Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2002, 11:34 AM   #41
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Donut, you're from Australia ? Damn, i thougt you were Irish.
Old 06-09-2002, 11:41 AM   #42
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Donut, you're from Australia ? Damn, i thougt you were Irish.
Ouch johnny - coming from a Chelsea supporter that really hurts! [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-09-2002, 11:45 AM   #43
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
ROFL i'll drink to that !
Old 06-09-2002, 11:51 AM   #44
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Irish??
Dammit Donut, I could have sworn you said you were Welsh!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2002, 12:06 PM   #45
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Irish??
Dammit Donut, I could have sworn you said you were Welsh!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Aaah! Wales, the Land of my Fathers, where Men are Men and Sheep get Nervous.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-09-2002, 06:08 PM   #46
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I heard he was a wrestler from Birmingham . Donut an Aussie - I think NOT!!!!!
Old 06-09-2002, 11:17 PM   #47
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Now for rugby that i spretty simple

you get 1 point for kickign it through the posts 3 points ( called a tri) for downing it over the line. you can no forward pass the ball and tend to advance it by latteraling it to other players on your team. If you can not advance it and run into block of oppsing players you tend to turn your back to them lean into them and latteral or hand the ball to another player on your team. If the ball goes out of bounds the oppssing team hasa throw in. A scrum is set up with both teasm interlocking themselves with oppssign hookers suspend by their props the ball is then thrown into the middle of the scrum the hookers then try to use their legs to "hook" the ball and passit back through their team with everyone using their legs till the ball pops out and a winger or is it called a halfback picks it up and starts the play.

ok how did i do for a dumb American chick

[ 06-10-2002, 05:02 AM: Message edited by: Lanthir ]
Old 06-09-2002, 11:20 PM   #48
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:
quote:
Originally posted by theifprowess:
just joined in on this conversation an wow. are there really any americans who really care how soccer is played i mean in all honesty hockey is almost the same and its more fun to watch. americans dont know what soccer (or you guys call it football) really is because we have broadened our horizons in the sports world ie football, hockey, baseball, basketball(go lakers), (god forbid)golf, and tennis.

i was listening to a talk show the other day about soccer being an american sport. the host commented that no red blooded american could or does not really care for the sport. and that the only people in america that care for the sport more than likely are a first or second generation american and or citizen. and while listening to the show. he was right there wasnt 1 person that called in who cares how the sport was actually played.

next post, rules and regulations of how to play basketball. and will any country in the world ever beat team USA in the olympic basketball category?
Hmm I assume he meant that native Americans do not follow football? I base this on the fact that he implied that imigrants or the American of imigrant background are the only ones that follow the sport. That would imply that everyone but Native Americans (ie indians) do follow it. I assume this radio show was kinda a low brow redneck kinda show but what you describe. [img]smile.gif[/img] Oh as for hockey do you mean hockey or the fights that the NHL puts on? I do ten dto love to watch hockey at the olypic or international level but really find the NHL with all their fighting rather unenjoyable.

On by the way America has been beaten in Olympic basketball several times.

Donut sorry for some reason I thought you were an Aussie must be the accent [img]smile.gif[/img] touche on calling me canadian.
[/QUOTE]
Old 06-10-2002, 04:28 AM   #49
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanthir:
Now for rugby that i spretty simple

you get 1 point for kickign it through the posts 3 points ( called a tri) for downing it over the line. you can no forward pass the ball and tend to advance it by latteraling it to other players on your team. If you can not advance it and run into block of oppsing players you tend to turn your back to them lean into them and latteral or hand the ball to another player on your team. If the bal lgoes out of bounds the oppssing team hasa through in. A scrum is set up with both teasm interlockin gthem selves with oppssign hookers suspend by their props the ball is then thrown into the middle of the scrum the hookers then try to use their legs to "hook" the ball and passit back through their team with everyone usign they legs till the ball pops out and a winger or is it called a halfback picks t up and starts the play.

ok how did i do for a dumb American chick
About 40% I think - an F, but a damn good one .
Old 06-10-2002, 04:40 AM   #50
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

well first what did I get wrong
Second guess I will nto go to any matchs with you (sticks out her tongue)