Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2002, 12:49 PM   #51
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Easter holidays..blech..
Bunch of capitalistic mumbo-jumbo, which only leads to me having less spare-time.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2002, 01:42 PM   #52
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Hi, all. Kaz, Epona, Cloudy, hi. ReGiN, how went your birthday? Garnet the game was a lot of fun. I would smack Piestrider but he is ill today, so I guess he's off the hook.
Cloudy, here's my very favortest rice pilaf, which I make when I'm not on low-carb, which I am not currently, thank the Lord. This is from dear James Beard:
Rice Pilaff
1 cup raw rice (long grain Carolina or converted rice)
7 TBSP butter(divided use)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 TSP salt
1/2 TSP freshly ground pepper
1 TSP thyme
2 1/2 cups stock
2 cups small green peas
2-3 leaves of mint, finely chopped
Rinse the rice and dry on a towel. Heat 4 TBSP of the butter in in a heavy skillet or a 1 1/2 QT enameled metal casserole and saute' the onion until it is translucent and soft. Add the rice and saute' for about 5 minutes over a medium flame, then add the seasonings. Pour in boiling stock and stir. Cover and heat in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes, or until the rice is soft and all the liquid absorbed. Heat peas and season to taste with salt and dressed with 3 TBSP of butter. Toss into the rice with a fork. Top with chopped mint and serve.

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Galadria ]

Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 03-11-2002, 01:55 PM   #53
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Yippee! Galadria has returned!

Budha played for me the last battle (when we waged victorious against the undrowned dead--if they're undrowned, then how did they die and what does it matter?). I *had* to use the facilities and when I got back, he was slashing away. I think he wants to play but considers this 'my' game . Next Sun. maybe I'll stick him in there with Silver or Crystal (a fighter who will make the dwarves drool in their beards ).

That pilaf recipe sounds yummy--I may have to try it one night [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 03-11-2002, 02:01 PM   #54
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sir ReGiN:
Easter holidays..blech..
Bunch of capitalistic mumbo-jumbo, which only leads to me having less spare-time.. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry, but Easter is NOT mumbo jumbo to me! [img]smile.gif[/img]

It happens to be THE most important day of the year in my religion. We don't celebrate for the bunnies and candy, we celebrate the ressurection of Christ which is THE most crucial and fundamental 'truth' and mystery of the Christian faith. So I can't agree with anyone that Easter's not a special time. To me, it's very important that I mark that amazing and life-changing event on this day (and no, we don't actually know the exact date and yes, an old pagan spring ritual date was used by the early church- makes no nevermind to me, as it's the symbolic that is at the heart of it.) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudy
Old 03-11-2002, 02:04 PM   #55
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Hi, all. Kaz, Epona, Cloudy, hi. ReGiN, how went your birthday? Garnet the game was a lot of fun. I would smack Piestrider but he is ill today, so I guess he's off the hook.
Cloudy, here's my very favortest rice pilaf, which I make when I'm not on low-carb, which I am not currently, thank the Lord. This is from dear James Beard:
Rice Pilaff
1 cup raw rice (long grain Carolina or converted rice)
7 TBSP butter(divided use)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 TSP salt
1/2 TSP freshly ground pepper
1 TSP thyme
2 1/2 cups stock
2 cups small green peas
2-3 leaves of mint, finely chopped
Rinse the rice and dry on a towel. Heat 4 TBSP of the butter in in a heavy skillet or a 1 1/2 QT enameled metal casserole and saute' the onion until it is translucent and soft. Add the rice and saute' for about 5 minutes over a medium flame, then add the seasonings. Pour in boiling stock and stir. Cover and heat in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes, or until the rice is soft and all the liquid absorbed. Heat peas and season to taste with salt and dressed with 3 TBSP of butter. Toss into the rice with a fork. Top with chopped mint and serve.

[ 03-11-2002: Message edited by: Galadria ]

Goody! Thanks Galadria!
Old 03-11-2002, 03:12 PM   #56
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Glad you like it, Cloudy. I know it seems like a lot of butter, but it is heavenly. You could saute' some mushrooms and add them with the peas. Anthony Bourdain says that one of the things that would shock most members of the dining public is how much butter that chefs use.
Garnet, you mean I went down there to rescue you and it was Budha? ROFL. Maybe I'll let Attalus play for a while, tag-team style.
Old 03-11-2002, 03:18 PM   #57
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Pilaf ? what are we peeling I know dumb joke, heard all the time in the rest. Glad to see you came back Galadria [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Easter is a special day for most. Being the day christ arose from the dead and all. When I was a church going fellow and an altar boy, I alway's liked participating in this mass. Granted it usualy took around 3 hour's to do, but it was fun. Walking with smoking canister packed full of incense. Green houseing the church with the stuff. Sometimes it was so thick you couldnt breath. Well anywho. It is a special day as cloudy has stated. So say a prayer of peace and enjoy the day with your families,
You never know when will see them again
Old 03-11-2002, 06:35 PM   #58
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Thanks, Elif. How's the family? Your dad doing all right?
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 03-11-2002, 07:13 PM   #59
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Yep, Galadria. I asked him if he'd mind watching over Silver and he scooted right into the chair (immediately saving his play sta game). I told him to equip the shield (and please, honey, don't get her killed )and wade right in to battle.....protect Gimlet--the short cute one [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] and I'd be right back. Next thing I knew, the undead were dead again and we were all doing victory dances. Only problem he had was trying to keep us sorted out from the baddies in the melee.
Old 03-11-2002, 08:10 PM   #60
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Garnet, that was the happiest gaming moment I can remember since the first time we killed Bodhi. Attalus claims that I was pumping my fist in the air and hollering, "we rule, vampires drool" then, but I think that he was exaggerating. In our HoW game, there was still one left on top while Azred was engaging the last one of the right, and I only had like 15 HP left, but I waded in with Lonesome Road. I just knew that I was dead, but landed a good one on him, and killed him dead as a smelt. I was hollering and so were Attalus and Piestrider. We exchanged "high-fives," and then had to calm down. We looked like a soft drink commercial.