Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2003, 06:38 PM   #51
Tiela
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
dont know of anywhere else to get a portrait
Try here and here.
Tiela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 07:04 PM   #52
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

My partner Mike, who does all of the website coding, has been tied up with combat exercises for Uncle Sam for the last few weeks. So he hasn't had any time to work on getting the site back up, and I don't have a spare copy of the website code.

The down time has not been in vain. I've been working on more NWN and IWD2 custom portraits. When the site is FINALLY back up, we will be adding the following:

~50-60 NEW NWN custom ports - including 15 LOTR portraits
~More IWD2 portraits - (at least 50 portraits including 15 LOTR portraits )

Sorry for the long delay. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:13 PM   #53
Dmouse
Dungeon Master

War is that close huh. Thats gotta be a bad thing.
Dmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 04:44 PM   #54
Micah Foehammer

Don't read TOO much into Mike's unit conducting combat exercises, Dmouse. [img]smile.gif[/img] The US military frequently conducts training and combat exercises. It just happened to be Mike's unit's turn. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 02-18-2003, 05:19 AM   #55
Khazraj
Dungeon Master

Any news on the site update? It would be cool to revist your excellent site.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:59 AM   #56
Micah Foehammer

Yes. [img]smile.gif[/img]

We've finally found a new home for the site! [img]smile.gif[/img] Mike and I are in the process of getting the site back up and adding a LOT of new edits. There will be over 160 NWN ports when the site is back up, of which almost half will be new! There will also be a LARGE update to the IWD2 section, maybe as many as 100 new ports.

There will also be a few suprises if all goes according to plan. [img]smile.gif[/img]

We are going to change the site layout a bit to make it easier to navigate - we will be subdividing the IWD2 port section by gender AND race so you can find what you are looking for a little easier. We MIGHT also subdivide by class as well but that is NOT a given yet. We're still discussing whether to do the same with the NWN section - it's smaller and doesn't need as much help. [img]smile.gif[/img]

We are also initiating a "leak protector" on the site - that will prevent people from linking to our thumbnail portraits for use as avatars in forums etc. Sorry for the inconvenience this causes to anyone, but it was necessary to keep the site up and running with minimal drain on our bandwidth. This will NOT affect your ability to download the zip files.

We're working on getting the site back up now. I don't know exactly when it will be back on line, but hopefully it will be soon. Mike and I are finishing some portrait edits right now and doing the basic site layout.

If you have ANY suggestions, NOW is the time to let us know. [img]smile.gif[/img] Please feel free to email or PM me with any ideas, suggestions or comments about the previous ports. In fact, we want to hear from you guys about what you liked or didn't like.

Bear with us, we have a LOT to add to the site. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2003, 02:39 AM   #57
Khazraj
Dungeon Master

Perhaps you already thought of this. In the races if they were to be divided as the subraces exist in IWD2 that would make specifically finding a "male drow" easier than looking under "male elf", for example.

Getting very excited. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:33 AM   #58
Micah Foehammer

Khazraj,

Thanks for the input. [img]smile.gif[/img] We haven't finalized exactly what we are going to do with the sort yet. We have enough Drow portraits that making them a separate race (at least for IWD2) is definitely an option. GOOD pictures are very scarce for some of the races, such as gnomes, deep gnomes and halflings, and females for those races are even rarer. We will probably end up sorting those into one catch-all group (if we go that route) of "stunties" or something like that. lol [img]smile.gif[/img]

We may also separate all of the "dark" races (duergar, drow etc) into an "Underdark" section.

Mike sent me a TON of new artwork last weekend. So much in fact, that I was able to create over 30 new NWN ports (split 50/50 male and female). Mike is doing some edits on some of the ports and I am just waiting for those before I finalize the NWN portraits.

Will keep you posted. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2003, 11:51 AM   #59
Jaramira
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
The WyndzofWar site is up and running again under new management. [img]smile.gif[/img] Mike (wyndz) and I are feverishly adding new portraits as we speak. [img]smile.gif[/img] In addition we have zipped the large and small portraits into one file to make downloading easier and to reduce the demand on bandlimits. The pictures are shown in smaller versions on the site, but the downloadable zip files contain the proper sized images. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Check it out:

http://www.wyndzofwar.com/Home.html
I tried it, but it just came up with "site has been disabled" or something like that.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:01 PM   #60
Micah Foehammer

Jaramira ...

The site is being MOVED to a new location. The wyndzofwar link is old, and it will NOT be the link to the new site. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The move is NOT complete, and won't be for a little while still.

PLEASE be patient. Mike and I DO have REAL lives besides the site. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I will edit this threa so the old link is removed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-26-2003, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]