Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2001, 11:41 AM   #51
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

bumpirooni

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-12-2001, 07:04 PM   #52
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Who let this post slide?!?!
Old 06-12-2001, 09:34 PM   #53
etherus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I just looked at Memnochs description of stats and everything for the demogorgon. My jaw dropped and I was just starting at his saves. How the hell do you kill something like that?!??!! He could take out the Terresque in a couple of rounds! If he doesn't dominate the poor beast first! Why hasn't that thing come out and ruled the land? And if he is the prince, I hate to see what the king is like!

------------------
The Krazy Communist Ivan
Old 06-13-2001, 01:45 AM   #54
Greadius
The Magister

I play 3rd edition D&D table top and the stats don't really translate well if you don't know the game rules.
What does translate well is OMFG that thing is impossible. I can't IMAGINE a party pulling that thing down even with 20 characters unless mages/clerics got some good timing and lucky rolls.
Translations... AC 44 is the equivalent of somewhere near -20 AC. The saves are the equivalent of -10ish.

Demon you say? Let me grab my cavalier, dust of that old holy avenger, and do what I did to every other demon... grab a few protection spells and keep the party at a safe distance so they don't get the demon blood on 'em.
Old 06-13-2001, 02:03 AM   #55
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

What if he needs plus 6 weapons to hit him? hmmmm what then

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 06-13-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 08:26 AM   #56
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

He'll just have to whoop out that OTHER Holy Avenger from Icewind Dale with the plus 7 vs. evil!
Old 06-13-2001, 10:23 AM   #57
Encard
Quintesson

I could kill him. Easy. Spell Trigger Lower Resist x3, Chain Contingency Horrid Wilting x3 (or Incindiery Cloud x3 and run away to another area so that he roasts), Time Stop, Spell Sequencer Greater Malaison x3 (Is it cumulative? Not sure), More Horrid Wiltings, Time Stop, Delayed Blast Fireball x#, Repeat Last Step, Imprisonment, heal and sleep, freedom, repeat first sequence until he's dead. Or just use my insta-kill custom spell. *grin*
Old 06-13-2001, 10:38 AM   #58
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

It won't be that easy to get him for lots of reasons
a) They've made the AI in TOB a lot better than in BG2 so he'll probably deliberately go after your mage or poison them or something so they can't cast spells
b)I hear he's immune to time stop (or should be)
c) He's almost 100% majically resistant and has massive saving throws
d) What you think he won't have allies?
It's going to take complex tactics from an entire high level party to take him down for sure. Those who think they can take him easy with one character will be in for a rude shock I think.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 06-13-2001, 01:29 PM   #59
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

You've got to get up to 8 million xps, so I guess this and a greater wyrm are going to help.
Old 06-13-2001, 02:10 PM   #60
Encard
Quintesson

Did you say IMMUNE TO TIME STOP?! Scared now... Still, I think I could gte him. Use decoys, then, spell trigger Lower Resist x3 (lowers his magic resist to 0%, assuming I'm at least lvl 25 by then), half a second later my Chain Contingency Horrid Wilting x3 hits, and then a second or two later my second mage's imprisonment hits him. Then I heal if I need to, sleep, cast freedom, and repeat. I think that will kill him after it's repeated several times, and I doubt that AI will be good enough to react to something that takes maybe 5 or so seconds each time, or to piece it together and kill the mage first. Even if one of them dies, the other imprisons the demon and I resureect my mage.

------------------
Bow down to the RaBid Fruit Trees!!! DEAT!