Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2001, 01:34 PM   #51
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Now, don't get me wrong...Memnoch was here for months before being born into the new order.
When I referred to him being born...I meant that he became a Jedi-knight at that time.
He received his wings.
He said yes to Godhood, etc...

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Old 08-24-2001, 01:45 PM   #52
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Well, Lord o the Hamlet, the old blue days were filled with mageduels, srcreaming and running pitfiends all over the place..

OHF battled archliches and paladins alike... Great hunts and freesbee plays took over most of the discussions once people were pretty sure an answe had been made!

hehe! Funny days.. i miss it sometime *sniff* ARGHHH!!!

Now you got this wolf to feel sentimental!!!!
And I remember the good old days when a certain new member named Cloudbringer could count on a warm and fuzzy wolfie to keep her toes toasty while growling at certain fallen Paladins... ahhhh, the good old days!

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 08-24-2001, 02:00 PM   #53
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Ahhh...the memories. I admit, I've been away for a while, but I really like the atmosphere of the new board. Back then, you could really offend people, completely unintentionally, just because of some of the role playing that was going on at the time. While, in some ways, the role playing was fun, in many ways, there were hard feelings, and sometimes, harsher words as well. Anyway, the old times were fun, but they were different from the new board. Both good, in their own way...
...Though, I loved the Jerome, the Paladin/Jerome the Fallen Paladin Saga!!!

KDog! *HUGS* Welcome back! It's good to see you posting again!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 08-24-2001, 03:03 PM   #54
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

KDog! *HUGS* Welcome back! It's good to see you posting again!

Cloudy
Woo HOO!!! It feels good to be back, I must say!!! *hugs and kisses to the fairest of weather prestidigitators*

------------------
Guitars, women, beer...what more can a man ask for?
I AM the bard eternal
Old 08-24-2001, 05:29 PM   #55
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Mario you seen to forget a couple
Armiseal vs BB Armiseal vs OL
Jerome vs Tipsy
Jerome vs Wah
Jerome vs Asphyxiate
Jerome vs Armiseal
Jerome vs BaatoRyan (er no wait that was me again )
Jerome vs the rest of the wold

*sigh*

Those were the days....
And for the reccord, everyone was against me.. not the other way around

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 05:40 PM   #56
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:

...And for the reccord, everyone was against me.. not the other way around

That is right!
I wanted you murdered!
I changed my alignment on the board just so I could team up with Tipsy and sink an arrow into your rump!

*sigh*

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)
Old 08-24-2001, 05:44 PM   #57
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Am I mistaken in presuming that you were once waverd by the suggestion that you could be allowed to join my dark ranks, dear Larry?

The dark path is still open to you...should you ever consider *cough*... betraying...*cough*... your current master...

Besides; everyone wanted me dead, when i was in hard-arsed, righteous paladin mode. And to think i origainlly just joined to cause trouble

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 06:31 PM   #58
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:

The dark path is still open to you...should you ever consider *cough*... betraying...*cough*... your current master...

I dunne like this part

BTW Larry
You turned around you alligment to be against him
I just made him change his

------------------

The Rocks show the way

Old 08-24-2001, 07:25 PM   #59
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well if you take a look at the older posts in Bg1 forum (from a year ago or so), youŽll find a lot of "roughness" in our posts, but that was because we were like 10 regular posters, no more, and we knew each other and we kept kidding, and we didnt need to state that we were kidding.
I remember that i had limited connection by that time and i connected only twice or 3 times every week, and i was always looking forward to those days to read the posts and laugh and reply. I soon felt the need for unlimited connection .
That time was the first time i wrote down things of my life in the forum (personal things), coz i felt like telling them, i trusted that people a lot. Two of those old posters (Azreall and Rikard) are still 2 of my best internet friends.

Ziroc: yeah, Moggl was a good guy, and he knew A LOT about BG1 (many things that i know i learned from him, and ive never been able to thank him neither. if you find his mail, lemme know please )

Azure: 26 posts was indeed long, there werenŽt pages on that board, and believe me, having to load a thread with +25 replies was a pain.

Good olŽ times... *sigh*

------------------
"I miss the Angel... and I mean that I REALLY miss her" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel

[This message has been edited by Ertai_OHF (edited 08-24-2001).]
Old 08-24-2001, 07:27 PM   #60
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well my memories are only good ones myself re the Blue Board. I came on November 28, 2000 to be exact. I only saw a friendly fun atmosphere, all that Bagger or Bugger or whatever stuff I must have missed or maybe it was before my time, dunno.

Such fond memories I have. I remember when I arrived mainly all the threads were BGII questions, with small off-topic conversations within. I remember reading I guess the Evil Smiting. I'll never forget the memory of one night just sitting and watching TV (TV and monitor side-by-side) and just leaning forward casually to refresh the page, and I saw a thread started by Wah, with his lumbering lich LOL, saying "A Challenge My Friend". Was so entertaining to read, I kept up with it all believe it or not.

Then, we all started actually talking and asking eachother where we lived, what we looked like, what music we liked, what books we read, Beer or Sex LOL, etc. Then many of us started just having fun and roleplaying as well, and the poems, stories and chain stories. I gave away books to some of my friends, and Moiraine sent out many many CD's of Yorick's music to us all. I remember on New Years Eve, many of us were on the forum, all from different locations on this planet, different timezones, each posting when the year 2001 hit their time, most of us were drunk LOL. Was so much fun We just were all getting to be friends. That is ALL I remember of the Blue Board back then (December and January 2001). I remember no flamers of any kind, so am a bit perplexed. Again, guess I must have missed something!

------------------