Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 02:36 PM   #51
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb, having decided to take a small nap as he was unable to find any intruders, was awakened by the sound of powerful spellcasting. He recognized the pattern of those spells.... A dragon! And an extraordinarily powerful one at that, he stood up and left the small storeroom that he'd slept in. Opening the door only a crack the sorcerer looked outside, the dragon was standing with it's back towards the door as it wiped out another guardian of the tower that stood in it's way.

He studied it's humanoid form, what should he cast? Dragons were pretty resistant to magic, more so than almost any other creature. Besides that it also had it's own arsenal of quite impressive spells.... Wait a second.... It was using spells to clear the way.... Neb grinned evilly and mentally commanded his familiar to ensure that it kept as close to the dragon as possible while the creature advanced. The Phileet's chaos aura would have some quite interesting effects on the dragon's spells, or so he hoped, they were quite powerful and the raw power behind them might be enough to override the chaotic presence.... He pushed his doubts to the back of his mind, made himself invisible, and silently hid near the dragon as it advanced further into the tower. Constantly awaiting the arrival of his familiar and preparing to dive for cover as one of the dragon's spells went Chaotic.
Old 05-07-2002, 03:52 PM   #52
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

The dragon

As the dragon continues making his path of wanton destruction upwards and inwards, he smells something... strange, looking around he can't see anything, which is strange, this one must be very skilled to evade my vision, thinks the dragon, but no matter, eh doesn't smell of my hoard, and at the moment he's doing nothing but hiding, very well let the creature hide from me, it will not save him when I'm prepared to deal with him.

The dragon begins mounting the second set of stairsand sees, nearly too late, a flashing tentacle, catches the transformed wyrm across teh chest, and stops stunned that it's attack did nothing more effective than slapping a stone wall (the dragon's shape may be different but his weight is the same). slim harmless looking claws soon dug into the tentacle ripping it out of whatever being it attached itself to, noting the tentacle hardening around his claws as it pulled free. at ;ast a suitable challenge thought the wyrm, as it crept forward looking for the main body of the bonespawn.

Phileet

It heard his master calling him and it seemed urgent but the little guy was just too cozy on Larry's shoulder to go running through this big tower. with a sound halfway between a coo and a purr it rolled over and snuggled tightly against Larry's shoulder

OOC: hope I don't seem like I'm Ubering but Balagos is an ancient red wyrm, and there isn't a whole lot that could stand up to him in a fight, also his own arrogance comes through in his thoughts, he's not immortal, and can be killed, he just refuses to believe it. have fun stopping him guys
Old 05-07-2002, 11:01 PM   #53
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>I will let Neb play...My focus is in two other directions...and we're getting ready to see the shit hit the fan!
Old 05-08-2002, 06:00 AM   #54
Neb

Neb pondered what to do now that his familiar wasn't going to arrive. He probably couldn't beat the thing in physical combat, so his spells were his only chance, even though his foe was probably somewhat resistant to them. Unless....

Masked by his invisibility he snuck up on the dragon fighting the Bonespawn, with lightning speed he took a strip of cloth from one of his pocket, bound it around the dragon's head so that it covered it's eyes and then planted a kick in it's back that should send it stumbling towards the monstrous Spawn. It was a desperate plan, but with some luck the monster would weaken the dragon enough that he could dispatch it afterwards.

Not bothering to see if his plan worked he turned and ran, not wanting to face any retaliation from the dragon if it hadn't....
Old 05-08-2002, 10:47 AM   #55
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

The dragon

Surprised by the boldness of the manling the dragon stumbled forward, blinded by a cloth, and wrapped in tentacles by the bonespawn he was dragged forward towards it's gaping maw. The lack of sight probably saved his sanity as he was drawn closer to the gibbering tentacled horror, he blasted with his extended breath-weapon hearing a sound not unlike slimy wood burning(the skeletons), the smell however was dificult to endure even for one as powerful as he, and he began to expand in size as his control of the shapechanging magic began to slip, sprouting a tail and becoming more like his true form, merely drastically smaller.

The blindfold tore free and Balagos's renewed sight was rewarded with a creature of utter horror to mortals (not mighty wyrms however), he reacted as best he could, by hitting it with a spell of great power, a single syllable with the power to stun any being that heard it (a power word stun spell) the magical engery was released with his uttering and the bonespawn's grip slackened for a moment and the dragon prepared another spell, one that would turn the monster into a small rabbit.

Phileet

waking up sensing his masters desperation the phileet teleported to where his master had been and followed the clawmarks in the stone towards one of the big nasties Larry kept, he saw the bonespawn and the miniature dragon fighting and walked forward curiously, and watched as the mini-dragon became a rabbit

The dragon

As his spell finished the dragon felt well... strange, and furry, one never forgets the feeling of being furry, and the drago-bun didn't like it one bit, especially since he was now craving carrots instead of human flesh, but his spell had worked... as he looked at the large... well, larger bonespawn he twitched his nose, and realized something was horribly, horribly wrong.
Old 05-08-2002, 10:51 AM   #56
Neb

Neb had gotten pretty far away from the battle without getting fried so he thought that perhaps the dragon had been devoured or horribly wounded by the bonespawn. Turning around to see what had happened he was first puzzled as to where the dragon was, then spotted the rabbit, his familiar heading towards him and remembered that he'd heard the dragon casting a spell as he fled.

Then he laughed. Calmly he sat down on the stone floor out of the reach of the Bonespawn's tentacles and watched to see what would happen to the dragon now.
Old 05-08-2002, 03:37 PM   #57
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

striding toward neb and smelling none too fresh was rogovich....

'' good day friend like a hand been inside one o those before y'know' madman strode toward the dragon

'' CMON YOU BIG NONCE!!!!!!!!''
Old 05-08-2002, 06:50 PM   #58
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

In seeing the two generals together Dantes knew that this was his chance. He let the invisibility spell protecting him fail as he drew Crimson Death from its sheath. The blade glowed a dull red due to the nearness of the bonespawn that Larry had somehow revived. With the phileet there Dantes knew that a spell casting duel would not be prudent at the current moment. Dantes grasped his faithful katana in one hand and his wand of fire in the other as he advanced toward the two generals, a shadow moving across a dead landscape. When he was withing 20 feet of the generals he stopped. "You two who serve the modding one. If you renounce his name and pledge your faithfulness and service to Ziroc I will let you live," Dantes proclaimed. He knew it was a bold proclamation, but he was hoping the two generals would underestimate him, that would at least give him some advantage in this suicidal fight that he had just picked. His dragon was dead, his spells were nearly exhausted, he was wounded, but Dantes held his head high as he prepared to die, if needed, to ensure the fall of the modding mage. The course had already been decided, there was nothing he could do but play his part. Dantes smiled behind his cloak of shadows as he prepared to fight the generals.

OOC: sorry ive been neglecting this a lot but R/L is a pain sometimes. Hope this post fits in with the flow. if not i will delete it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2002, 10:48 PM   #59
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>I hope none of you mind, but I am going to move the soty along a bit to provoke action and enevitably,...the end.

Larry was watching the bretrayer taking his final breaths of life. Soon, the poison in his body would totally consume him, making him a mindless undead that woudl serve as an undead general, totally controlled by Larry's shadow magic. Then he felt the presence enter. HE knew that a force that was carrying a strong essence had just entered the building...from...the top? Oh..Larry remembered that the roof was penetrable, and the wind maker must have learned that as well. Running over a few contingencies in his mind, Larry prepared himself for his greatest hour and victory! The death of an outsider and tormentor to his realm.

Down in the dungeons, A cell door was thrust open. A tall, ash-toned form emerged from it and the air went stale and cold. It seemed to be tasting the air and was seemingly intent on getting into the cell that held the wolf, but then it smelled the two women inside the dungeon. Deiter stopped, and turned towards his newest targets. Lunging forward with jagged black nails protruding from gastly hands, Deiter sought blood. He needed blood to truelly transform into the thing that Master Larry had promised.

OOC>>>More on his condition when I see some involvement!
Old 05-09-2002, 06:15 AM   #60
Neb

As Dantes awaits his answer Neb stands up and pretends to ponder his decision while in fact he's deciding what spell to cast. "Hmmmm.... It's a tough choice that you give us... NOT! DIE!" The sorcerer cast a rock to mud spell on the ground that his foe was standing on hoping that he'd sink down enough to be easy prey before he realized what was going on.
Closed Thread