Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2002, 09:43 AM   #31
Grimslade
Drow Warrior

I love Starcraft...even though I still can't beat Brood War, and even though RTS games frustrate me.

I think this is just an easter egg too.

I'm still not sure about 3d graphics and RTS games. 3d graphics perform well for FPS, flight sims, racing games and 3rd person shooters, but I don't think they are suitable for RTS and RPG games. Sure, they are pretty, but they just don't work in these situations. There is a place for 3d, and a place where 3d fails, and where 2d is more appropriate IMHO.
Old 07-21-2002, 10:02 AM   #32
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Star craft rocks! Protoss and dark templar all the way! and my little teleporty ships. MWHAHHA! beam in dark templar and slay the zerg! with of course, archons, and big flyly ships... hehe. I was *really* frustrated with the ending. anyone else felt that way?
Old 07-21-2002, 10:03 AM   #33
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

IMO I dont think thay would have thrown in the Easter Egg at the end of Warcraft 3 if they didnt intend to make it.

Wasnt this the same guys that made BG2? or licensed it? Something like that.

Remember how they included the NWN movie in BG2? Well, they DID go on to make NWN. Easter Egg? Maybe. Teaser? Definitely [img]smile.gif[/img]

JMO but I think its gonna get done. The only question is when.

As far as the Blizzard reputation goes, I dont buy games just because they have the Blizzard name on them. I buy games because of other peoples opinions/reviews, but never strictly on the company name.

There is only one company that effects my purchase and thats SIERRA. They make the most annoying CRAP games. Others may disagree with that part but thats my 2c
Old 07-21-2002, 10:09 AM   #34
uss
20th Level Warrior

YES!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE Starcraft! The story was just sooooooo goood !
I finished WC III but i didn`t do it with "hard" so i think ill play it again [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 07-21-2002, 10:11 AM   #35
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I hated brrod war! Damn karigan! damn all zerg! and Damn those stupid protoss who killed Tasadar! Dark templar forever! mwhahah! lol., I just loved the game, waht about u other guys, who did u like the most?

oh yeah one other thing... I *am* going to kill daram or whatever his name is... and I'm gonna destroy those protoss/zerg creatures... hehe. But first I'm gonna use my dark archon to possess the drones... like I did with the zerg and humans... *evil grin*

[ 07-21-2002, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 07-21-2002, 10:17 AM   #36
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

I hate to shoot down everybody's hopes right now (and I am a huge SC freak btw) but just because that cutscene was inserted into W3 doesn't mean that SC2 is coming out. It was just some novelty that those crazy Blizzard staff decided to put into the ending credits. Everybody knows that Blizzard is currently hard at work on World of Warcraft, so if Starcraft 2 is in the works then we can expect an announcement shortly after the release of the latter.
Old 07-21-2002, 10:46 AM   #37
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Rimjaw:
I hate to shoot down everybody's hopes right now (and I am a huge SC freak btw) but just because that cutscene was inserted into W3 doesn't mean that SC2 is coming out. It was just some novelty that those crazy Blizzard staff decided to put into the ending credits. Everybody knows that Blizzard is currently hard at work on World of Warcraft, so if Starcraft 2 is in the works then we can expect an announcement shortly after the release of the latter.
Apparently someone besides me isn't too ecstatic at the mere thought of SC2 to realize this. Glad to see that there's someone else with sense in this thread [img]tongue.gif[/img]

As for 3D graphics in RPG's and RTS games..... It's great, in my opinion.

In RTS games it adds an extra element of strategy when high ground and such is included, oh and it looks damn cool, too

In RPG's it looks a lot cooler and it allows for such lovely things as flying enemies, remember BG2? Wow, a dragon that doesn't fly.... Then WTF does it have wings?!?! A REAL dragon would've just kept to the air and fried the party unless they'd had some kickass ranged weapons and spells.

I prefer 3D RPG's and RTS games to 2D ones, not to say that there aren't any good 2D ones. I just think that the ones made with 3D have so far been better a lot of the time. Like Earth 2150, Morrowind, Warcraft III, Wizardry 8, Warzone 2100 and such. Of course there ARE sucky 3D RTS and RPG games, but there are sucky 2D RTS and RPG games as well.