Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2002, 02:58 AM   #31
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by T/-/alali:
Who here besides me is addicted to hot foods? HMMMMMM?
I guess I'll have to join the club...
Old 09-21-2002, 03:02 AM   #32
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

And Moni, I was just about to mention Habaneros and then saw your reply... I used to make a homemade hotsauce for chicken wings with them at the rest I used to work in and one day I was stuck bartending and working as the cook... Was chopping one up and went out, poured a couple drinks and then rubbed my eyes to get something out of them... YEEEEEOOOOOWWWWTCHHHH! I was blind for about ten minutes, even after running water over my eyes. They're actually rated 1000 times higher than jabaneros on the spice rating charts...
Old 09-21-2002, 10:04 AM   #33
Moni

OUCH!
The day I took the seeds from the one I dried out I touched the filter of a cigarette and burned my tongue when I licked my lips after lighting it. I felt the heat on my lips too. HOT STUFF!

Old 09-21-2002, 06:26 PM   #34
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

I'm gonna have to try those now. They sound so.... GOOD
Old 09-21-2002, 07:01 PM   #35
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I love hot foods but wont eat a habanero unless maybe its diced into a large pot of chili lol. I ate one a last month. I thought it was something else since it was orange yet. Big mistake! I played a prank on my best buddy a few years ago. He was extremely errr intoxocated and I asked him if he wanted a cherry tomato. It was actually a habanero [img]tongue.gif[/img] He spent the next 15 minutes with hid mouth under the faucet letting it run through his mouth. I cant remember how he got even but he did of course! Always a battle of pranks amongst my buddies
Old 09-21-2002, 08:29 PM   #36
Moni

LoA,
That was downright cruel!!! Esp letting him run water through his mouth! Water does NADA for the heat...you need to cool your mouth down, use dairy products...milk or cheese...if you want to test it, you don't have to burn your mouth first, just melt some cheese onto half a flour tortilla and put hot sauce over the whole thing...a bite of the melted cheese side=tolerably and tastefully spicy, a bite of the cheese-free side=HOT! Now take another bite ofthe cheese side to cool your mouth back down.

Take notes because there is a test on Friday. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And don't ever do that again! esp to a drunk!

EDIT:Oh yeah, for you hot sauce lovers...I get to bring home some tiny (pea-size) hotter than habenero pepper plants tomorrow [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I forget what they are called though and don't know WHAT I'll do with them, other than admire the pretty white blossoms maybe LOL.

[ 09-21-2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 09-22-2002, 12:51 AM   #37
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
OUCH!
The day I took the seeds from the one I dried out I touched the filter of a cigarette and burned my tongue when I licked my lips after lighting it. I felt the heat on my lips too. HOT STUFF!
Por little Moni you should stop that smoking then lol because it can be really hot sometimes if you do that every time lol [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2002, 12:58 AM   #38
Moni

LMAO Megabot! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I'll stop smoking if you do! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-22-2002, 02:47 AM   #39
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
LoA,
That was downright cruel!!! Esp letting him run water through his mouth! Water does NADA for the heat...you need to cool your mouth down, use dairy products...milk or cheese...if you want to test it, you don't have to burn your mouth first, just melt some cheese onto half a flour tortilla and put hot sauce over the whole thing...a bite of the melted cheese side=tolerably and tastefully spicy, a bite of the cheese-free side=HOT! Now take another bite ofthe cheese side to cool your mouth back down.

Take notes because there is a test on Friday. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And don't ever do that again! esp to a drunk!

EDIT:Oh yeah, for you hot sauce lovers...I get to bring home some tiny (pea-size) hotter than habenero pepper plants tomorrow [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I forget what they are called though and don't know WHAT I'll do with them, other than admire the pretty white blossoms maybe LOL.
Actually, running water doesn't do nada... It actually intensifies the burn...

Although actually I love habaneros... There are two places here that serve really good wings and they both use habanero sauces as their hottest... I devour them, but the first time I got them they were still in the plastic bag, tied all tight, and my mother was about 15 feet away and her eyes were watering...
Old 09-22-2002, 12:10 PM   #40
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Kormar the Wanderer:
Actually, running water doesn't do nada... It actually intensifies the burn...

Although actually I love habaneros... There are two places here that serve really good wings and they both use habanero sauces as their hottest... I devour them, but the first time I got them they were still in the plastic bag, tied all tight, and my mother was about 15 feet away and her eyes were watering...
Erp, yeah! Correct wording should have been water does NADA for killing the heat. Thanks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Your poor mom LOL!