Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 04:50 PM   #51
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
You bet! The reason I quote is to reference what I am responding to so that my message has more impact.

That, and to piss Yorick off (j/k!)

You mean this ticks Yorick off? Hmmmm

BK
Old 03-06-2001, 04:56 PM   #52
Hesperex

Some very good points have been made here , I reckon that the spam will die down within a week or two. I for one neither have the time nor the inclination to spam much anymore, I had my day yesterday I made Drow Warrior, I am slightly appeased now I have my red stars, I think I'll drop back into a nice regular posting reigime like on the old board. At the end of the day it's doesn't matter weather you have 100 or 1000 posts.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hesperex (edited 03-06-2001).]

Old 03-06-2001, 05:00 PM   #53
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Regarding the topic this one is about, I'm in a dilemma of whether to rank myself as the old user or not. I first signed up early october with the intention to start asking questions and posted one post every third day or so. Got voted "slowest heartbeat user" for that! LOL! Then in January I really started to get stuck in. Still I DO remember the old days when most of us were talking about the game so, in conclusion, I'm one of the old ones. Or am I......

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-06-2001, 05:08 PM   #54
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealthy:
Seriously, I know of at least one member who isn't coming back because of the exceessive spam.

Crap. Who.....forget.......Damn.....Well I'm not going to spam anymore that for sure......... I swear it started when the star came.....Perhaps,....No its us.....Stuiped Spam.

------------------

Co-president of the Club of Broken Hearts
Old 03-06-2001, 05:56 PM   #55
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I think I've tried to respond conversationally for the most part every time I've posted. Mayhaps some of it was spam. I don't really think so. I could go back to mostly lurking ... that is where I'm most comfortable.

But really, I think mountains are being made of molehills regarding the spam issue. It's all been done in fun. No one has been flamed or hurt. And it will die down. As I said in another post, spam on this new board is like the playful conversations you get into with people you don't know well at a party. It makes it easier for people to get to know one another, without revealing things that they only tell trusted friends.

If the board had been up for months and people were still spamming at ridiculous rates, then yes, we all should be scolded. I don't think it's gotten out of hand yet. And if there are select people who are getting out of hand, (the majority is not) then those specific people should be contacted via email. Let's not scold all of us for a few. Because you all know, each of you thought when you read this that maybe you were being referred to.

I've been enjoying this place so much more since we've moved here. And I am very glad to have each section separated out so those of us who like to converse this way have the opportunity to do that without interfering with legitimate gaming questions.

But that's my opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

------------------

Having abandoned my search for truth, I am now looking for a good Fantasy.
Old 03-06-2001, 06:17 PM   #56
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well Gabriel I am this member who wasnt checking this General Spamming forum
Now I´ve heard that its getting better lately, and ive decided that i will stick my head here from time to time, though i will post mainly in game forums (bg, bg2, iwd and soon HoW too).
Anyway, dont think i was mad about the spam or anything, is just that:

1.- The spam is TOO fast for me, and its almost impossible to read all the replies
2.- my english slows the reading process too
3.- well, i dont think its worth to spend some time downloading a page full of posts like "yes", "no", "lol", "" and nothing more
4.- i dont like spamming at all. when i want to spam, i use icq or msn
5.- much of the topics are just conversations between 2-3 people, and i dont feel like posting there

i hope nobody will get offended , its just the way i am

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-06-2001, 06:21 PM   #57
Epona
Zartan

Ertai,
Not offended in the slightest. I know I was one of the people being a little bit silly over here on the discussions board - I was saving my sensible stuff for the game queries

Sorry for my part in it when it all got a bit over the top.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-06-2001, 06:26 PM   #58
Hesperex

Not atall Eratai

------------------

Old 03-06-2001, 06:35 PM   #59
Stealthy

Welcome back Ertai, you were missed. I am glad we persuaded you to return as your hard work for the OHF and newbies is valued. Bilquis I agree that there should be room for all types, as you know I also join the spam sessions, but I try to be intresting. I wasn't including you in my criticism and those it was directed to I don't intend to offend, as many are often very funny. It's just that a minority started to post crap and I wanted us to get back to how it used to be. You are right it will soon die down, but I feared the cost in lost friends was not worth the wait. I hope I haven't lost any by my post, but it was meant to benefit us all. Some of you may think I am hypocritical and if you do I apologise. Speak freely and I will listen and not be offended. The great thing about this forum is that we can openly air our views without fear. Long may that be the case.

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!

[This message has been edited by Stealthy (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-06-2001, 06:45 PM   #60
Donut
Jack Burton

Donut lifts his head and raises his glass in acknowledgement to Memnoch, Yorick & Stealthy. He orders another drink and sits, and watches a while longer.

------------------
The Truth is in the Profile