   #61
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL! Move to Albany, we have lots of banks
uh, well I suppose I should answer you- Yes, cute. Yes, single as far as I know, but possibly (has/had?) a girlfriend in Spain (he's from Tunisia, did all his grad work/teaching in Madrid before we hired him). I won't be around when the first lecture set ends, so we'll see if he holds me to it. He's a flirt (unlike me, of course ) and we joke around alot anyway. But then again, so are most of the male faculty in the Spanish Program and half the TA's . But I will admit he's 11 yrs my junior - I'm getting worried- somebody's gonna start accusing me of robbing cradles one of these days! (LOLOLOL)
Old 02-10-2001, 09:06 PM   #62
Stealth Bomber

Speaking as a spaniard if he has had contact with that country , he will be an outrageous flirt. lol So what if he is your junior, he doesn't seem to care so why shoud you! You seem a genuinely nice person with a great sense of humour so I don't blame him. Age is unimportant, I have dated women 13 years my senior and my wife is 10 years younger than me. There will always be prejudice from other small-minded people but who cares. Life is too short to lose someone who might be the love of your life because of fear. Just make sure he's not after a green card

Old 02-10-2001, 11:10 PM   #63
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Stealth- Thanks for the sweet reply.
No green card problems, he's fully employed with us. Serious linguist- language acquisition stuff. Not much shop-talk I can do, I was a lit person and in Russian no less! He's a nice guy, but uh, don't push me over the precipice yet! We may ONLY have flirting in common. I don't know. I guess I'll admit that I was only slightly surprised at his 'bet'. Kind of thought something might be coming. Wasn't actually looking for it, though. Well, maybe I'll make a good friend if nothing else.

I'm NOT really keen on in-office romances. Very awkward if things don't pan out.

As for the age thing, well I don't usually think too much about it, but we have a conservative crowd at the office.

Know anything about the Universidad de Complutense in Madrid? Give me something to talk about! I know NOTHING about Tunisia other than the gorgeous coastline and Roman ruins I've seen in pics from a conference the faculty attended in Tunis last yr. But Spain appears to be his addiction.... Goes back during vacations.
Old 02-11-2001, 01:42 PM   #64
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

just bumping

Hey Stealth, I really *do* want to know something about Madrid to talk about!

Cloudbringer
Old 02-11-2001, 05:26 PM   #65
Stealth Bomber

Hi Cloudbringer. Sorry I don't know anything about the University but I will make some enquiries. I haven't been to Madrid yet but what sort of things do you want to know. Maybe Ertai can help, although he is from Bilbao. Try a website about Madrid to get some background knowledge. Anything in particular ask me and I will find out. Madrid is a designed capital, in that the location was picked because it was the centre of Spain. It was hoped this would reduce conflict when Spain unified, some chance. It is located on a very high plateau and so is very hot in summer and very cold in winter. It has some beautiful architecture and some amazing galleries and museums apparantly. The officail language of spain is castellano with a ~ over the n. However it is not the only language spoken in Spain. The Basques, capital Bilbao, or vascos in spanish, speak vasco which is one of the oldest if not oldest language in the world, with no known root. Completely different to castellano or any other language. In catalunya, Barcelona region, they speak catalan which is similar to a blend of french and spanish. A similar language is spoken by the Valencianos. The people from the NW of Spain, Galicia speak gallego, another language. There are other minor ones and many dialects. Spain's geography is unusual in that it is Europe's second most mountainess country after Switzerland. However, they grow rice in the paddy fields and all Clint Eastwoods spaghetti westerns where filmed in the deserts near Almeria. Spain has many unique animals such as the huge bonebreaker bird and is one of the few places in Europe where wild boar, wolves and bears can still be found. Because the Catholic church was so powerful, it has some of the most amazing cathedrals in the world and yet the best example of a moorish palace is in Granada I could go on and on, but tell me more about his specific intrests and I will do some research.

Mikey's marriage bureau is on-line

Old 02-11-2001, 06:08 PM   #66
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Stealth:

Thank you, you've been most helpful, really!

I can pop off to some sites, even dig around our department, for that matter. I've seen a special on tv about Granada! LOVE the architecture.

Cloudbringer, off to educate herself
Old 02-13-2001, 12:07 AM   #67
BLACK KNIGHT

StormCloud, me personally, IMHO, it doesn't matter how old you are, it is how old you feel. So what if his is younger. What do you have to lose? In house work romances are tricky, but can be worth it. As long as you don't work under/over and aren't in direct working relation, it should be okay

Old 02-13-2001, 10:03 AM   #68
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

When in doubt just remember my terrible pick up lines & you'll have a guie of what not to say my terrible pick up lines include "Hey bird you've pulled" & "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" (i havnt tried them out yet but i'm shore you'll get at least a slap if not a kick or pepper spray in the face).
Old 02-14-2001, 01:58 AM   #69
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Say something like "Hey, your parents must be retarded, Because You're S-P-E-C-I-A-L"
Or surprise her. Say Hi.
Old 09-03-2001, 09:57 PM   #70
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hmm... i kinda hope that bumping the oldest thread isnt frowned upon now like it is in some of my other forums... if so, oh well. if not, great topic, bump! and i prefer to just introduce myself, it gets me a lot farther than youd think...

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.