Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2001, 02:50 PM   #51
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
So, true...

A VERY special place....

I've been out there, and it's scary...

I ain't going back without my weapons, I tell ya...

Oh boy do I here ya, RudeDawg!

*grin* Pick up all the weaponry you can if you step out of our Ironworks...you never know what might ambush you!

CB, Dragonslaying Bard of the Realm

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 04-28-2001, 03:04 PM   #52
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Oh boy do I here ya, RudeDawg!

*grin* Pick up all the weaponry you can if you step out of our Ironworks...you never know what might ambush you!

CB, Dragonslaying Bard of the Realm

RudeDawg should know...
He was at BGDungeon when its mythal fell and flamers and trolls invaded its forum...
Right?

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 05:49 PM   #53
Epona
Zartan

Just wanted to stick my oar in, as I too was over at TeamBG a bit during downtime here, not posting, but just reading - and I saw in full all the stuff with FW Elesion and what happened to 250 from start to finish.

I was so angry about it all that I went and posted on Stealthy's site (as 250 is a decent bloke and didn't deserve that cr*p) so I feel that maybe I had a small role to play in getting others worked up by moaning about it myself.

I only posted twice in the ensuing row at TeamBG, but I really don't want a war with them. There are probably some good people there, but not much diplomacy!

I wouldn't say to anyone not to visit the site, or anything like that, just bear in mind that Ken and some of his colleagues are less easy-going than we are used to, so don't post anything there that may cause upset - be tolerant of the way they run their forum, even if it's not really to your liking, and don't rise to any flaming - if nothing else it will prove that you are big enough to keep your cool. Bear in mind also that we don't want any retaliation here!

I can recommend The Elysium (link posted by Father Bronze earlier I think). It is not Ironworks but it is a friendly place, much quieter than here so don't expect instant replies - the people there are quite accommodating though.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-28-2001, 05:57 PM   #54
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
RudeDawg should know...
He was at BGDungeon when its mythal fell and flamers and trolls invaded its forum...
Right?

damn straight...
watched it erupt into flames, and fall all around me...
I lurk on TeamBG when I'm looking for info on the IE and trying to do fun stuff, but I will never join the forum... why bother?
Usenet is great, the 2 group about BG are used to flame-wars and trolls, so they get killfiled ASAP...
This place, and Talon's, seem about the only one's I've found that are worth staying at, and Talon's is fighting off hacker attacks all the time, now...
bastards won't leave decent folk alone..

------------------

The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 04-28-2001, 09:39 PM   #55
Stealthy

Sorry I joined this thread so late, but I have been chatting on MS messenger all night and adding photos to the album and answering e-mails. Thanks to all of you for your support over the TeamBG incident, especially Father Bronze and Epona, after what happened to 250, I should be grateful I got out with only a few singes! Memnoch, don't worry, your e-mail didn't offend me, but gave me pause for thought, hence my apology to the guy. After all, if he wants to rule it like a dictator, so be it! I just will not go there.

A word of warning, maybe we should drop this as I wouldn't want him to find out we are criticising him, as it could get even uglier and I don't want Ziroc involved, he is a great guy and doesn't deserve any grief, he has enough with the servers!

------------------

My doctor told me to eat more, but all this spam hasn't helped.

Click here for the album site.

Shadow Mage of the OHF.

Funny Bone of the LH
Old 04-29-2001, 03:13 AM   #56
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

It's all been said previously... Still, good work should not go unremarked.

Thank you, Ziroc.

------------------
{Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...}
Old 04-29-2001, 07:53 AM   #57
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

A few quotes from kens lackeys "Anyway as you already know Ken (Think I told ya about 1000 times) we all stick up for another here, you are no exception. That is what makes us a community!
Great Work K-man, don't let this/these D*ckheadz blow you out of course

Some people will always disagree with you, no matter how good the site is. If they don't want to come here, if they don't want to use our tools and our mods, well, TS to them then.

I think any level minded person could take a fair and unbiased look at the situation and would think this site is great. That being said, let them whine and bitch about us. Our numbers are not suffering. Ten to one they're just jealous of us anyhow.

Well I suppose that it is in some way the price we pay for being #1 on our field."

These are the only type of posts that wont get you a flame from ken the teambg leader. A lot of his posts start with "How dare you" yes how dare we express a oppinion that doesnt involve saying "thank you ken baker you are the greatest I bow to you" Just because he owns the forums doesnt mean he owns us. He reminds me of the geek leader in dude wheres my car. Oh well screw him and his pop-up ads anyway cause ironworks are back!

------------------
RULE #1:I am always right
RULE #2:See rule #1
Old 04-29-2001, 08:19 AM   #58
Moiraine
Anubis

No wonder he has a huge number of members on his forum, since once registered you can't unsuscribe ...

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 04-30-2001, 01:32 PM   #59
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Unbelievable.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-30-2001, 01:38 PM   #60
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Unbelievable.

Don't worry. It wasn't too bad.

I did however manage to promote The Laughing Hyenas on The-Elysium message board. They were trying to set up a new guild. It was then that I proudly displayed my Official Laughing Hyena title.

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 04-30-2001).]