Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2006, 06:16 PM   #51
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

*big grin*

Middlesbrough 1 - AS Roma 0

We beat a Roma team that hasn't lost a game in four months. Fair doos, they didn't have three of their main strikers (*snickers*) but we did it, came out on top.

Now to travel to Rome next week (unfortunatly I'm not going, damn lack of money and parental supervision ) and hopefully get into the last 8 of the UEFA Cup!

For most of you, I'm guessing this won't mean a thing, but someone might be following it as eagerly as I am
Old 03-09-2006, 06:36 PM   #52
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Edmonton Oilers gearing up for a cup run! Hehe, can't wait.

Wow, I think my work paid me an extra $100 or so. Hard working bonus or a mistake? Now, should I tell them or....
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:18 PM   #53
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

You guys overpaid for Roloson and Samsonov's soft. [img]tongue.gif[/img] The Samsonov deal I really liked actually, but I think Lowe royally screwed up with Morrison. Hey, we got a former 1st rounder for Jason Wiemer, and basically gave up nothing. Besides, we're already awesome.

The answer to your second question is no. Besides, if they find out, won't they ask for it back anyway?

EDIT => Ivelliis, I'm still in mourning over the elimination of my Reds from Champ Cup contention.

[ 03-09-2006, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:03 AM   #54
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Your Flames still have no scoring, and their success depends on the defence and the play of Mr. Kipprusoff.
We had to overpay... all the teams knew we were desperate so it would be natural to jack up the price of their 'goods'. Samsonov... undecided right now.
Morrison I completely agree with. If anyone should have been waived, it'd be Markkanen. They're both at an equal level right now, and Mo's cheaper AND younger.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:03 PM   #55
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Here are my reasons. Keep in mind that I don't have a visceral hatred for the Oilers (like I do the Canucks and Maple Leafs.)

You guys have a really solid young team. I don't think that they can honestly expect to compete this year for the Cup, but they can do some damage in the post-season. That being said:

Roloson is a band-aid. He's 36 or 37. The Oilers are really gonna hit their stride in 2-3 years, when Hemsky and Torres, amongst others, are going to start reaching their potential. So why trade a 1st rounder for a guy who, at best, will be very injury prone and on the downtrack of his career? If you paid a little more, and got Biron, or hell, even Aebischer, that would be different, and I think a better move. How about Conklin as well as the deal you gave Minnesota to Buffalo for Biron? He'll be around when the two Alberta teams will be dominating the NW.

Samsonov is unnecessary. Hemsky will be better than him in less than a year. Schremp will be a big help next year too, not to mention guys like JF Jacques and Pouliot on the farm team. Samsonov is going to be one of, by my count, 3 or 4 big name UFA forwards next year (with Weight, Savard, someone else I'm forgetting,) so his price is going to be very high. I don't know what your cap space looks like, but he'll probably be making 5 or 6, and that's a lot when you consider what Pronger's making.

I don't mind either of the moves, but for an 8th place team to have it's first pick in the 3rd round...seems very risky. In any case, in 2 or 3 years, when Vancouver and Colorado are rebuilding, the two Albertan teams are going to be duelling for NW dominance - and that will be one fun ride. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And no, we don't score goals. But goals are overrated. Vancouver scores a lot of goals - but who's leading the division. One of the things Sutter said was that he wasn't going to give up the future for a rent-a-player. Probably will sign a big-name UFA in the off-season.

I love this so much better than the lockout! And I apologize to those of you who have no idea what we're talking about. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I am SO glad it's Friday. I'm tired and exhausted, and am going to sleep forever tonight. Tomorrow my brother's team has a parents and siblings vs players game. My brother plays in a non-contact league, but I don't. It's my responsibility to teach him toughness and to keep his head up, you see.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #56
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Ilander, I just showed a picture of you holding the rooster of doom to a friend, he said you were weird.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #57
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

But would he say that if he was face to face with the rooster?
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:08 PM   #58
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... last I knew, the rooster of doom was under Ilander's roommate's control...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:29 PM   #59
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
Here are my reasons. Keep in mind that I don't have a visceral hatred for the Oilers (like I do the Canucks and Maple Leafs.)
Noted.
You guys have a really solid young team. I don't think that they can honestly expect to compete this year for the Cup, but they can do some damage in the post-season. That being said:
Well how many thought the Flames would compete last year?
Roloson is a band-aid. He's 36 or 37. The Oilers are really gonna hit their stride in 2-3 years, when Hemsky and Torres, amongst others, are going to start reaching their potential. So why trade a 1st rounder for a guy who, at best, will be very injury prone and on the downtrack of his career?
Because with Conkkasson, Edmonton's three stooges, we would have a very good chance of missing the playoffs completely.
If you paid a little more, and got Biron, or hell, even Aebischer, that would be different, and I think a better move. How about Conklin as well as the deal you gave Minnesota to Buffalo for Biron? He'll be around when the two Alberta teams will be dominating the NW.
Buffalo was trying to solve their 3 goalie situation, so I don't think that they would be wanting a bad goalie in return. Also, it was speculated that Buffalo wanted one of our budding stars like Stoll or Hemsky in return.
Samsonov is unnecessary. Hemsky will be better than him in less than a year. Schremp will be a big help next year too, not to mention guys like JF Jacques and Pouliot on the farm team. Samsonov is going to be one of, by my count, 3 or 4 big name UFA forwards next year (with Weight, Savard, someone else I'm forgetting,) so his price is going to be very high. I don't know what your cap space looks like, but he'll probably be making 5 or 6, and that's a lot when you consider what Pronger's making.
I don't think he'll be making 5 or 6 next year judging from his numbers this year. All depends on how he does down the stretch though. We needed another scorer to add a bit more depth as well.

I don't mind either of the moves, but for an 8th place team to have it's first pick in the 3rd round...seems very risky. In any case, in 2 or 3 years, when Vancouver and Colorado are rebuilding, the two Albertan teams are going to be duelling for NW dominance - and that will be one fun ride. [img]smile.gif[/img]
We get some 2nd round picks if we don't sign Niinimaki or Mikhonov this year. Agree about the Alberta teams though.
And no, we don't score goals. But goals are overrated. Vancouver scores a lot of goals - but who's leading the division. One of the things Sutter said was that he wasn't going to give up the future for a rent-a-player. Probably will sign a big-name UFA in the off-season.
Winning 1-0 games is risky because the team has to play very good defence for the rest of the night. The Flames are capable of that, but it would be nice for them to get some insurance in another scorer, especially since Iginla's having a pretty bad year.
I love this so much better than the lockout! And I apologize to those of you who have no idea what we're talking about. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2006, 06:41 PM   #60
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
And I apologize to those of you who have no idea what we're talking about. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Apology accepted - I have no clue what all that meant!

Stayed in due to coldness and lack of alcohol, regretting it now. Think I'm gonna have a bit of a spring cleaning with life.