Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2003, 07:09 PM   #51
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
and so the trio have exceptional ability and can run 3 days non stop, that doesn't mean much in the game. there will be a point where in the game they'll keep on complaining about " fatigue ".
Heh, most likely they did in the book too - but their levels and combat ability were so high it didn't matter...

"Give me a row of orc-necks to cleave and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!"
- Gimli

Anyway, to hell with the 150 miles. That was just an example. Do't forget the other stuff! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2003, 02:15 PM   #52
Jaramira
Dungeon Master

I still think that Gimli is a barbarian/fighter! I mean, he has a particularly gruesome way of dispatching his enimies, he also seems to go into a beserker rage quite often, considering the amount of orc-heads that go bouncing along the floor when he's around.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:07 PM   #53
dragonslayer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaramira:
I still think that Gimli is a barbarian/fighter! I mean, he has a particularly gruesome way of dispatching his enimies, he also seems to go into a beserker rage quite often, considering the amount of orc-heads that go bouncing along the floor when he's around.
personally, i see the barbarians as some kind of human, like the barbarians in IWD or the Drizzt novels. but i also think you said it yourself, a berserker, a 2nd ed. berserker...well...that's my thoughts [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2003, 02:11 AM   #54
Eg0[)e@th
Dungeon Master

A 2nd Ed. Dwarven berserker would be a Battlerager. (See the Complete Book of Dwarves.)

"The Battlerager fills a particular niche in dwarf society and culture. he is a fearless warrior, able to create an insane rage within himself which increases his fighting ability and distorts his physical features.
While enraged, a Battlerager's face becomes twisted and his teeth grind together. Spittle flies from his mouth and dribbles down his beard. His eyes enlarge, bulge, and become bloodshot. Size increases (his height by an inch or more) as his muscles swell and his body expands."

Also,
"Battleragers are the most distinctive of warriors. With rings through their noses, ears, and sometimes lips, they will dye their hair and beards vivid colors. They often shave their faces and heads, sometimes leaving long tufts of hair which are stiffened with lime or thick grease. Tattoos on the face and body in the form of spirals and abstract designs are a source of intense pride for all Battleragers."

See any resemblance to Gimli yet?

You mention that he has a gruesome method of combat and that lots of heads roll when he fights. He has a friggin' battle axe! Not a weapon of finesse! Would you expect him to use it like a rapier?

Fer cryin' out loud in a tub, people.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:19 AM   #55
Eg0[)e@th
Dungeon Master

Tancred,
I can understand wanting to pay tribute to Aragorn's epic hero status, but I don't think making him Assimar is the right way. An Assimar is "the begotten offspring from the union of a mortal and a deity." That doesn't fit from any angle.
Old 02-04-2003, 07:33 PM   #56
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Eg0[)e@th:
Tancred,
I can understand wanting to pay tribute to Aragorn's epic hero status, but I don't think making him Assimar is the right way. An Assimar is "the begotten offspring from the union of a mortal and a deity." That doesn't fit from any angle.
Ah, to hell with the Forgotten Realms descriptions, in my book. The way I see it, you're not 'making' him an Aasimar - you're givng him abilities comparable to an Aasimar. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2003, 11:42 PM   #57
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Tancred,
Actually, that description is wrong, they are the children of a mortal and a good outsider (planetar, diva,...)

The child of a god and a mortal would be a demi-god.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:59 PM   #58
Eg0[)e@th
Dungeon Master

That description is straight from the Icewind Dale II instruction manual.

To give Aragorn characteristics befitting his heroic status I would use a character editor like Dale Keeper 2. All attributes and characteristics can be changed so that the game character better reflects the character from the novel.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:04 AM   #59
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
The manual is wrong.
Old 02-08-2003, 04:52 AM   #60
dragonslayer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
Quote:
The manual is wrong.[/QUOTE]lmao! [img]smile.gif[/img] nice comeback there luvian [img]smile.gif[/img]