Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 09:39 PM   #31
AliCat
Drow Warrior

Dexter,

Pardonnez-moi pour cet pauvre essai d'ecrire en Francais. Vous n'etes pas le seul individu qui peut ecrire ou parler en Francais, mais cet forum est pour la plupart ecrit en Anglais. Vous voyez que ma Francais est plus rouille!
Bienvenu au forum et Wizards and Warriors!

That said, to reintroduce myself, I'm 33, female, and live in Virginia, USA. My RPG experience is exceedingly limited, but I enjoy this game and am on my sixth or seventh time through, at this point.

Cheers, all!
AliCat
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 09:41 PM   #32
Moni

Dexter,
Welcome to the forum!!
Je parle tres petite francais.
That's about it LOL ; )
: )
Oh yeah, and my name haha
Monique Renault

Ali, Tres bon, ma ami!

P.S. I am a 39 yr old female residing in Texas.
My first encounter with RPG's was the first Wizardry game that I played on my son's Nintendo. I have been hooked ever since.
: )

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 03-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 03-07-2001).]
Old 03-19-2001, 09:07 PM   #33
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Back to the top for the newcomers to the Forum! Tell us a little bit about yourselves.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 09:23 PM   #34
Gaius Pecunia
Dungeon Master

Male, 28, trial lawyer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA. Addicted to role playing Dungeons & Dragons since The Bard's Tale on my Commodore 128 (my friends with the Commordore 64 were jealous). My wife and I play together.

Gaius Pecunia (screen name from the Latin for "G Money")
Gaius Pecunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 12:00 AM   #35
Dragonz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

29yr male from colorado here. LIke most others, I started with Bard's Tale on the Commodore 128! And it's probably still my favorite. Played a couple of the zorks, icluding the text based one as well as the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text game. Most recently were the M&M 6-8 ( 8 was a big disappointment). Discovered W&W by the box cover and just had to get it.

Just a theory on the age thing, and I may be wrong so no offense to anyone, but it seems maybe the younger generations are more into the high graphics and gore than game content, story line and critical thinking of most crpg's. just a thought.
Dragonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 02:25 AM   #36
Traute
The Magister

Female, 57 years old, from Hamburg, Germany. Any CRPG, the M&M series,
Exile 1-3, the Fallouts, ROA 1-3, with Wiz 6/7 and now W&W my all time
favorites.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 03:00 AM   #37
Druadic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm a male, 30 in Illinois. I've played EVERYTHING from the Apple // systems to today. Love Neuromancer, Wasteland, Out Of This World, Wizardry, Deus Ex and even the old Deathlord from the Apple //. STILL WAITING for this to come out on the PC from the Apple. I thought Ultima was tough. It was child's play compared to Deathlord!

Druadic
Druadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 03:09 AM   #38
Druadic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Good to see younger players discovering RPG's! Welcome Dexter and please enjoy this forum as all the folks here have made me feel! What a nice thing to see when a younger person comes onto the scene! Hope you're enjoying the game Dexter!

Sincerely;
Druadic

PS: I've played ALL the RPG's on the Apple //: Legacy of the Ancients, Questron, Questron II, Wizard's Crown, Shard Of Spring (one of my favs), Demon's Winter, Wasteland, ALL THE WIZARDRIES, ALL THE MIGHT AND MAGICS and over 500 more. Yep, I've finished almost all of those games. LOVED The Bard's Tale series. Anyone ever played Centuari Alliance by Michael Cranford, the guy who wrote The Bard's Tale? GREAT GAME on 15 disks. It was a toughie! Let's not forget those other classics: Dragon Wars, Escape From Hell, Buck Rogers: Countdown To Doomsday, Buck Rogers: Matrix Cubed, The D&D Gold Box Series, Prophecy Of The Shadow, Dark Heart Of Uukrul, Elvira I and II and another of my favorites Waxworks by Acoolade. Whew! What a GREAT time I've had. Anyone of you played any of these of did I miss any you have played and I didn't post?

Peace all!

Druadic
Druadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 12:46 PM   #39
Zoric
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all
I'm a 40 year old male born in Singapore, but now living in Bangkok, Thailand. My first experience with RPGs and CRPGs was in university in Denver (I know, I got a very late start), but since then I've tried to play every fantasy CRPG I could get my hands on. I've played the Ultimas 1 through 7, Wizardry 1-3 and 5-7 (passed on 4 - didn't like the idea of playing as Werdna), all the D&D gold box series, Questron 1 & 2, Phantasy, Diablo, Bards Tale and a lot of other games that you've mentioned on this thread. By far, I think W&W is one of the best games I've played and the people on this forum are some of the most helpful and patient people I've seen on any forum. Keep up the great work.

Zoric
Zoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 01:31 PM   #40
catzenpewters
Manshoon

What a neat poll! I'm 29, female, and from Victoria, BC, Canada (west coast). I've been playing computer games ever since my first PC (remember those? no hard drives, those massive 5 1/4" disks). I first got into RPGs with the rogue-like games (anyone else remember those). In fact, I still play one of them, called ADOM. It's an awesome game even if there are no graphics. Now THAT would be a cool game to see stepped up into one of these first person graphical RPGs.

Neat to see someone from Russia listed. My brother is currently living in Estonia and is married to a Russian woman.
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote