Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2001, 09:18 AM   #51
Sir_Tainly

Don't worry I have a stunt double for thinking

Thanks, I thought the name would provide a little subtle humour.

I usede to plan my life a lot, found I never ended up where I wanted to I started to "play it by ear", a sort of seat-of-your-pants existance. I still haven't got what I wanted, but then I haven't wasted the time planning!

------------------

'Cloudbringer for Spamturny General' - BK
-Powered by Tainly Corp

Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 03-21-2001, 09:23 AM   #52
Charean
Hathor

Well, I had a goal of who I wanted to be, more than anything else... and I have gotten to that point... now to make a new one - with more depth and practice, practice, practice!

I am a psychic, but am working on the discipline to do the kind of work I want to do - something called Scientific Remote Viewing...

Let me know if I have overreached your limit of wanting to know....
I do not take offense. Many look at me with crossed eyes!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Old 03-21-2001, 09:24 AM   #53
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
You may not know Now... but you will. Keep in mind that it has taken all your experiences and growth to get you to this point... the choice is really yours, where you want to be, and Who you want to be. If you don't plan, it happens, but much more slowly.

I think that in life there are so many variables and so much chaos, that the Confucious saying of, "The only certainty in life is that nothing is certain" applies in so many cases. Agreed we shape and choose our course which affects our outcome to a degree, but there are also many unplanned disasters which have nothing to do with our choices - random disasters that could happen anywhere regardless of who or where you are, or that were genetically implanted from birth.

At this point all we can choose and all we have control over is our reaction. (If we can)

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-21-2001, 09:30 AM   #54
Charean
Hathor

Alas, Yorick... we could go deeper on the subject, still -

What if I were to tell you that everything in your life happens because you want it to? I sense your skeptisism - let me give you an example. Let us say you were an executive of a large company. You work many hours and the stress builds. In your conscious mind, there is no acceptable reason to take time off to recharge and relax, so you have a heart attack. You go in the hospital. Now you relax because you have to. But on a deep level, you asked for that heart attack so you Could relax, and have a perfectly acceptable excuse for doing so.

I know there will be many who disagree, and that is okay... at least you have a better understanding of how you think on this issue.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Old 03-21-2001, 09:30 AM   #55
Sir_Tainly

I've heard of Remote Viewing, wasn't it supposed to be used by the CIA to spy. (it's WYSIWIS isn't it - What you see is what I see)

I've got a healthy dose of scepticism, but if it works it would be cool...so many ways to abuse your powers...

------------------

-Powered by Tainly Corp

Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 03-21-2001, 09:42 AM   #56
Charean
Hathor

Yes, it is used by the CIA, but also by a independent group for other things. Some of them get into history - to see it first hand - some see things about the aliens and what the Government covers up - and there are a wide variety of other interests as well.

I am curious about a lot of things. It is a way of seeing that is verifiable (hence the Scientific in the title) that does not intrude on what is happening. A way of time travel that doesn't impact the event. Nifty stuff.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Old 03-21-2001, 09:51 AM   #57
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Charean,
No need to sense my sceptiscism... I was meaning to communicate it

Re. your last post:
Sure, but take the person born with a deformity, leprosy or some other heireditary disease. It is something they are genetically 'given', not something that they've earned.

The danger in that thinking Charean is that, taken to it's logical conclusion it negates charity, negates the need to rectify injustice, poverty, illness, homelessness etc. If everyone creates their environment they have 'deserved it'. You see this in the Hindu caste mentality (which is thankfully changing) where this extends to even things we are born with. Things we are born with are 'carried over' consequences of a past life. Needless to say the caste system the Aryans imposed was very much like an ancient Aparthied that preserved their race at the top, and left no room for the conquered 'untouchables' to change their situation.

I have encountered that school of thought on many occasion, so forgive me if I'm coming down a little strong.

I believe BALANCE is the key. Acknowledging the things you can't change, discovering the things you can and learning the difference - to paraphrase the old saying.

Not all chaos is bad I believe. The "happy accident" is a beautiful thing. Sometimes it's nice to let go and enjoy the ride without seeking to control the uncontrolable.

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-21-2001, 09:55 AM   #58
Charean
Hathor

Okay, the caste system is something I have never been comfortable with, either.

But burning off Karma from other lifetimes is not necessarily bad. There are people who have physical challenges, but rise above that. In my mind, they rise above their Karma as well. Every challenge is an opportunity for growth, for without growth, there is no point to this existence.

It is the people who bemoan their existence that become trapped within it.

Your volley!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Old 03-21-2001, 09:59 AM   #59
Sir_Tainly

I was waiting for karma to crop up, I'm just reading Shogun by James Clavell, and there are some interesting bits about how the Englishman stranded in Japan, comes to understand the Japanese, and their belief in karma.

------------------