Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you a vegetarian, vegan or otherwise?
Yes 8 16.00%
No 41 82.00%
Eat meat rarely 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #31
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Default Re: How Many IW'ers are Vegetarians?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
I've been having a hankering for sushi for several days now... my wife and I are planning dinner out Sunday night at a local Japanese restaurant where they've got traditional low tables... leg holes cut in the floor for us Americans who may not be able to fit under there easily

So yes... I've had it. Yummmmm.....
I didn't even mean sushi, there's too much dressing involved with that, and if you're not careful with the wasabi, you won't even taste what you're eating. I was thinking more of raw herring, either salted or sour.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:10 PM   #32
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
I didn't even mean sushi, there's too much dressing involved with that, and if you're not careful with the wasabi, you won't even taste what you're eating. I was thinking more of raw herring, either salted or sour.
Johnny!!!!! Dude! Now you are talking. Through on it a slice of onion over a brotchen, add a liter mug of brew and damn, one could be walking down the midway at the local beir-fest! Zwo bratwurst mit senf und zwei beir gefallen. Ein fur mich und eins fur meinen freund, Johnny! Damnit man, I might have to catch a hop (space available) to Deutschland!
All I've got is a sad attempt of a brat, some extremely fat filled resemblance from "Johnsonville" and they call it a "Stadium Brat". Grilled as a beer brat it's okay, but the kick of "senf" is what is really missing. And some cheap American beer. The Class VI was holding out on me. We can get real "Erdinger Weisse", "Guinness" "Grolsch" and a limited few others from there, but they only order just enough to piss everybody off. Ft. Knox may have the gold, but it surely doesn't have any idea how much real beer to get. So I'm stuck drinking a knock off 'Lager' from some small brewery with a historical name.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:39 PM   #33
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I use wasabi sparingly... much as I love spicy stuff, I have a healthy respect for it

As for herring, no thanks. I prefer my fish without bones... at least, in my mind.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:02 AM   #34
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion

I've actually been a vegetarian my entire life. The first question I get when I say that is, "Oh, did your parents raise you that way?" No, my parents are the hugest carnivores on the planet. But they tried to give me meat, and I'd just spit it out. And so it went my entire life. A benefit of this, of course, is that it's easy for me to do it- so many people tell me that they tried to do it, but they missed meat so much. On the opposite end of the spectrum is me, who feels no hunger or craving when viewing a steak or anything like that. Oh well...

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:24 AM   #35
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

I'm a 'Vegaquarian"! Eat fish and seafood but nothing from the land or air. No moral reasons attached, quite simply I get sick from eating them. Stopped in 2000 and it's been amazing how different I've felt since.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:57 AM   #36
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
I use wasabi sparingly... much as I love spicy stuff, I have a healthy respect for it

As for herring, no thanks. I prefer my fish without bones... at least, in my mind.
The bones are already removed by the shopkeepers, they can do that very swift, it's almost scary. If the bones wouldn't be removed, i'm not sure i'd eat it either, i hate those sharp little things, you can choke on them.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:00 AM   #37
Thoran
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
Johnny!!!!! Dude! Now you are talking. Through on it a slice of onion over a brotchen, add a liter mug of brew and damn, one could be walking down the midway at the local beir-fest! Zwo bratwurst mit senf und zwei beir gefallen. Ein fur mich und eins fur meinen freund, Johnny! Damnit man, I might have to catch a hop (space available) to Deutschland!
All I've got is a sad attempt of a brat, some extremely fat filled resemblance from "Johnsonville" and they call it a "Stadium Brat". Grilled as a beer brat it's okay, but the kick of "senf" is what is really missing. And some cheap American beer. The Class VI was holding out on me. We can get real "Erdinger Weisse", "Guinness" "Grolsch" and a limited few others from there, but they only order just enough to piss everybody off. Ft. Knox may have the gold, but it surely doesn't have any idea how much real beer to get. So I'm stuck drinking a knock off 'Lager' from some small brewery with a historical name.

Zwei fur mich.... my friend can get his own!

You don't need to fly to Deutchland to get good German food. Up here there are a LOT of German immegrants, and great German Brat's can be had at a number of local shops. There's nothing like a fat Brat covered in Kraut! For really great beer I've got to drive to Rochster (Beers of the World)... but it can be had.

Last edited by Thoran; 08-25-2007 at 09:04 AM.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #38
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Vegetables aren't dinner. Vegetables are what dinner eats.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #39
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attalus View Post
Vegetables aren't dinner. Vegetables are what dinner eats.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:55 PM   #40
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I'll eat anything. Even humans too if I got the chance. Anyone willing to sacrifice themself so that I can satisfy my curiosity?

Here's a thought, can anyone survive purely by eating meat alone?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote