Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2001, 07:03 PM   #61
WizardMen
The Magister

This maybe tech maybe not. Anyway when I get to a part where someone has to talk(other than the narator)my game freezes for at least 20secs and then comes back on and this happens after every sentence. Got any idead of what is causing it? Would it help to turn off speech?

()xxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
WizardMen
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 07:20 PM   #62
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

WizardMen: are you running at a full install, or the small one? It may be your CD-ROM that's having to access the sound files if it's the small install.

Other than that, I'd say follow the advice I gave to Adam Warlock and do a thorough Disk Defragment on your hard drive. As your hard drive becomes fragmented, it takes longer and longer and longer to look for files...which can become quite noticeable after awhile.

Hope this helps!

-Sazerac

P.S. Wyvern, can we remove some of the bumps? (And thanks, guys, for keeping it bumped up!)

"S"

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 05-30-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 09:16 PM   #63
Glycerine
Manshoon

So am I getting this right? Upgrading Nvidia drivers fixes the distorted interface problems? What about those of us who have a Voodoo 5 5500 and still have the same problem? Any ideas?

Glycerine
Glycerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2001, 11:07 PM   #64
Dragonrider
Dungeon Master

Hi! Dragonrider here. Glycerine I too have a VooDoo 5 5500. You should get the updated drivers at 3dfx. Even though they went out of business they still have the drivers at their home page. At present I am running d3d at the lowest resolution. The drivers are optimized for dx8. I haven't had a problem yet with distortion. I test the other settings and the letters are distorted and for some reason the game kept kicking me out so I used the lowest resolution possible. Hope that this helps you out some.
Dragonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2001, 11:07 PM   #65
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just posting in the solution to Schizophrenic's problem for future reference...Sazerac

Quote:

Schizophrenic: OK this is the promble i had it for 3 weeks now but when i play the game,the buttons are intacked but the window you look threw is nothing but play and the only the work is the game setting and Log/Save menu so how do i fix it Plz tell me.

Sazerac: Ok, schizophrenic, first of all, what platform are you using to play the game on? Windows 98, ME, 2000? On some systems you have to do some configuring (particularly 2000) to get it to work, since Win2K wasn't designed to be a gaming platform. Anything else about your interface you can tell us? Your particular system (RAM, CPU, Hard Drive, Video Card, Sound Card)? Let us know and we'll do what we can to help.
-Sazerac

Schizophrenic: Im still learning about pc but i can tell you 2 thing. My Video card is a 3DFX Voodoo2. Im using Windows Me.

Sazerac: Have you tried running the game in software mode? 3dfx (especially Voodoo) has some problems with the D3D mode. You can also try updating the drivers for the card. I'm not sure what the URL for the Voodoo web site would be; probably that of the manufacturer. There's also some issues with the Windows ME codecs. I'll see if I can bump something up for you.

-Sazerac

http://www.voodoofiles.com/1843

Above link should work for new drivers.

Sazerac: Here's a workaround for the codecs for Windows Me that may work...check it out. For the workaround in Win 98 or Windows Me, the solution is to reset your Compression codecs in the Windows Setup. Open up Control Panel (Start ->Settings ->Control Panel), click on the "Add or Remove Programs" icon, and then click on the Windows Setup tab. Scroll down the list until you find "Multimedia", then click on it and then click the "Details" button. Make sure "Video Compression" is checked. Then click the OK button.

-Sazerac

schizophrenic: Thxs Sazerac, im doing everything now.

schizophrenic: Yaaahh thxs i dont haft to play it at my uncles house npw, he has a copy of the game i thank thee Sazerac.
[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 05-31-2001).]
Old 06-02-2001, 10:53 AM   #66
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Topside!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 09:44 PM   #67
Xan
Dungeon Master

having problems with the game crashing. It just started in last couple of days, the game starts running really slow and I get an hourglass icon for every action I take, then everything blacks out for a second and I am left with a screen that shows both my desktop adn the game see-through over top it. I thought maybe it was a memory prob since I just hooked up cable modem with firewall running constantly in background, so I just added an extra 128mb, but it still happening!! Any suggestion? Ideas?
Thanks!

------------------
In an infinite universe, not only is anything possible, but highly probable!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 09:54 PM   #68
Xan
Dungeon Master

forgot to mention that I have a REAL old system, at least compared to most of you! It's a Compaq w/366 celeron (aprox Pentium 250??) with 4gb hard drive and 192mb ram upgraded form 64mb just today, did it myself-could that be the prob? Prob not because this is WHY i got more merory!! Anyway, thanks for any help!

------------------
Old 06-03-2001, 07:10 PM   #69
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Xan:
forgot to mention that I have a REAL old system, at least compared to most of you! It's a Compaq w/366 celeron (aprox Pentium 250??) with 4gb hard drive and 192mb ram upgraded form 64mb just today, did it myself-could that be the prob? Prob not because this is WHY i got more merory!! Anyway, thanks for any help!

The system shouldn't be a problem. Have you tried doing a Disk Defragmentation recently? Sometimes that can be the source of a problem. Also run Scandisk before you do the Disk Defrag. Both of these utilities can be found in Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools.

If that doesn't fix the problem, check your video card drivers. Also, are you running in Software Mode? If not, change your display to Software Mode...it uses fewer resources.

Hope this helps! Let us know. Sorry it took so long for me to get to this; I was out all day yesterday.

-Sazerac

Old 06-03-2001, 10:42 PM   #70
Xan
Dungeon Master

Thanks Saz. I did try both of those (scan disk/defrag) and I THINK it helped some, I haven't crashed yet today , I also think maybe my firewall might be affecting me, guess I bettter pay for a real one instead of free, Huh!

------------------