Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 10:50 PM   #31
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Golem saw the attack from the animal creature coming, but could do nothing about it. He had been sop busy trying to kill the human that he had not thought that it would have a helper. The attack knocked golem to the ground, and he landed hard, cracking in several places. The sword in his head kept him from thinking straight, and he was feeling tired. Too much energy had been put into this battle. Soon, he would be dispelled, and become once more just an ordinary rock. He didn't like animation anyway. But master Larry had raised him up to do a task, and he tried to succeed. he knew nothing of defiance to he who gave command, so although hurt and shattering, the rock golem continued one more lunge to squash the soft people. He rolled over at a quick pace, hoping to roll them over.
Old 05-02-2002, 11:08 PM   #32
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

The silence of the newly stilled air is filled suddenly by a scream. Even before his ears mark the tenor of its sound, the cold nakedness of its anguish had chilled the air perceptibly. Pain such as this comes from no physical wound. No, such agony of breath can only be sounded by a spirit broken by despair. That such frightful notes are produced by the brokeness of a voice accustomed to the confidence of command makes hearing them all the more painful. His has heard this scream once before and his heart crows suddenly cold with the memory of those he had slain within the terrible wind that scatters. It is the paladin, such torment of spirit could come from no other. ~ This is not the final breath of the grave and yet there is a finality about it. He lives and yet his life is ended. This is the breath of one for whom tomorrow has no meaning.

His eyes narrow as he looks upon the brooding stone of the tower. “And you enjoyed this, no doubt, you and your servants. Tearing the hope from a life is a casual thing .....” His voice trails off into silence and a stern resolve claims the cold memories within his heart. “I will see you fall,” he whispers, sending the cold draft of his words outward to the tower, “you and all that stand with you.” Removing a leather case from his belt, he opens it and removes one of the five golden arrowheads it contains. The memory of desperate screams and final breaths torn to pieces by the Scattering Wind rushes over him. He still feels the horrible clarity of the breaking of the chains which held holy symbols to an outsider god around their necks and the feel of the stark lifelessness of the golden symbols upon his hand. ~ The same gold held once more within the same hand. ~ Looking skyward, he whispers the hidden name of the Stormy Daughter of Wind, she whose anger cannot be contained and readies himself to prepare the arrow. “Who is to say - perhaps the touch of one life broken in despair may bring release to another and some little good may yet come out of that foolish tragedy that has killed so many of my people and left me with only half a heart.”

ooc: The full background of this remembered battle and these arrowheads is given in Tavern by the Creek III.

[ 05-02-2002, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 05-03-2002, 01:21 AM   #33
TAOWolf
White Dragon

She leaps gracefully out of the way as the Stone Golem falls and cracks in several places. She lands hard against the wall, and yips as a rib cracks. Breathing heavily she dodges wildly as the Golem starts rolling.

She makes a desperate leap at Spree, grabbing her by the cloak as she bounds over them, pulling her over the Golem's chest and out away from his arms, slamming them both into the opposite wall. Wincing again at the pain, she quickly licks Spree's face, and hackles raising, turns back to the Golem......

Upon hearing the call of another wolf within the foul depths of this dank man-made prison, a howl sounds in the corridor, terrified by its surroundings, not able to contain it any longer. The captured wolf screams a howl for release from its prison......

TAO sharply turns her head, the silver tears dripping from her eyes smoldering on the floor as they fall, creating rivlets of tiny cracks in the floor spreading out in the direction of the Golem, and the main corridor.........

She howls again, shaking the very foundations of the TOWER in anger, remorse, hope, love....every emotion NOT found within these hideous walls, and turns to Spree.

The bracer around her neck glows in a sudden fierce red light from the bloodstone centered in the middle, and a bolt of lightning shoots out at the Golem

She stands torn between Spree and the desperate call of a wolf-mate......

OOC: hope you don't mind my imposing on your wolf, Larry

[ 05-03-2002, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: TAOWolf ]
Old 05-03-2002, 02:37 AM   #34
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Neb looked at the defeated paladin, "Well, that was kinda fun. What will we be doing now master?"
Old 05-03-2002, 03:35 AM   #35
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

"Hehe...anxious for more blood, eh? Well...if I am am not mistaken...didn't a guy ride in on a black dragon? Do you suppose he has made it alive through the tower, and does he lurk somewhere? If you want another game...play like a cat and catch that mouse"!

[ 05-03-2002, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-03-2002, 09:44 AM   #36
Neb
Account deleted by Request

"Enjoyable suggestion.... I shall see about locating this fellow and ending his life as soon as possible." Neb ran off to search for any intruders. His familiar remained with Larry, whom it liked.
Old 05-03-2002, 11:55 AM   #37
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry looked out the window as Neb left the room. There was a cool, moist breeze that told the story of a rain just ending only minutes ago. He breathed it in, and enjoyed how it brought back memories of a different life, long ago. Catching himself daydreaming, Larry regained his composure and spoke into the winds, knowing that it was Cyril's spy.

"Come for me, now...you that makes arrows to slay me. You who hides in the mists while I have your two messengers hostage. They will not leave the dungeon alive, and it will be upon your brow...for you sent them to me alone. Face me, Wind-maker. face me and your death, that this may be settled. Nobody opposes me in my forum."

Larry stepped back from the window and began to weather-proof his tower. All windows were magically sealed as stone grew through them to close them up. Only one passageway into the tower existed. The front gate. Larry then went down to the second floor and awoke the Bone Spawn. Then, going to the third floor, he began setting up a few things there as well. Finally returning to his throne room and feeling hardly any pain in his shoulder now...he waited for the fireworks to begin.

Thinking about it for a minute and realizing he was bored, Larry walked over to the cage where he held his prisoner and spat at him.

"Hey??? Ain't you dead, yet? What's a guy gotta do to get the point across? Hehehehe"

[ 05-03-2002, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-03-2002, 01:00 PM   #38
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Waking up , as if from the best, most fulfilling sleep of his life madman was in a comfortable sqaushy soft bed...........mmmmmmmmmmmm this is the life.. i wonder who won the battle, it was then the smell hit him , madman wondered what could be producing such a rank stench? worse even than his own? madman sat up and looked at his bed curiously....he had fallen asleep inside the dragon and currently lay in a nice big pile of its recently departed dragon droppings......ewww
shaking his head he arose ''shudder...but i wonder what happened here who won? or does the battle rage on?....seems quiet...
Old 05-03-2002, 01:30 PM   #39
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Within and outside the Tower

The One Who Mods is alone now but for his victim and it is time for the message to be delivered. A large owl flies silently into the throne room a drops a metal cylinder onto the stone floor. As the shrill notes of metal striking stone ring through the room, the bird turns and in the same swift silence of its arrival flies back to the shadow filled halls of the tower.

Within the cylinder is a page taken from a book which tells the tale of one tortured for his defiance of the power and authority of Olympian Zeus. The Greek of its words is that spoken more than two millennia in the past and in its speaking of an ancient and foolish act of resistance it provides the words with which to describe another:

Prometheus: Yes, to my friends I am pitiable to see.
Chorus: Did you perhaps go further than you have told us?
Prometheus: I caused mortals to cease foreseeing doom.
Chorus: What cure did you provide them with against that sickness?
Prometheus: I placed in them blind hopes.
Chorus: That was a great gift you gave to men.
Prometheus: Besides this, I gave them fire.

[*]from Prometheus Bound by Aeschylus

As the One Who Mods reads the ancient words, clouds and wind stir again into movement and the rains begin to fall once more around the tower. And with a silent relentlessness the grasses continue their encroaching movement to the very edge of the moat and its dead monsters bearing the quiet defiance of life to the doorstep of death.
Old 05-03-2002, 01:40 PM   #40
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry read the letter aloud, stopped, and threw it to the ground. Looking over at the dying pitiful man that was once a mightly paladin, he said...

"What does he think this tower is, having a damned owl deliver messages! This isn't the Damned Hogwarts School of Magic, and I ain't damned Harry Potter! Can you beleive this guy???"

The dying prisoner said nothing.

"What's the matter, rat got your tongue?"

Larry spoke a few simple words, "venga ratón a servirme"...and a rat appeared. Larry smirked as it sneaked over to the man's cage and climbed inside, looking for a tongue to get for itself, like the master had ordered.
Closed Thread