Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2003, 01:09 PM   #61
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would love to help with the depicting the voices and everything, but I can't. I don't have enough time anymore. I'm working a 45 hour week and have school. Not to mention my volenteere work and stuff. Sorry I can't be of more assistance, oh and I am looking for that editor I was talking about. I should have it by tuesday. Cause I can only get on the computer during my networking class anymore.
Old 10-28-2003, 01:11 PM   #62
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Dang Xignal's site really does have everything, I found the Roster editor on his site I guess. Didn't know that. But anyways here is the direct link to the page where you download it. Roster Editor

I hope this helps you out a bit on your quest to find them all. I know this at least lets you experince what each trait can really do.

[ 10-28-2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: Loumistro ]
Old 10-29-2003, 04:49 PM   #63
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Yes, I also just had an interesting look through some of the speech files in the "speech" folder. In the speech/137-1611wav folder are the sound bits Moiraine was talking about - clearly depicting Nivius after the oath has been broken.

In the speech/135-1611wav folder is a speech by a guardian of Anephas's Shrine - one clearly omitted from the released game. It asks the player to name the three watchers in order to pass through something. Interestingly the second watcher (the speaking oracle) is named Isabel.

Also in the I99Icon folder it is made apparent that slings and rocks were meant to be included as weapons. Also there is a flower and a lizard skull in addition to the rat skull.

Interesting indeed, but yet no clues as to the missing traits.

Pardon my complete ignorance but how do I access the text files with a hex-editor, and how do I get one?

And thank you for the information, Loumistro.

And hopefully I do not need to say that you can count me in on the hunt.

[ 10-29-2003, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 10-30-2003, 01:07 PM   #64
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

Here is one style of Hex Editor. I'm not to familiar with this style myself. But it seems pretty simple. The one I have on my home computer is way out of date by now. So I really don't think you would want to use it. Hex Editor

I hope this is what you are looking for.
Old 10-30-2003, 02:30 PM   #65
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Just a note on using a hex editor on the W&W save files - they're put together in what I consider a rather weird manner. Character information can be stored in two and/or three places within the one file. The first one is near the middle of the file, the others at the end. When editing items, you only need to make changes to the last character entries BUT if you wanted to change something like stats - you have to make identical changes to all the character information. I used hex edit to bump stats for my son's characters (before there was an editor out there to use) and it was a bit of a pain.

I never bothered to try to figure out where the traits were stored. That would probably take some ferreting around to figure out. If you're going to try - SAVE AND BACKUP the files involved!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 07:57 PM   #66
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Just a thought on the regeneration trait. Regeneration is an important property for vampires, since it counters the problem of their hit point loss. That is what makes the vampire ring so valuable to vampires (for those who have patched the game ). I think regeneration could very well be a vampire trait. Any thoughts on this?
Old 11-19-2003, 09:36 AM   #67
Norin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you all are still planning on listening to all the sound files ( if it isn't done already ) I'd be willing to help out. I'vequite enjoyed reading through this thread and I offer help when I can so if I'm needed ( or wanted ) lert me know.
Old 11-20-2003, 08:45 AM   #68
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome abord with the hunters, Norin.

I have to admit I listened to all the files myself and did not find anything that would indicate the presence of a trait. I have not begun hex-editing yet, however.

But do check out everything you may find out of the ordinary, such as moving altars, etc. and post your thoughts be they ever so far-fetched. That way we may all learn something and perhaps get a chance discovery. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 04:39 PM   #69
Norin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks bsftcs, I'll do what I can. What are the current missing traits as it stands? And I was just thinking, maybe the Altar of the Serran has some use after the Paladin quest? I'm going to go back there once in a while to see if it comes up with anything.

[ 11-20-2003, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Norin ]
Old 11-20-2003, 05:25 PM   #70
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Great idea about the Altar of Serran (or rather the altars). Now that you mention it, I got an idea that might be worth trying: Try doing a mind leech on it. In fact I think it might be worth trying mind leeching everything and everybody we come near. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As to the missing traits we are still missing those mentioned in the beginning of this topic. Although some claim to have had some of the traits they have not yet explained how they got them.

In fact just this evening I spent an hour doing various experiments in Anephas's Shrine. It is probably one of the two dungeons which I had spent the least time exploring up until today.

It seems to me that more was planned in connection with this dungeon. As mentioned earlier there were clearly made plans for a temple guardian asking questions about the three watchers. Also other things made me wonder: The monkey chute with the two holes leading down to the rooms with the scarab levers, the two seemingly inoperable stone faces by the monkey chute, the two obelisks by the scarab levers closing the monkey chute... In the room between that with the monkey chute and that with the sacred pool the ceiling is situated far above one's head, and down one of the sides there is a stripe almost like a rabbet for an elevator...

I made some experiments with the light beam (which also emanates from very high up) to see if I could bend it further. If one does not place the urn on the altar the beam goes right through a wall and would have continued throught to the room with the rotted corpse.

I also made some experiments with the serene altar in the pool room such as teleporting on top of it when it is in an up position. I also tried to see if I could lodge something underneath it to keep it up. All these experiments were futile.

Lately I have adopted the technique of looking upwards... Checking the ceiling in every room. I must admit I got a bit surprised. I suddenly realized that rooms I had visited many times in the past had ceilings I had never seen before. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I am very glad to have you with me on the hunt, Norin. Every little bit helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]