Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2002, 11:53 AM   #31
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

maybe the brits are rude because of that whole losing the empire thing.
Old 07-20-2002, 12:16 PM   #32
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
LMAO
Don't keep reminding them, it will only get worse.

Old 07-21-2002, 02:11 AM   #33
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

If 'mean' refers to New Zealanders being frugal, then guilty as charged. Most New Zealanders don't have a great deal of money (and our dollar is weak) so we tend to keep purchases to a practical level (especially whilst we are abroad holidaying and thus not earning fresh income [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
But if 'mean' refers to NZers being nasty then no way. While I am looking at things through biased eyes I've gotta say that NZers are a pretty well-mannered folk (at least Southern NZers are, I can't vouch for the Northern city-folk wannabes).

I work weekends in a cafe and I've gotta say that no matter where they are from most tourists that come in are polite, friendly and well-mannered. Some of them can be a little condescending (ie: they present an aura of "hurry up and make me my coffee you uncultured, colonial scum") but no matter where you go in the world there will be an ample supply of assholes (except in Southern NZ of course [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Old 07-21-2002, 03:50 AM   #34
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Ok correct me if Im wrong here..but what you all are saying....

1. Expedia made up the data to make Americans look good
2. Expedia had ulterior motives to make the UK appear bad
3. Expedia for some reason likes the Germans and wants them happy
4. Expedia aside from stating that they went to some rather upscale places, really only went to places where middle class Brits go.
5. a Brittish publication published this article but failed to point out the conspiracy taking place.

Errr perhaps the men who fly the black helicopters and cover up alien abductions are involved?

Ahh well Im sure the Americans are still just too rude for the refined manners of the rest of the world...imagine eating dinner without dressing properly [img]smile.gif[/img]
On point 1 I really don't think Expedia could afford this
Old 07-21-2002, 03:59 AM   #35
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
LMAO
Don't keep reminding them, it will only get worse.
[/QUOTE]Well , it was a great cinema !!
Old 07-21-2002, 10:45 AM   #36
norompanlasolas

here in madrid you practically bump with tourits everywhere you go (spain is regarded as the number 1 destination for tourists worlwide). from my experience, yanks tend to come in 2 flavors. the ones that are really nice, ok and go around trying to see everything and try every little spanish culture, food, music thingie and the ones that go and eat in mcdonalds, talk about missing starbucks and are pretty annoying generally speaking. brits DO tend to be quite rude, especially the football fan type (which we get a LOT here). go to any bar or irish pub and youll be treated to a wonderful assortment of loud yelling, heavy drinking, and shaved heads singing football songs whilst making fun of the spanish way of pronouncing english. obviously, this is just an example. lots of brits are really nice and try and make an effort to understand and learn other cultures. heck, i live with one of them! [img]smile.gif[/img]

other kind of tourists? well, japanese are the most polite, id have to say. even TOO polite, sometimes. they get cheated on a lot, especially with money. germans are ok, though i wouldnt consider them the best tourists. oh, and all the aussies ive met are reaally cool and polite. a couple of years ago i travelled with a girl from australia for 3 months, and it was a great experience. the culture differences between us were so big we practically needed a mediator to get up in the morning. but, it all worked out ok in the end! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2002, 01:09 PM   #37
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
I would make a good tourist to have over, as long as there is beer i promise i won't shoot anyone !
I agree give me beer and i will be the best tourist every where LOL!
Old 07-21-2002, 01:23 PM   #38
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

ROTFLMAO... I don't want to do anything to offend... but to be quite honest... of what i've seen...

that's bloody true [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[b]
-World Traveler
Old 07-22-2002, 03:44 AM   #39
Pangur Ban

It got a mention in Australian media, as well.

Australian Broadcasting Commission - Offbeat News

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]

[ 07-22-2002, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: Pangur Ban ]
Old 07-22-2002, 02:29 PM   #40
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Tourists always seem rude because traditional manners and social mores are different wherever you go. Language is also a formidable barrier to mutual understanding. Not to mention, people everywhere who have something to do, generally hate having people in their way that don't have something to do, and don't know what they're doing! Tourists on vacation fit that bill perfectly.