Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 04:48 AM   #51
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC:
what I am looking for in your past: the event that made you who you are. the things that built your character, the things that drive you away from your home, the things that make you go on certain quest, the things that change your personaility, the things that nurden you, bright your day...

more of a spiritual growth kind
and yes, Legalos, it is going to be interesting
I only wish someone can play my dwarf (Hiram Sedai, that'd be you! )

actually, one second thought, so far, only private thread for TheDutkanator, his character plays a special role (so does everyone of yours! )

let me see, I need an extra thread here once I get Liliara and Prime2u's info, Talthyr Malkaviel's too. and Legalos, you email me yours anyway

as much personality as possible, the more the better... though I'd spend tons of time to read, lol

email me at:
pleozhou@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-25-2001).]
Old 10-25-2001, 05:13 AM   #52
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Deux looked at the strange man suspiciously, then shook his head "nope, would you happen to mean the druid by any chance? I heard the name, but that is it, only name." As if realizing something, Deux coughed "ohh, ackk, I also heard some rather interesting stories about him too... heh" Deux deliberately paused.

The little bar seemed to be filled with patrons as more adventurers came in. Laughters shrouded the room, men boasting, trading tales, playing drinking games. Vangard was apparently enjoying himself, as he raised his mug to each newcomer, and drink heartedly. Res, took an interest look at the human dressed in robe, who was sitting alone, then he walked over to the human when the dwarf wasn't looking.

Res bowed politely to the human, then sat down next to him, and asked with a curious face "Are you, by any chance, a magician?"

The human soldier, feeling the love of the crowd and was hit by his ale, mastered enough coruage. He stood up, and walked sternly to the beautiful lady who sat in the center of the room. The soldier pauses, and implied with a courteous tone:" Evening, madam. Would you care a companion?" The light perfume on the soldier is pleasent. His plate armor shine red sparkles by the chimfire. He was indeed an imposing sight to look upon.

Seen she is not required, Julia sneaked upstairs to find the room where resided the elven warrior. She looked about nervously, then nodded on the door.

OOC: time for everyone to throw in their tales!! play along the scene, of course
Old 10-25-2001, 05:58 AM   #53
Legolas the Elven Archer

Legolas awoke to the creaking noise of his door. He quickly put on his shirt, but Julia caught a glimpse of his magical amulet nonetheless.

'Can I come in?' she asked. 'I'd like to talk to you a while.'

Legolas was a bit surprised, but his elven face remained smooth.

'Sure. Grab a seat.'

Legolas took a corner of the bed himself, and Julia chose the chair closest to him...

OOC: NO, WHAT HAPPENED IN THAT ROOM IS NONE OF YOUR BUISNESS. NOTHING INTERESTING HAPPEND, OKAY? JUST A LITTLE CHAT ABOUT OLD TIMES

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-25-2001, 06:26 AM   #54
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: com'on! just satisfy the curiosity of a young barmaid!!

Julia blushed, then she said shyly: "I've heard a bit what you said to Master Vangard back then. I am always interested in your people, yes, elf, the most magical race of the land!" For a second, she was lost in her own imagination, then as if bitten by the harsh reality, she replied with a quiet tone: "sigh, I've never any chance to go on an adventurer, nor seen a real elf warrior like yourself, who'd faced a dragon! I mean, a dragon... "

You both sat silently for a while, then Julia continued:
"The night is still long, can you tell me some of your stories? please?"

She looked at you pledingly.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:50 AM   #55
Legolas the Elven Archer

OOC: So, you like my tales then, don't you CCL?

Legolas considered this for a while, going by his list of adventures in his mind. Here was a woman who'd served hundreds of adventurers and probably heard thousands of exaggerated tales. Yet she was a woman nonetheless.
Legolas didn't like to boast. Any tale he would tell would be nothing but plane facts. He didn't dare to tell her a tale in which he had set out with a party and returned alone.He didn't dare to tell her about massacres of any kind. But she seemed to want a tale in which something happened.
Finally, a suitable tale came to mind:
"When Mr Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday..."

OOC: Just kidding

'Several years ago, I was staying in the town of Beregost, just south of Baldur's Gate. I was on my way to Amn, when tales reached my ears of a horrible murder just outside the town. A farmer and his two sons were killed by an unknown person. I decided to check it out, and I quickly found my way to their farmhouse. The neighbours weren't at home, so they hadn't seen a thing, but a friend of mine, Goshwa, is a ranger in those areas. He said he'd seen a Drow woman flee just after the outhouse went up in flames.
Now Goshwa couldn't pursue her, because he had to put out the fire first. By that time, she'd probably left the Beregost area anyway, and Goshwa couldn't abandon it.
So, I decided to go after her, as she seemed to be going south too. When I was in Amn I quickly found out about a major Drow attack on Hadrinn. When I got there, I was once again too late, but the Drow had uncharacteristically left a survivor. This woman claimed the Drow were holding up in the nearby forest.
Now I didn't survive as long as I did by being foolish, so I decided to send Sniffy, that's the little dragon under your chair,'

Julia looked down, straight into the creature's eyes, and upon seeing it's serpentile head she gave a little shriek. Insulted, Sniffy moved over to the fire.

'Please,' she said. 'Go on'

Legolas gave Sniffy a pat on the head as he walked by, which lightened it's mood a bit.

'Very well. Like I said, I sent Sniffy out to get some help from the local tavern. A couple of hours later Sniffy returned with two men who were obviously new to the adventuring trade, and a female sorceror who looked much more capable. She used her magic to divine the location of the Drow, which turned out to be a glade in the center of the woods. There were only six of them, led by a female who matched Goshwa's description. The four of us made short work out of that.
We didn't get coin for that, but ridding the world from those miscreants was certainly worth it. Now the lads, they returned to the tavern to boast about their vicory, and they had the stench to prove it. The lady and I continued to travel together for a while, until we split up just outside Athkathla'

Legolas didn't want to tell Julia that she was killed there by a group of bandits, so he just let it rest.

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 01:03 PM   #56
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

bump, and Azurewolf, i'll send it soon, I just need some inspiration on some points.

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-25-2001, 02:20 PM   #57
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
originally posted by 250
Res bowed politely to the human, then sat down next to him, and asked with a curious face "Are you, by any chance, a magician?"
Res started to jump up and down at Talthyr's table.
Vangard was having trouble keeping his mouth shut as his companion's turned red and started to sweat.

Res finally calmed down again and tried, for the third time, to talk to Talthyr.
Speaking very slowly, one word at a time, he said "Might I lend your ear for a while, my good man? My friend and I are seeking to employ a magician. Would you like to join us at our table to talk about buisness?"

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 02:37 PM   #58
Talthyr Malkaviel

ooc: sorry everyone, he isn't deaf, had to do something

ic: The robed Sorcerer looked up slowly and grimly, then his visage quickly changed to an wolfish grin *if there's adventure to be had, count me in* he slowly drew himself up *now let's go over to your friends table and discuss money*

------------------

Long live HADB!!!

Old 10-25-2001, 02:46 PM   #59
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: HAHAHAHAHA!!! Jesus...
sigh, we have only one mage, so I will let you live for now... j/k

anyway, the dwarf is too drunk to get on business, just a friendly reminder.

By the way, no one said Res is going to employ the mage YET. so please read the scene carefully

Res shook his head and looked at the wildly drinking dwarf "nahh, didn't you see how much fun he is having? I'd rather not disturbing him now." Then Res turned and looked at the human

"Whats your name? who are you? mind telling me a little more about yourself?"
Old 10-25-2001, 02:54 PM   #60
Talthyr Malkaviel

I am Talthyr, sorcerer by trade and I might be a bit more relaxed as soon as I know a bit more about you. I think my name is enough for you to know except that I am a sorcerer of no little abilities, and that I am willing to adventure.
Now, do you havre anything in the way of drinks??

------------------

Long live HADB!!!