Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 09:40 AM   #61
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
That's ok, Antonius, I believe you!

I welcome comments from Donut on this topic.

buggeroffallyouaussies!

I have to miss my lie-in tomorrow to get up for the Rugby.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-15-2001, 09:43 AM   #62
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
buggeroffallyouaussies!

I have to miss my lie-in tomorrow to get up for the Rugby.

Two more Qld players are out for tomorrow. I bet we still give the Lions a scare.

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 09:44 AM   #63
Link
Jack Burton

Just for your information: they don't play rugby in heaven! They play soccer!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-15-2001, 10:19 AM   #64
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Two more Qld players are out for tomorrow. I bet we still give the Lions a scare.

Two things Memnoch - firstly, you could have 18 players on the team and not scare us. Secondly - what's with this WE business, are you from Queensland?

------------------

Old 06-15-2001, 11:11 AM   #65
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Two things Memnoch - firstly, you could have 18 players on the team and not scare us. Secondly - what's with this WE business, are you from Queensland?

Ah, I'll pay that to you, old mate. I need to give you something after that 86.

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 04:47 AM   #66
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Queensland Reds game in 45 mins, and I've got up for it after 3 hours sleep, and I'm feeling slightly hungover - I really hope this is worth it.
Old 06-16-2001, 06:33 AM   #67
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Staralfur:
Queensland Reds game in 45 mins, and I've got up for it after 3 hours sleep, and I'm feeling slightly hungover - I really hope this is worth it.

3-32 at half time. I think it's worth it.

So Davros/Memnoch are you convinced that the Lions are the real thing yet? NEXT PLEASE

I have had a bet on this game. From now on I get £30 for every try by an Englishman, £50 for every QLD player who gets a blood break, £50 for every QLD sin binned or sent off, £2 for every point scored by the Lions after 70 mins. £50 if QLD fail to score in the second half.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Donut (edited 06-16-2001).]
Old 06-16-2001, 06:35 AM   #68
Davros
Takhisis Follower

OK, just suffered through the Reds dismal first half performance against the British Lions. While I don't recognise 5 on the names, the QLD side cannot be said to be a bunch of hacks. It will delight my London pal to hear that I deem this to be an impressive performance by the Lions. For my education, how many of the side come from England - how was the representation split tonight between the countries?

Those tests are shaping up as good games - should be a pleasant change from previous tours (ha, you couldn't expect me not to get one good dig in at least - and here's another - CRICKET ).

------------------
Old 06-16-2001, 07:32 AM   #69
Leagle
Manshoon

Goddamit! I just remembered that I do enjoy Rugby. I used to hate it. (I went to a public school, so we had the massive winter term Rugby, 1/2 a small term football-, 1/2 hockey and 1 small term Cricket..) I think Cricket boring, but hate it because I suffer from major hayfever. I don't scew up in the winter with Rugby, but summer/late spring/early Autumn is horrific.
Old 06-16-2001, 08:13 AM   #70
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
OK, just suffered through the Reds dismal first half performance against the British Lions. While I don't recognise 5 on the names, the QLD side cannot be said to be a bunch of hacks. It will delight my London pal to hear that I deem this to be an impressive performance by the Lions. For my education, how many of the side come from England - how was the representation split tonight between the countries?
It's a shame the Lions didn't carry on in the second half, some impressive defending though. All the attacking seemed to stop when Matt Dawson came on, then we went off the boil a bit. The first ten minutes were a bit ugly as well, which I think both sides are to blame for, case of each team trying to rattle the other no doubt. I'm not all that familar with Australian Rugby teams, but I assume from what you are saying they are a good team, I heard they had 12 internationals.

The Lions squad consists of 18 English, 10 Welsh, 6 Irish and 3 Scottish players. (I'm not sure if that is the original or new squad though). I think 9 of the starting players were English. More info on the squad here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:

Those tests are shaping up as good games - should be a pleasant change from previous tours (ha, you couldn't expect me not to get one good dig in at least - and here's another - CRICKET ).

Yep indeed should be good matches. (AHEM - last Autumn.)
Arrrggggghhhh not cricket in the rugby thread again , I came here to feel good about British sport.

[This message has been edited by Staralfur (edited 06-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Staralfur (edited 06-16-2001).]