Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2004, 02:52 PM   #31
dplax
Jack Burton

Another add on the font colors I am using in the roleplay:
If a character only appears once or twice I am using blue.
If a character appears several times or is an important character they shall get their own color.

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:40 PM   #32
dplax
Jack Burton

Well as most of you have probably seen the game is advancing really slowly. I do not know what the problem is, it might be that the people playing in the game do not have enough time, or it might be that I am doing things wrong. If you have any thoughts on this subject, suggestions to make for me on improving your fun in this game feel free to do so, either here on this thread or if you want then in pm's.

ADD: If you feel that the game would run better with a set rules system, rather than freeform as it is now, you can also suggest that.

[ 04-16-2004, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 04-16-2004, 04:15 PM   #33
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
Well as most of you have probably seen the game is advancing really slowly. I do not know what the problem is, it might be that the people playing in the game do not have enough time, or it might be that I am doing things wrong. If you have any thoughts on this subject, suggestions to make for me on improving your fun in this game feel free to do so, either here on this thread or if you want then in pm's.

ADD: If you feel that the game would run better with a set rules system, rather than freeform as it is now, you can also suggest that.
I for one don`t have enough time. I am very busy with school.

Let me desribe my (regular) day:
  • get up at 7 AM
  • brush teeth
  • eat breakfast
  • be in school for 7-8 hours
  • come home at around 14-14.40 PM
  • prepare for soccer training wich stats at 16 PM and last to 18 PM
  • go to soccer at 15.00
  • train until 18.00
  • get home at approximetly 18.30
  • shower takes around 15 mins
  • eat dinner
  • the hour shows 7.00 PM
  • school obligations (homeworks,studying,etc...)
  • hour shows about 23.00
  • go to bed around 24.00

So you see I am full for the whole day except friday(s) and weekends.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:37 PM   #34
Sythe
Ra

I don't have as much time as I like to. My day is usually a it crammed aswell.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:32 PM   #35
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I want to see your game succeed, but I cannot carry the whole mission myself.

Here is a suggestion. Some people love to fight, and when everyone thought that a battle was coming up, most people were posting alot. However, that did not happen, and we were then given a chance to carry out missions. The team separated into two groups. Now both of our teams are stuck at places that are boring for most players. Conversations. I always lose most of my players during times like this where there is no immediate threat or any immediate action that is to take place. In order to step up the game, I would suggest helping the team that I am not leading get into the fortress of Morgoth and then scare the shit out of them in there. Give them more than they can handle, with danger at every turn. That will get them moving. As for my team...we need to just get busy searching for enemies and whipping them. We need the game designer to give us a reason to start whipping tail immediately. Maybe my character cannot get out of not selling off the elf, and then we are found out and are put into prison or almost captured or have to fight our way out of town. Now some players love to post conversations if the conversation is actively exciting. My suggestion would be for Mistral's character to throw something at her to catch her interest. Roland, being the young vibrant young man that he is would certainly want to stay close to her to keep her safe, since she is cute enough for him to want to do so...and then my character will have the automatic "father-like" need to care for the both of them, since he drug them into this town. The elf will have to keep himself alive in a town that hate elves and will probably choose to stay near Mistral's character as well...since she is an elf-friend, and is as beautiful as one, I would guess. Elves fall for beauty.

I hope this helps.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 06:42 PM   #36
Cienden
Manshoon

I have three jobs. I think that sums it up pretty well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also I haven't played freeform before, so it's a little weird to me just making stuff up and hopeing it doesn't bend the rules too much. Also my one elf never does anything...not Feldorn..the other one...I think he's a wizard?.. And I'm spoiling a for a fight and I'm pretty sure Bober is looking to crack some heads too! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2004, 05:12 AM   #37
dplax
Jack Burton

So you want combat...
You'll get it then.

Old 04-22-2004, 11:15 PM   #38
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hey everyone,

I'm ashamed to say I have to pull out of this game for now. Real life has placed increasing demands on my time dplax has very kindly offered to hold on to my character instead of killing her right away [img]smile.gif[/img] I am giving him full rein over her actions and thoughts.

It's been a pleasure RP-ing with you all and I hope you continue to have a fantastic time. Take care [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 06:37 AM   #39
dplax
Jack Burton

I hope that my feeble tries of imitating how mistral would be roleplaying shall not shame me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2004, 11:31 AM   #40
dplax
Jack Burton

Waiting on posts from Cienden and Sythe.

Edit: And The Fallen One.

[ 04-27-2004, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]