Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2001, 02:33 PM   #61
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Kaz finished her spell, and a lightning bolt sailed over Sephi's head. It bounced off the wall, and flew up the stairs to collide with two assassins at the top. They fell rolled down and into Sephi's blade, inflicting even more electrocuting goodness into them. The summoned beings had finished their work, and Kaz and Sephi went up the stairs now, and proceeded into the next room.
Old 11-03-2001, 02:37 PM   #62
Neb
Account deleted by Request

After following his two new "allies" a bit, Neb hid in the shadows and waited for them to encounter their former friends, this was heralded by screams from below, Neb smiled and continued down the stairs, he came upon the dead body of the first assasin not to notice the domination spell, he could see that one of the dominated assasins was still alive at the bottom of the stairs, managing to survive being attacked by 5 of his brothers, Neb thought it nice to put him out of his misery and did so with a Fireball which also did the same nice thing to the 5 assasins he was fighting.
Old 11-03-2001, 02:41 PM   #63
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Deiter had to bite his lip to keep from grinning at the dwarf jumping up to grab the gem bag. He turned to take in the inside of the tavern again, and wondered what it would look like later on.
Old 11-03-2001, 02:43 PM   #64
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephi crouched low, leading the way into the next room. He burst through the door, hitting in a roll and coming up with his sword being drawn. Three assassins moved in on him, forming a triangle of death and blades. Sephi went back low, and slashed the legs out from one of them. The other two backed away, but Sephi leapt on one of them, jamming his sword through his back. The other one had more time to gather himself, and had a crossbow ready and pointed at Sephi. But Kaz's summoned creatures had something else on their minds, and quickly leapt on the man, throwing off his aim and brutalizing him rather badly.
Old 11-03-2001, 02:50 PM   #65
Neb

Neb surveyed the room at the bottom of the stairs, it was a large common room, tables and chairs had been overturned by people wanting to get our quickly, some of them had run upstairs, Neb knew that, those who had were dead, but there would have been at least thirty more here than those who ran upstairs, Neb spotted two doors, he knew that opening one of them would leave him face to face with at least ten angry assasins and not much time to cast a spell and the other one would probably allow him the pleasure of triggering a trap and, if he survived the trap, the stairs downwards.

Neb cast a Wyvern Call spell, the large wyvern barely fitting into the room, he ordered it to bash down the door on the right, the wyvern did so and Neb heard the screams of the assasins who were expecting to face a lone mage and not a large ferocious wyvern.
Old 11-03-2001, 03:14 PM   #66
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mistral

As she listens to Larry's final decision, the gloom shrouding her heart is momentarily dispelled. Her eyes dilate and she nods, pressing herself up from her crouched position with both hands. Turning to Isabeau, she mutters ~ "Come, Isabeau." ~ Her familiar darts Fabian a vicious glare, but promptly obeys her mistress. ~

They follow Larry down the hallway in which he first walked down, and out of the front door. Mistral feels the contempt and hostility in every glance thrown in her direction. Her head lowers and she impulsively reaches to hold Larry on the upper of his right arm. Jeers and boos of every kind are hurled at her; they leave the House of Freelight... soon, the stronghold is a distance from them and she halts in her tracks for an instant ~

"Thank you, Larry... once again..." ~ Her head hangs lower ~ "Henceforth, I am no Freelight... an outcast with a tarnished reputation... I have nothing to offer you but my miserable existence and doubtful morals." ~ A harsh laugh emits from her mouth, her eyes blink and her lips tremble ~ "I will not blame you if you reconsider what you've just said back there... no man should have to go through this humiliation... you have my eternal gratitude for being there in my time of need..." ~ Before she realises it, her feet begin to sway and she falls onto the ground, unconscious.
Old 11-03-2001, 03:23 PM   #67
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephi and Kaz stood in the room, surrounded by the three bodies. There were no other doors visible, so they quickly went to check out the windows. Sephi threw open the shudders, revealing a beautiful seascape. The sun was just coming up over the waves, which reminded Sephi of... It's better not to talk or think about that now. But despite his mind saying to avoid it happening again, he called Kaz over to watch the sunrise. No, I can't let this happen again! I WON'T let it happen again! As Kaz approached, he half expected the door to burst open and have a horde of assassins rush through, ad luckily that hadnt happened so far.
Old 11-03-2001, 03:26 PM   #68
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: I'm going back to sleep after this; Larry - could you pls drag Mistral along?)

Fabian

He had watched as his beloved clung on to his rival's arm for support and the pair hurriedly making their way out amidst the tense situation. Clenching his fists and gritting his teeth, he now turns to the rest of the staff ~ "That's all for now. Go back to your duties." ~ The servants promptly scatter and return to their mundane tasks.

Striding out to the courtyard, he sees two distant figures in the horizon. Sensing the stares on his back, he whips around and barks ~ "Dismissed!" ~ Once again, the troops disperse, the men throwing speculative glances at one another.

Something went wrong somewhere... ~ He casts a final glance at the figures - one seems to have dropped and he curbs his impulse to run there and catch her - before abruptly storming back into the stronghold.
Old 11-03-2001, 03:27 PM   #69
Neb

While the wyvern was busy ripping apart the assasins, it's head and one of it's front claws squeezed through the door, Neb examined the trap on the other one, a simple crossbow trap which he quickly disarmed and walked through the door, the room on the other side was small with nothing except some stairs leading down, for some reason Neb was suddenly filled with fear, what if he failed? He would die and the death of his family, his friends, HER death, would not be avenged, Neb took control of himself, they WOULD be avenged, he strode purposefully towards the stairs, ready for an ambush as soon as he got down them.
Old 11-03-2001, 03:33 PM   #70
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

"Is there a reason you're calling me over" Kaz asked Sephi as she approached reluctantly.
I'm just looking to pursue some memories of mine, that's all. I've been running from my past too long... He was about to go back into deep thought when the door burst open and a line of assassis streamed in, eight in them all. Oh well, at least it's not COMPLETE deja vu. Help me out here! Sephi rushed into the line with Shocksword, taking down one assassin and wounding another.