Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2001, 02:10 AM   #61
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Nice to see you again, too, LW !

Unfortunately, here it right now seems and feels as if we had to wait another six months for the arrival of spring. Other birds I especially like are the bluetit - funny name in English - and the raven. I know that they are not exactly small and beautiful birds, but watching them you get idea why scientists call them the most intelligent birds of all.

I sure hope that your compassionate side will win over your mischievous and keep you from throwing rocks at the poor little birds.

Btw, did I get that right ? You suceeded in finding a new house ? Congratulations, that did not take too long in the end, did it ? But how does Mr Bush feel about having to move out again after just three months ?

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-27-2001, 03:49 AM   #62
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ramon - Ah no, my mischevious side is for humans only! My soft side for animals knows no boundaries! Not sure if I've seen a Bluetit, but we do have birds called a tit mouse (yeah I know, funny name). We don't see Ravens here, but lots of crows, which are very very similar. I feel the same as you, birds can be enjoyed for many reasons, not just beauty. I love my crows, especially in the spring when they have their babies. The little ones make the funniest sounds trying to learn how to "caw" and insist on their mother feeding them even though they are close to full size! It will be sad when we move and I have to leave them, as they have become very tame around me. The new tenants will probably freak out when they see the morning swarms in the back yard! HAHA!

Yep, we finally did find a house and will be getting the keys on Thursday and commence moving. Thanks for asking! Will be away from the board for a bit then Don't think ol' George Bush will even notice me taking over his House (a lot gets by him if you know what I mean!)

------------------
Old 03-27-2001, 04:36 AM   #63
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
A "Wellensittich" ! I used to have one throughout my childhood and teen years.
Besides cats, birds, especially small lively ones, are my favourite animals.
I love sparrows, they are not that pretty on first sight, but despite being so tiny, they are so energetic, nosey and bold. I find them especialy irresistible when they cock their heads on one side and give you that peculiar look that is a mixture of curiosity, caution and challenge: " I might be small, but I am much faster and smarter than you. You will never get me ! Who are you, anyway ? Not a single feather on all of that unshapely chunk you call a body. Btw, you don't happen to carry anything eatable on you, do you ?"

I love sparrows! When I used to live in the country we used to get so many birds in the garden - sparrows, bluetits, finches, woodpeckers - and many more. Now I live in the centre of London, and all we get are pigeons which are so unhealthy and straggly looking, and for some reason they all have horribly deformed feet and limp about with bald patches where they peck each other to bits. They carry more disease than rats, most of which can be passed on to humans - but people still go to Trafalgar Square and let them walk (and shit) all over their children! In London, you're never more than 6 feet away from a rat, and never more than 5 minutes from being shat on by an ill pigeon. Why else do I always carry an umbrella? YUK.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-27-2001, 05:06 PM   #64
Ladyzekke

Epona - That's strange about the pigeons! Reminds me of this fox we have out in the backyard woods here. He's missing lots of fur on his rump and tail and keeps constantly drinking water from the pond and chewing at himself. Strange to see a fox in broad daylight. Something is definitely wrong with him.

------------------
Old 03-27-2001, 05:07 PM   #65
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

LW,

crows are really much like ravens, just a little bit smaller and ravens have shinier feathers. But crows are also very clever. Do you have magpies, the thieves among the birds, in Virginia ? I hope your new house has also got a nice backyard where you can befriend new birds.

Good luck with the moving, it sure can be a drag. I have always hated my moves from flat to flat. Last time I decided to invite friends and neighbours over
for the housewarming party just one week afterwards. Big mistake ! Of course, I was no way near finished with unpacking and tidying up, so instead of fun, it was just major stress and chaos. Now, moving an entire two-person household from house to house, I'd rather not imagine me having to do that ! I can only hope that you fulfill the stereotype of Americans who are said to be more mobile and therefore have not piled up an enormous amount of wonderful, but basically superfluous belongings.
I also hope that you are really fond of your new home, that can be a great motivational incentive to overcome the hump of moving.

I'll have to find a new flat and move 'til the end of April, so that will be stressful, too, especially as I live in Cologne, the city with largest university and the second or third highest rent level in Germany. Owning a flat here that is suitable for students is alike to having a licence to print money.
But the worst part is that I will have finished my university course by the end of the year, thus there is a distinct possibility that I will have to move again then. Take that as a motivational incentive !

Btw, have you noticed that there is now another Zekke on the board ? Must be a plot against me !

------------------
So long !

Old 03-27-2001, 05:25 PM   #66
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I love sparrows! When I used to live in the country we used to get so many birds in the garden - sparrows, bluetits, finches, woodpeckers - and many more. Now I live in the centre of London, and all we get are pigeons which are so unhealthy and straggly looking, and for some reason they all have horribly deformed feet and limp about with bald patches where they peck each other to bits. They carry more disease than rats, most of which can be passed on to humans - but people still go to Trafalgar Square and let them walk (and shit) all over their children! In London, you're never more than 6 feet away from a rat, and never more than 5 minutes from being shat on by an ill pigeon. Why else do I always carry an umbrella? YUK.

Hi Epona !

Yes, it is strange that pigeons, once the symbol for love and peace, have replaced the rats as a major annoyance in big city. Here in Cologne, where we have 12 major churches dating back from 8th to 15th century, they have started to give them contraceptives, because their excrements will ruin the facades of the churches, as they are so acidic.

LW, that fox does not have rabies ? I love foxes, their furs are beautiful and their faces expressive, but, at least here, they are known as the main spreaders/victims of rabies.

------------------
So long !

Old 03-27-2001, 05:43 PM   #67
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER? January? February? I don't remember

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME? Lea

GOT ANY ANIMALS? I used to. I love dogs.

APARTMENT, HOUSE, HIGHRISE OR TOWNHOUSE? House

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS? Yes, very.

BALL POINTS OR FELT TIPS? Real ink pens

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS? No, but wish I did.

WHAT CAR/TRUCK DO YOU DRIVE? A grand prix

DO YOU CLICK ON ZIROC'S SPONSOR'S ADS? I didn't know I was supposed to.

WHAT KIND OF WORK DO YOU DO (OCCUPATION)? I run a study abroad program for college students.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES,
CLASSICAL, ETC.)? I really like everything.

HOW MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS? One sister, we are estranged.

WHICH IS BETTER, MOUNTAINS OR BEACHES? mountains.

IF YOU WENT ON "SURVIVOR," WHAT LUXURY ITEM WOULD YOU CHOOSE? I'm not the outdoorsy type.

CHIPS OR DORITOS? doritos

WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE (DREAMING KIND)? I have nightmares all the time. Usually somebody kills me in them

WHAT DO YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS THINK OF YOU SPENDING TIME ON THIS
BOARD? My daughter thinks it's cool. My husband. . . well he knows I'm out of control anyway.

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS? BG1, BG2, IWD

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT? I'm really ambigious on that one.

ARE YOU PLANNING ON STICKING AROUND ON THIS BOARD? But of course!

----

------------------
Reeka--The Hand of Death
Old 03-27-2001, 05:48 PM   #68
Ladyzekke

Ramon - No magpies that I know of. The thieves here are usually Starlings! They run all the birds off when they swarm in! I do get a small backyard in the new house, nothing like what we have here, but it'll do. I'll get my bird feeder in there! We are close to a streambed as well, and I joke to my friends that I'll probably have the ducks on our back doorstep! Hey, news travels fast when you're a bird!
Have to hang my head on the superfluous piles of belongings! We don't move that often and now have tons of things we really have no use for! Luckily we will have 5 other people helping us move (thank you thank you thank you!) as we have a lot of heavy items like a gigantic TV, a gigantic fish aquarium, gigantic speakers and stereo equipment, gigantic computer desks/setups, heavy ping pong table, etc.

I'm afraid to have a housewarming party myself, as I don't want to see people trash the new house! It happens you know?!

I understand about high rent! Very much understand! It is really crazy having to dole out half your paycheck for a small hole in the wall! Always the way it seems to go though when you live in certain cities. I wish you luck as well on your moving. Bummer that you may have to do it all over again in a year
Yes, I noticed the other "Zeeke". Strange that another found a similar name as I thought mine was unique? Go figure!

------------------
Old 03-27-2001, 06:07 PM   #69
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Yes, it is Zeeke not Zekke, sorry.

Btw, does either of the both have a meaning in English ? I think I'm remembering that you told that you got yours by being nicknamed by friends. By why ? (If you don't mind me inquiring.)

Ducks, just another entirely different species of birds I like a lot. They are just funny, especially whenever they endeavor to move "ashore". And ducklings are even funnier and sweet.

------------------
So long !

Old 03-27-2001, 06:33 PM   #70
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Yes, it is Zeeke not Zekke, sorry.

Btw, does either of the both have a meaning in English ? I think I'm remembering that you told that you got yours by being nicknamed by friends. By why ? (If you don't mind me inquiring.)

Ducks, just another entirely different species of birds I like a lot. They are just funny, especially whenever they endeavor to move "ashore". And ducklings are even funnier and sweet.

I wish mine had some other meaning besides just getting it from friends. It's kind of a take off on my last name.