Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 05:06 PM   #41
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I'd suggest that you post the answers, my home computer is not working at the moments (my own fault!) and I can't access any files
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 05:24 PM   #42
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Answers

Part 1: Short Answer
Directions: Give the best answer for the statement or question given.

1. What’s the Shadow Thieves’ password for entering their guildhall? (2 points)
Answer: fafhrd

2. Why does Nelik the Most Devious and Fiendish of Thieving get the best title out of the Merry Fools according to Gorpal Hind? (3 points)
Answer: Because the rest of the Merry Fools owe him money.

3. What is Dreppin’s cow’s name? (2 points)
Answer: Nessa. I originally had the answer as Arabelle. Black Robed One gave this answer:
"I believe it changes from first to second time you are in Candlekeep, the first time you are in Candlekeep (prologue), Dreppin calls his cow “Nessi”, but the next time to you visit Candlekeep, he calls her “Arabelle”."
So I left it at Nessa, although I'm curious and will have to check on this answer.

4. Who does Destus Gurn, who’s in the Iron Throne compound, mistake you for? (2 points)
Answer: Emissary Tar, the Duke’s negotiator.

5. Name Aldeth Sashenstar’s 2 friends that share ownership with him. (1 point each)
Answer: Irlentree and Zorl Miyar

6. What is the name of Albert’s dog? (1 point)
Answer: Rufie

7. Voltine, a druid in the city of Baldur’s Gate, claims that Gervisse is the ‘Boogeyman’ that haunts Louise and Laerta. Upon introducting herself, Voltine gives her full first name. What is her full first name? (2 points, lenient on spelling)
Answer: Voltinabulai. No one managed to get this one.

8. Drizzt Do’Urden wants your help to kill what creatures? (1 point)
Answer: Gnolls

9. According to the fortune teller in Baldur’s Gate, who is the richest man in the city? (2 points)
Answer: Entar Silvershield

10. Imitate Boo’s squeaking sound as good as you can and record it and send it to me [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Just kidding . As for the real question: state as best as you can what Minsc does/expression he makes if you click on Boo in his inventory. (2 points)
Answer: he stops you from taking Boo and gives you a harsh glare.

Part 2: Matching (2 points each)

Directions: Using the word bank below, match the line that each NPC says when traveling with you.
-No sorrow for those lost in righteous battle. (Jaheira)
-I need aid soon, lest my hamster…become an…orphan (Minsc)
-Ja-Jaheira. No. Noooo! (Khalid)
-While leader I will endeavor not to get all of us killed. (Xan)
-Poor sod. Taking a dirt nap so soon. (Imoen)
-We have much evil to fight. We have no time for idleness. (Ajantis)
-Must I watch over this group as a nanny of a child? (Dynaheir)
-‘Tis a beautiful day in the neighborhood. (Garrick)
-Whooaaa, insult me again! Only this time, use your brain. (Quayle)
-Cities, they’re a blight on the beauty of nature. (Faldorn)
-This is probably the sanest decision this group has ever made. (Skie)

Work Bank: Ajantis, Alora, Branwen, Coran, Dynaheir, Faldorn, Garrick, Imoen, Jaheira, Khalid, Kivan, Minsc, Quayle, Safana, Skie, Xan, Yeslick.

Part 3: True or False?

12. You can make a profit (meaning gold, not a profit from items) from rescuing Tremain’s son in the city Baldur’s Gate. (1 point)
Answer: True.

13. It’s impossible to save Miner Beldin from getting killed by kobolds on the second level of the Nashkell Mines. (2 points)
Answer: False. Use an invisible character and it can be done.

14. There are pool tables in the Three Old Kegs (2 points)
Answer: True. Plain and clear...they're right there in the inn

15. If you run into Desreta and Vay-ya in the Low Lantern, the fight can still be avoided through dialogue (talking to them). (1 point)
Answer: True. However, it's better to fight them for the gloves

16. Volo is in the Belching Dragon in Beregost (2 point)
Answer: False. Volo is in the Belching Dragon; however, the tavern is in Nashkell, not in Beregost.

Part 4: Multiple Choice: (2 points each)

17. What group of people in the Cloakwood oppose Jaheira?
A. Faldorn’s group.
B. The Shadow Druids
C. The Iron Throne
D. Seniyad’s Druids
Answer: B

18. About how many Ziose Gems can be found on the top floor of the Three Old Kegs in Areana’s room?
A. 0
B. 5
C. 50
D. 200+
Answer: D

19. In the sewers of Baldur’s Gate, a creature named Ratchild can be identified as a…
A. Xvart
B. Kobold
C. Wolf
D. There is no one named Ratchild.
Answer: B

20. Which one of these is the correct spelling of the mage’s name in the Cloakwood Mines?
A. Davoern
B. Davaoern
C. Davaeorn
D. Daveorn
Answer: C

21. How many zombies does Wenric want you to kill for him?
A. 20
B. 5
C. 30
D. 10
Answer: A

22. Which floor of the Candlekeep Library can the leaders of the Iron Throne be found on?
A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4
Answer: C

Part 5: Pictures!

23. Name the Characters that are numbered: (1 point each)
1 (in gray): Gorion
2 (in purple): Imoen
3 (in red): Tethoril

24. On this map of the Gnoll Stronghold, which pit can Dynaheir be found in? (2 points)
Answer: 4. You have to go down into the pit itself to see her, however.

25. Name this item: (3 points)
Answer: Helm of Glory

26. A temple that looks very similar to this one can be found somewhere else in the game, although the other 1 has no roof. In which city/area can it be found in? (3 points)
Answer: Candlekeep—the Temple of Oghma. It is on the NE part of CK.

Part 6: Miscellaneous

27. Fill in the blank in this dialogue with Tartusse (a nobleman that can be met near The Three Old Kegs inn). It is one of the responses that you can give to him:
“Breaking a mirror…That’s seven years of bad luck, plus ten for the ______...” (3 points)
Chose from: plastic, handle, or metal.
Answer: metal. The nobleman becomes very upset after this reply [img]tongue.gif[/img]

28. In the Bandit Camp, Tazok can be ‘impressed’ by your skills if you do what? (1 point)
Answer: Fight him and inflict enough damage on him.

29. Name the major inns in each of these cities. If you don’t know, then by inn, I mean a place where you can buy a room to sleep in from an innkeeper/bartender (1 point per inn named. If more than 4 are named for the city of Baldur’s Gate, then 1 point extra credit for every 2 extra that you can name).
Beregost: The Jovial Juggler, The Red Sheaf Inn, Feldepost’s Inn, The Burning Wizard.
Nashkell: Naskhell Inn
Friendly Arm: Friendly Arm Inn. Illumina had the best answer-"Erm... Are you joking? Do you want Bentley Mirrorshade's name?"
City of Baldur’s Gate (name only 4): The Elfsong, The Blushing Mermaid, Ye Olde Inn, Three Old Kegs, the Splurging Sturgeon, Drakon Tavern, The Helm and Cloak, The Blade and Stars, The Seven Suns, The Low Lantern, Shop of Silence, Jopalin’s Tavern.

30. Which attribute (chose from strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, and charisma) affects what your saving throw vs. spell for a ‘charm person’ spell will be? (2 points)
Answer: Wisdom. I think it was SixOfSpades that said that it is theoritically wisdom that affects all saving throws, although this may not have actually been incorporated in for charm in BG.

31. Name the person that drops the item from question number 25. (2 points)
Answer: Jardak, who can be found upstairs in a building in the city of Baldur’s Gate.

32. How many areas can you view on your world map that you can visit if you have the whole map filled? Keep in mind that there are two answers for this since installing the expansion adds a few new areas (the city of Baldur’s Gate counts as 1 area, and that will include Wyrm’s Crossing. And as a New Year’s gift, your answer can be off by +/-5). (3 points)
Answer: 41 if you don’t have TotSC. 43 if you have TotSC.

33. Who is the leader of the Iron Throne prior to the final boss of the game? (2 points)
Answer: Rieltar

34. What connects the Hall of Wonders and the High House of Wonders? (2 points)
Answer: a stone bridge. I got a few underground passages, but that is not the correct answer. Just talk to the tour guide in the Hall of Wonders and a message in your journal will tell you that they are connected by a stone bridge.

35. What is the reason that these two buildings are connected? (3 points)
Answer: so that they can be guarded as one building. Once again, the tour guide will tell you this.

Bonus:
Answer this question for 3 bonus points:

How many areas are there in the city of Baldur’s Gate (not including Wyrm’s Crossing) that you can travel to?
Answer: 9

Great scores overall, although there was no single winner since Six and ZFR tied. Should there be a tie breaker question?

[ 02-14-2005, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Lord ]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #43
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Lord could you check your PM?
I think I just...

EDIT:
Oh, and on an unrelated side notice, you said in a post before:
Quote:

I found another mistake. No one seemed to be getting anywhere near the answer I had written down for one of the questions, so I went back and found out that I had made a mistake. However, only ZFR gained points from this correction, bringing the total to 79 points...

Did you mean the question with Nessa?

[ 02-14-2005, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 02-15-2005, 06:14 PM   #44
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Yes, ZFR, it was the question for Nessa. You were also right, I did miss out on some points for you. I also checked over the others, and Six's score was boosted a bit as well.

Here are the final scores:

ZFR: Tethoril (85 points)
SixOfSpades: Ulraunt (82 points)
Brainless One: Ulraunt (78 points)
Black Robed One: Drizzt (68 points)
Illumina Drathiran'ar: Rieltar (63 points)
RoSs_bg2_rox: Davaeorn (56 points)
Link: Duke Eltan (49 points)
Dplax: Berrun Ghastkill (28 points)

Which makes ZFR the new winner! Congrats to ZFR and to every one else as well!

And I guess it's time to start compiling BG1 Trivia #4 already . By the way, would anyone like to have the 4th trivia have a theme like the 2nd one did (the 2nd trivia was based on the city of Baldur's Gate), or should it be like trivia #3?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #45
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I liked the style this one was in, even though I didn't get around to submitting the bugger
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:29 PM   #46
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

I agree, have it be about everything.
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #47
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

I think you should have one on the wilderness of BG1 - I think I'd be good at that one. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]