Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 09:28 AM   #41
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Everyone with a mind of their own was in exile. Now is their chance to do something, IF given the opportunity.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:45 AM   #42
Skippy1
Elminster

It's not just a case of handing over power to the Iraqi's. Who exactly do you hand over to? Until a properly formed Govt. is in place and operating there is no way that they can be left to themselves. If the Coalition forces were to pull out tomorrow, the only result would be civil war. Not only that, the neighbouring countries Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and Iran would also most likely be drawn in.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:52 AM   #43
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Well put him on trial for his human rights violation. Now has any information leaked out on where he is supposed to be put to trial? Iraq? USA? UN war tribunal? Let's hope it's not one of the first two at least.
Not the UN, I'm certain. 2 reasons: 1) No DP at the Haigh, and 2) US defied UN by even going in -- UN won't benefit from its non-action and it has no jurisdiction. Likely an Iraqi tribunal, to let Iraqis hand him his fate. I'm sure he'll get a fair trial, and then get hanged. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2003, 10:00 AM   #44
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
The job is far from done. Apparently there have been a number of suicide bombings again this morning, in which 9 people were killed. Nothing has changed, perhaps the number of attacks will only increase because of this.

There's only one important job left to be done, and that is hand over power to the Iraqi's, and get the hell out of that place.
Johnny, I'm not suggesteing leaving Iraq. However a leak or two.

Timber, you are probably correct. Why handle things in a civilized way...
Old 12-15-2003, 12:11 PM   #45
B_part
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
[...]
Not the UN, I'm certain. 2 reasons: 1) No DP at the Haigh, and 2) US defied UN by even going in -- UN won't benefit from its non-action and it has no jurisdiction. Likely an Iraqi tribunal, to let Iraqis hand him his fate. I'm sure he'll get a fair trial, and then get hanged. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I think it will be shooting instead of hanging.
Anyway, it seems that it will be an Iraqi matter: Blair has already talked about an Iraqi tribunal, and Bush is not against it. Also the Iraqis are not willing to let this thing go, and upsetting them, given the overall situation, is not the most savy thing to do.BBC
Old 12-15-2003, 12:59 PM   #46
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Let the people that suffered the most under his regime put him on trial. That'd either be the Kurds or the Marsh People. Neither, I would guess, will be in a mood to go easy on him. But I'd guess we will interrogate him first and then the Iraqi Government or what passes for one will try him.

It's my understanding that Iraqi Governing Council has banned the use of the Death Penalty. There have been calls for a repeal of that ban, or an exemption for Saddom. I'd like to see the Iraqi people try him and sentence him to life in prison and then turn him over to us. We could put him in the same cell as the blind Sheik!
Old 12-15-2003, 01:25 PM   #47
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Let the people that suffered the most under his regime put him on trial. That'd either be the Kurds or the Marsh People. Neither, I would guess, will be in a mood to go easy on him. But I'd guess we will interrogate him first and then the Iraqi Government or what passes for one will try him.
Why? For the same reasons that parents to murdered children are not allowed to judge those murderers? Then we remove the word trial and exchange it for revenge. However it would suit Bush and Blair to have the trial in Iraq. Candy to the masses.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:56 PM   #48
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Let him go before trial in a French court. If you think he would get off lightly then you had best lay down the crack pipe
Old 12-15-2003, 11:52 PM   #49
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

No LoA let him face the Iraqi court and let the people who have suffer so hard in 20 years to diside what he should recive that as**!!!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:15 AM   #50
Azimaith
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
Well at noon today we get to hear the village idiot say how he single handedly captured Saddam...Maybe we will finaly find those weapons of mass destruction now!? I'd like to see Bush and Saddam put in a pit and fight it out winner gets to run against Clark in 04...
Are you so wrapped up in your utter abhorance of Bush that you can't simply be happy we caught the bastard? In fact Bush didn't gloat about it which I think was the right political choice for him.

I think that the attacks will remain fierce though less so, in my opinion alot of them are fighting for their lives as they would be sumarily Mussolinied should they not either escape to another country or hide their identities really well.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Azimaith is offline   Reply With Quote