Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2002, 04:47 PM   #51
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Well, I've no problem with homosexuals, it's their choice entirely, if they want to be wed, no problem there either.

What I've got a problem with is when they want to have children, in my opinion they'll end up with a kinda strange view of the world since they'll have two mothers or two fathers, of course, so many who have had both a mother and a father end up like this as well, but that's just my point of view, feel free to ignore or flame it as you please.

Actually there have been studies done and there is no evidence to suggest that children with two same-sex parents are any less well adjusted than children with different-sex parents, or indeed single parents. There certainly isn't any more instance of children of same-sex parents being homosexual themselves, and like in a single parent household, there are other role models of the opposite sex that they can call on, relatives, parents' friends etc.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:49 PM   #52
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

Actually there have been studies done and there is no evidence to suggest that children with two same-sex parents are any less well adjusted than children with different-sex parents, or indeed single parents. There certainly isn't any more instance of children of same-sex parents being homosexual themselves, and like in a single parent household, there are other role models of the opposite sex that they can call on, relatives, parents' friends etc.

Really? I've heard differently. Do you have any sources? That would be some interesting info.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 01-09-2002, 04:51 PM   #53
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

Really? I've heard differently. Do you have any sources? That would be some interesting info.

I did... I don't know if I do anymore... I can look [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2002, 05:29 AM   #54
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

OKI, will try to add alittle to this debeta. Since the question was stated with a biblicle notion, thats why we debate it, though alot of countries have freedom of speech and freedom of belief, as long as it doesnīt hurt anyone. This should IMHO be taken into consideration as well. We are not all religious, and not to the same course sometimes. Some forms of Budhism isnīt against homosexuality.. Neither does Shintoism. Some cultural forms of it does however, but not to the letter..

Another thing, this biological ones.. Is it natural to drive a car that will spread cancer and killing of genes? Is it natural to live so much indoors that we do making faunas of germs and bacterias grow in a not so good rate? Just sayng that everything is not bilogical in our lives, but we manage anyway.

We have theology, science and on the third hand, emotions and philosohphy. We tand always to use the ideas, theology or philosohphy that correspond to our own situation the most, (psychology ((damn, this can be deep ..)) and thus we will view things very different.
This doesnīt mean we follow them in everyday life, cause they sometimes make a hindrance even towards ourselves.

Personally, I think that if we are to spread our genes as a soul purpose to define life, I am not worthy to live, cause I havenīt split a gene of mine, yet that doesnīt bother me. If I donīt find a mate and get kids I will be waste product? And If I adopt a kid I will be a second degree person?
My answer, not likely in my view of the world, and that is the most important for me, I can still contribute to the world and if I want itīs up for grabs if I want to, and who could justly tell me Iīm wrong? We donīt know everything and we canīt decide everything sometimes things happen anyway. Yes, we are egocentric, and we are differently developed than animals, some say higher, some say different, different choice of words, same meaning?

If we reason from scicnce we could pretty soon end up in what became the Nazi propaganda, if we only discuss biological, we would soon be mesmerized in state where we have to say, we donīt know everything yet, if we take it from philosohpy, we would think to much and not live. Thats why live and let live is the practical form for the actual living of all theories and ideas. We make due as we can, and does it really hurt you that people are different than you?

I think not, itīs all in your own mind.

Oki, to finish this dravel I have been writing, I will finish with something Memnoche use to tell us. Even though I donīt agree with you, I will defend your right to the death.. More or less, probably got the words wrong. But this is one way to put it, and itīs also practically used here, even though many of you might fin it against your own ideas, you can live with it.. So does it hurt you?? And also, I may not agree with you, but I respect your points of view!

And last (I promise I will stop writing after this hehe!) Life as it is defacto, is full of changes, pain, suffering and small pieces of joy. Do you want to hurt people or do you want to help people? How does your MIND react, and your heart when you are in love? What if anyone told you that since your gf/bf genes are bad, she/he is nearsighted, you go against nature since only the strongest in every animal group mate! Would you be pissed?? Would you find arguments that modern society doesnīt have to make people with perfect sight?
We bend the "truth" since no one can tell me the "truth" I have to find my own and live with it, I can however change "upgrade" it with experiences. Geesh I canīt shut up today, so much to take into consideration when you start.. Well I will SHUT up now and say this, donīt judge a man until you have walked a couple of miles in his shoes.

Donīt eat the yellow snow
Old 01-10-2002, 05:53 AM   #55
Vampire

It's good to see we can discuss this without flamming [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
So it would seem that we are all MUCH more mature since months ago.

[img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2002, 06:13 AM   #56
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

" has society gone far enough to recognising homosexuality? "

Recognising it? In what way? If what you meant to ask was "has society gone far enough to accepting homosexuality?" then my personal view is live and let live, I am sure this is also the view of the majority of society. However it is the few extremists (religous, racist, leftist, rightist etc...) that are the ones that make themselves heard, and because these types of people are the ones that get on the news and recieve all the publicity, their views seem to be the ones that count. Until scientists find a way to stop people having their own opinions there will unfortunately always be racism, gay bashings, religous wars and people being able to justify to themselves that flying planes into buildings is ok.
All that one person is able to do is to make sure that they never intentionally hurt anyone - physically or otherwise, and enjoy life.

I hope this hasn't gone too far off topic and that I havn't dribbled on too much (it is midnight over here, hehe)

Peace to all and have a great day
Old 01-10-2002, 06:36 AM   #57
Istaron
Banned User

quote:
Originally posted by Axil:

I've never seen a monkey build scyscrapes or atomic bombs have you?

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Axil ]

You have no good memory, have you? I commented on you saying we are superior to animals emotionally.
Old 01-10-2002, 07:38 AM   #58
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

I would love to jump into this discussion but I am inherently homophobic so I can't add anything positive. Therefore, I will follow my mother's advice and not say anything at all. How can I type so much and say nothing at all? It's a gift. hehe
Old 01-10-2002, 08:50 AM   #59
Vampire

quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
" has society gone far enough to recognising homosexuality? "

Recognising it? In what way? If what you meant to ask was "has society gone far enough to accepting homosexuality?"

Accepting is a better word. thank you.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:29 PM   #60
MagiK

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

...as is homosexuality. Perhaps in a kinder, gentler sense. It has been documented by sociological researchers, anthropologists, and writers (Margaret Mead for one, Thomas Wolfe for another) that whenever population surges beyond what is normal for a specific area, there is a rise in the number of instances of homosexuality. Perhaps it's Nature herself trying to balance out an imbalance...who knows?

I don't think we need to be so quick to condemn, in any case.

Cheers,
-Sazerac

Oh I don't condemn homosexuals at all, I work with a few, have been friends with some and in general my philosophy is live and let live, I only get irritated when the subject comes around to special laws and protections, as a libertarian type person I feel we have quite enough..actually way too many laws as it stands, and that we should be getting rid of most of them...I mean for example, Make it against the law to commit murder....there..one law....instead of the several hundred we now have, make it against the law to discriminate one law...not one for each individual type of discrimination

I cannot conceive of treating a person differently because of their life styles...what counts most for me is how the person treats me...treat me with disrespect and thats what you gain in return, respect my beliefs and space and Ill do my darndest to respect yours.