Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2001, 12:44 PM   #51
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Is it ironic that an anagram for "yank bashing" is

Bash any King

love anagrams

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?
Old 06-07-2001, 12:47 PM   #52
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

Somoa,

sAmoa thank you very much. You cant forget dish ackshent already eh?

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-07-2001, 12:50 PM   #53
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
sAmoa thank you very much. You cant forget dish ackshent already eh?

Gracias, compa.

------------------

Larry,
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Devoted member of the Ironworks
Only member of the Elite Bodyguard to Rikard (the fool that takes the bullet)
Ertai's back-up
Memnoch's chief look-out
Member of the Ancients club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Old 06-07-2001, 12:54 PM   #54
Absynthe

As for losing California...... It's a great place for Californians, but please, please, please, oh please put the Californians back there. If you take all the Californians out of Washington, we could have our roads back, and people would be nice again, and property values would be reasonable, and... sigh, I'm dreaming again.
Oh, and just to stir it up, the Mariners just swept Texas again! hehe.
Also, just so I don't go totally off-topic, the worst thing about America is that most of the world has formed opinions about us based on our elected representatives... that is so embarassing.

Old 06-07-2001, 12:54 PM   #55
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Leagle:
You wouldn't like it if you lost California.
We wouldn't? Sure we would!

BTW I take exception to being called a YANK! I'm a good southern boy! I'm not a Yank.

My ancestors all came from different parts of Europe. Scot Irish, German, and Italian.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 06-07-2001, 12:56 PM   #56
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
As for losing California...... It's a great place for Californians, but please, please, please, oh please put the Californians back there. If you take all the Californians out of Washington, we could have our roads back, and people would be nice again, and property values would be reasonable, and... sigh, I'm dreaming again.
Oh, and just to stir it up, the Mariners just swept Texas again! hehe.
Also, just so I don't go totally off-topic, the worst thing about America is that most of the world has formed opinions about us based on our elected representatives... that is so embarassing.
YES THE WASHINGTON WAR ON CALIFORNIA HAS BEGUN round up ken and lady nightshade TO ARMS!!!! maybe we can get bill gates to fund us

------------------

Old 06-07-2001, 01:01 PM   #57
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Taking a prompting from something Moni said, I thought it would be fun to post what I know of my origins.
My family from my mother's side comes from Scottland, Ireland, and American Cherokee Indian.
My father's side has Dutch and German backgrounds.
Living in Mexico for two years has taught me alot about other nations, as I have spent time getting to know people from Australia, Bosnia, China, France, Canada, Samoa, Egypt, Tonga, New Zealand, South America, Mexico, Spain, and some other countries that I can't even remember right now.
Making friends with each of them, trying to learn some basic culture differences, and actually being around these people on a daily basis helped me to put the world in a new perspective. Almost everyone of the people I met were about my age (at the time 19-22), and they all were just like me. They had the same likes and dislikes, and I saw no reason to believe that I was any better than any one them. I am thankful for my opportunity that I had, and the friends I made while there.

Bravo
Larry!

Reminds me of a T-shirt I used to see in the early 80's:
"One World, One People
PLEASE!"

I agree wholeheartedly!

So does this make you a Dugerscoticheromerican? (the "i" after scot is long lol)

Moni

------------------

Old 06-07-2001, 01:06 PM   #58
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Well, this thread has me thinking...
What should I call myself?

Mexican-Amercian? Like I'm half-and-half?
Mixed heritage? (Hopi Indian, Mexican, Irish)
Native-American? I wasn't here then...
Irish-American? I'm too dark...

Folks, I'm a TEXAN !!!

THIS is my country, those are my heritage. I don't mind being called Mexican, (it IS my primary cultural heritage) but I was born here. Then again, I refer to myself as beaner, mojo, wetback, pocho, cholo, spic and a bunch of other ethnic slurs. They make me laugh.

------------------
Old 06-07-2001, 01:12 PM   #59
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Beaner and cracker have got to be some of the funniest slurs....sorry but they are

------------------

Old 06-07-2001, 01:14 PM   #60
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:

BTW I take exception to being called a YANK! I'm a good southern boy! I'm not a Yank.

My ancestors all came from different parts of Europe. Scot Irish, German, and Italian.

THANK YOU for saying this, Sir Taliesin! I'm a good southern boy, too, originally from the great state of Louisiana, and I most DEFINITELY am not a Yank!

Don't pay any attention to the bashing...they're still just torqued because we whooped their butts back in the Revolution, and we wouldn't have have revolted if George III hadn't mismanaged the colonies so horribly!

That aside, as far as my ancestry goes, I'm 1/4 French, 1/4 Norwegian, 1/2 Irish, and as my temperament goes, I'm 49% sweetheart and 51% pit bull.