Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2001, 10:36 AM   #61
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I'll do so soon.
How old be you?

------------------
Why?
Old 03-14-2001, 10:43 AM   #62
Donut
Jack Burton

He's thirteen.

------------------
The Truth is in the Profile
Old 03-14-2001, 10:44 AM   #63
Moiraine
Anubis

And you are 84. Is that correct ?

------------------
Old 03-14-2001, 11:27 AM   #64
Donut
Jack Burton

No, I'm Eleventy One!

------------------
The Truth is in the Profile
Old 03-14-2001, 01:26 PM   #65
Hesperex

I hate to point this out but is there actually any point to this argument, I think your both wasting your typing time, and I know Yorick will not concede his point and I doubt 250 will now. I also have to ask 250 why he is been so closed minded, I always thought that you were a genuine open minded person but you seem unwilling to even consider another point of view, weather you agree with it or not. Now what I think doesn't matter but IT'S NOT REAL, Karatur does not! exist. and Saudi Arabia is right by Iran in Asia incase you don't know.

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com

Old 03-14-2001, 08:14 PM   #66
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Does anyone of you actually enjoy THESE kinds of debates ?
And if no, why are you having/continuing them ?

Good night !

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-14-2001).]
Old 03-14-2001, 10:16 PM   #67
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Anyone out there ever play the AD&D "Oriental Adventures" back in the day? It's been about fifteen years ago since I read my copy, but it seems they had a magic-user called a "Wu Jen". I have forgotten their version of a cleric, but I know they had a healer type as well.

Yorick, I guess by the plural reference that I meant: it takes two to argue. I meant no offense, and this elite Waterdeep guard salutes his superiors! I'm as guilty as any by stirring the pot, so I'll include myself in "guys".

I guess I'm up to four cents now.

------------------
and the flaming sword turning every way, guards the tree of life.
Old 03-14-2001, 10:44 PM   #68
Aegis Crownguard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im sorry i didnt see this post sooner. I spent alot of time at a university in Beijing and actually studied ancient asian culture. There are many aspects of asian history (both oral and written) that elude to magic and some of them outright state the existence of it. For instance,while most stories refer to gods and "godly magic" their are also scripts that refer to common people and "commoners magic". One such person is Han Hsiang Tzu. He was a scholar who was persecuted because he chose to study magic rather than prepare for civil service (and yes, its actually uses the word "magic"). In order to prove that magic was real Han made two roses materialize out of some lines of poetry. There are also scripts which refer to magic items such as "magic swords" and such. In one such story Lu Tung Po slays a dragon with a magic sword. This sword was forged from Chang Kua Luao, and no Lu was not a god I hope that this can clear some issues up about magic in asian culture. Thanks for listening. -Aegis
Old 03-14-2001, 11:14 PM   #69
Aegis Crownguard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The forger of the magic sword in my last post was actually Chang Kua Puzo. I apologize for the mistake.
Old 03-15-2001, 01:15 AM   #70
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Aegis Crownguard:
The forger of the magic sword in my last post was actually Chang Kua Puzo. I apologize for the mistake.

man... or woman (either way) please put chinese version of those people's names after the english ones. I cannot seem to recongnize any of them.