Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2001, 12:17 AM   #61
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Saz, you were pretty close:
À Dexter: Bienvenu au Board de Wizards & Warriors. Je suis sur que tu vas t'amuser. Inquiètes-toi pas pour ton anglais, c'est aussi ma langue seconde. PS: J'étais à Bagot pendant les innondations en '96...

"To Dexter: Welcome to the W&W forum. I'm sure you'll have some fun here. Don't worry about your English. It's my second language too. PS: I was in Bagot during the 1996 floods."

Poor little Dexter felt lost thinking he was the only Francophone on this board. I just wanted him to realized that he wasn't the only one and not to worry about his English. It all comes with practice. I learned English on my own at the age of 17 (now 26)... quite interesting when you learn by watching Night court, movies, browsing the net and of course Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings" in both English and French (much easier than looking at a French/English dictionary).

As for the "I was in Bagot in 1996" it simply means that I was stationed at the Airforce base (Bagotville) during the big Saguenay flood of 1996. You guys have most likely seen it either on CNN or, most recently, on TLC during their awfull weather programs. Little Dexter lives just upstream from there (about 1.5hrs of driving)

I know Dexter hasn't been posting lately... he could still be coming now and then

[This message has been edited by Ryanamur (edited 05-18-2001).]
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 12:24 AM   #62
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Wow, I'm glad I haven't forgotten all my French! Thanks, Ryanamur.

Just to let you know: My true name is Paris Soulier, and I'm originally from Louisiana. Both my aunt and my grandmother were native French speakers. I'm half French, 1/4 Irish, and 1/4 Norse. They "made" us study French to keep it in Louisiana when I was in school...something called the "Codofil" program. I wouldn't have minded it so much except that when I was first learning it (in 1st grade) I had a French teacher who was meaner than blue h**l...definitely not a good first impression.

I know, I feel bad about Dexter...I think he had a tough time reading the board. He never posted much and after awhile didn't show up anymore. Too bad!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 06:02 AM   #63
Savage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

oke...
im a 26years old swiss IT Student (graduating this year wohooo!)
first steps in RPG's with my C64 and might&magic
anything forgotten?
yes! still looking for my princess to save from harm
ahm... hi Tanda
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 06:30 AM   #64
Arknash
Elite Waterdeep Guard

still 28 (dont mention june) year old CRPG freak.
born in Salzburg, Austria (thats Europe, no kangaroos )
living in Den Haag, Netherlands right now.

first CRPG: Bard's Tale on C64 like 12 years ago.
favorite: EQ still, though it @#&*$^.

Ark. aka Alex

Arknash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 09:57 AM   #65
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

SAZ: I'm glad that you still remember your French roots . Sorry to hear that your schooling experience wasn't too great . Your teacher sounds like my grade 4 teacher... she wasn't... very nice [this message wasn't edited by Wyvern on 18-5-01] . But I'm impressed, usually students who experience bad experience in the early stage of schooling drop out... they don't go and get a Ph.D.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 10:04 AM   #66
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Cool Guys!!! Good job, Saz! Perhaps one of you (or both) should email little Dexter and let him know he is missed and ask about how his game is going?? Just a suggestion. Thanks again for the interpretation! The only other languge I speak well is ASL (American Sign Language) and you don't "speak" that! LOL
Mammawlin

Waving to all the folks out there! I love this thread!!!!
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 09:27 PM   #67
mortification
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just noticed this thread. Thanks to everyone for keeping it near the top.

Male, Age 28, from Indiana (went to Purdue for grad school). Own my own business (www.ghbraille.com). Been playing CRPGs since the Vic-20 days.

Somebody mentioned M.U.L.E. earlier on this thread - one of the best games ever! There's a WWW site called LemonC64 where you can download the emulator and ROM. Remember how the computer players did the "crazydance" during the auctions to try and entice you into selling?

Oh yeah, and I know ASL too (but only a little bit of French - the college classes didn't "take").

------------------
(This space intentionally left blank)
mortification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2001, 09:52 PM   #68
treehut
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Carg, you still there? I'm in a talkative mood. Your thread is great. What's your statistics tell ya now? Seems like average age (my qualitative judgement) is about 30 years old. Netherlands, Canada, parts of Europe, and of course, U.S.A. are up there. Half men and half women are players.

Send your post and let everyone know.
treehut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 06:46 AM   #69
Traute
The Magister

57, female, living in Hamburg/Germany.

Got my first computer rather late, in 1995. Have been playing CRPGs ever since.

Hobbies: Reading, cats, traveling, computers.

Professions: anything to do with administration, went back to university at age 43 and got a degree in Social Sciences in 1991, started a home care service (together with some friends) in 1996.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2001, 11:31 AM   #70
WizardMen
The Magister

Hey its nice to read about everybody.
Im 14,male and am from Oceanside CA

Im suprised that there are many females on this board.

Guess im not use to it.

()xxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
WizardMen
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote