Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2001, 11:00 PM   #51
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"There's not a moment to lose, then!" ~ Saying, she grasps Larry's hand and begins on one of her famous sprints, towing him to the forest she had earlier entered. With both of them wearing the boots of speed, they reach the forest within twenty minutes.

As they comb the area, they discover the varieties of wild plants growing in the forest. Finally, they reach the bottom of a gentle slope. Together, they climb the slope and she begins pulling aside wild grasses. She gives a cry of surprise as she uncovers the entrance to a cave.

(ooc: Let me give you the description of what goes on in the cave; it's full of obstacles and traps. I'll your character react first, then play Mistral. OK? It's your turn now.)

Old 10-26-2001, 11:11 PM   #52
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Seeing the entrance to the cave, Larry turns his attentions to the glowing sword at his side. She had begun to glow slightly brighter, and become cooler to the touch. This signafied that there was definately magic at work in that hole. Licking his lips in anticipation, Larry responded,

"Oh, how a love a good adventure"!
How do you feel about our next few steps?
Shouldn't you take this poison control ring to your inventory now"?
Old 10-26-2001, 11:19 PM   #53
mistral4543

She puts on the ring smilingly, and they enter the cave... all is silent. Too silent. Mistral motions for Larry to stand back as she takes a few steps forward...

As she walks down the corridor, lightning bolts and acid arrows fly towards her. The air suddenly bursts with a myriad of colours and fumes as deadly spells assault her. She walks on confidently in the knowledge that her cloak of mirroring is reflecting all the magical attacks. Finally, there is a loud explosion and all the spells surrounding the area cease. She turns to Larry, gesturing for him to step forward.

~ "There are two paths now, Larry; one to the left, and one to the right. Which one shall we take?" ~
Old 10-26-2001, 11:23 PM   #54
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry, shaken up from the awsome scene of watching magic death rain down upon his love and be turned away was still working at his nerves. At length, he said...

"I prefer the left tunnel, as everyone always chooses the right...right?"

Edit...do you want me to write more depth, or do you prefer to guide the story securely alone, an I just react to what is presented??? I am fine, either way, but do not want to throw us in the wrong direction of your plans...

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-26-2001).]
Old 10-26-2001, 11:28 PM   #55
mistral4543

As they walk down the path, they stumble on a rotting corpse. Her eyes narrow as she detects a shining object hanging loosely from its pocket, and she scoops up the item. ~ "It's some sort of an amulet... I think we'd better not wear it, in case something happens." ~

Suddenly, the air begins to ring ominously and they perceive a swinging scythe in front of their path. Beyond it, Mistral detects a pool of water glowing. ~"I think there's something beyond this darn trap." ~ Her sharp eyes detect something else. ~ "There's a lever beyond this scythe. If we can cross it and pull it, I think this will stop its deadly rhythm." ~

Old 10-26-2001, 11:33 PM   #56
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Then allow me...if it pleases milady...

Larry draws Nightblade out, and begins to creep foward...,

EDIT...I shoud ask, what exactly do I see, DM???

Old 10-26-2001, 11:33 PM   #57
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

Edit...do you want me to write more depth, or do you prefer to guide the story securely alone, an I just react to what is presented??? I am fine, either way, but do not want to throw us in the wrong direction of your plans...

OOC: This is just fine I don't want you to get into trouble staying up too late anyway
Old 10-26-2001, 11:46 PM   #58
mistral4543

ooc: You see a swinging scythe, and Mistral has mentioned something glowing and a lever to stop the scythe. But first, you have to cross over to pull the lever. How are you going to do it?
Old 10-26-2001, 11:54 PM   #59
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry walked over to the edge of safety, and looked with determination at his goal. Wishing he could have Nightblade just float over there, and pop the lever would be nice, but she only responds to battle...not errands...so he picked up a rock on the ground and tossed it onto the left side of the cave, close to the swinging thingy...
then, he took another rock, and sent it just a little further ahead, on the other side of the trap. Sending one more rock over to the other side, Larry knew he at least had a safe path, as the rocks marked spots that were proven non-trappy.
Sheathing Nightblade, he got right up on the rock that was laid first, counted the moments in between swings for movement, then, as the scythe arched passed, Larry hasted across to the next rock in the safe zone. Then he skipped to the next. Drawing his blade out, and checking for magic, he grasped the handle of the lever, looked at Mistral, blew a kiss, then pulled the lever...
Old 10-27-2001, 12:03 AM   #60
mistral4543

She rushes over to him and shyly plants a kiss on his right cheek, before dashing to the pool. She hesitates for only a moment before plunging her hand in... and draws out a bauble. ~ As she walks back towards him, she notices a crevice in the walls and reaches in to extract a rusty key. ~ "Shall we go back on our tracks? ~

They make their way back but discover a dead end. Mistral frowns and walks a little further down their original northbound path. She gives a little scream as her feet brush against some gravel, which plunges to the depth of a ravine.

Staggering back, she points the huge divide to Larry. ~"We've to cross this ravine to the other side... there is a protuding piece of rock on both sides." ~ Draws out her rope to Larry ~ "Are you good with knots, Larry? I think we've to somehow swing our way over..." ~