Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2002, 06:51 PM   #31
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, I'm the same person here and in r/l, but online I'm more me than in r/l, whether it be my true personality or a mask, unless that is my personality.
Make of that what you will. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2002, 07:01 PM   #32
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am the same crazy guy in chat rooms as in the forum and real life i am almost insane haha
Old 08-25-2002, 07:08 PM   #33
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Maybe if in real life you could see what you are about to say before to "hit" the send button we'd all be a little different!
Old 08-25-2002, 07:14 PM   #34
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by john:
Maybe if in real life you could see what you are about to say before to "hit" the send button we'd all be a little different!
That's a good point. Although I think that I have a sort of mental submit button in my head lol. Online I often think rude things about posts but don't comment, offline I do the same. I don't tend to be argumentative in real life except with people I'm very close to, and I'm the same online; I'll think something but not say anything. Later I might regret it but what can you do? People I chat with know I'm always up for a good stoush, but on the forum less so because I'm not so close to everyone here. Plus both online and offline I work better one-on-one than with a lot of people coming from all sides. So I'm pretty much the same online as offline [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2002, 07:18 PM   #35
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
And stay in between the dotted white lines. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by Piestrider:
NOT FUNNY! I WAS FREAKING OUT THIS MORNING BECAUSE OF THAT! luckily, it happened while i was driving to church instead of sneaking out to go partying or something. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] You might not want to admit to that here. Azred points at Attalus and Galadria. You never know who might be reading things. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Old 08-25-2002, 09:56 PM   #36
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I am a little less abrasive online than I am IRL, but that is just because sarcasm doesnt do well in text alone.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:24 PM   #37
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I am as real in person as I can be. Frankly I don't see the need to disguise myself to be more "interesting" or something else (no pun intended).
Old 08-25-2002, 11:35 PM   #38
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

I guess I'm the lone person on IW who is very different here than in real life. In real life I'm very, very shy. The kind of person who doesn't usually speak unless spoken too. I do have a job that requires me to spend a lot of time with the public but I'm always greatful for my quiet time when it's all said and done. I'm much more open with people here than I am in person. In real life I seldom let people know anything about me, like the fact that I'm shy. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-25-2002, 11:41 PM   #39
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
In all honesty I am slightly more flamboyant in the forums. For the one reason that I have the time to stop and think out my response, or I can just fly off the handle and not have to fear a face to face rebutle. When it really comes down to it I'm just a good-looking 18yr. old with the life outlook of a kid.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 08-25-2002, 11:49 PM   #40
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

I've only met a couple of people in r/l that I met on-line. One wasn't as nice as he seemed on-line or over the phone, the other one is even nicer than he is on-line. As for myself, I still hold back until I get more familiar with people but am a little wilder when I'm playing on-line cribbage. Even if I seem quiet to most people when first getting to know each other, they eventually learn how preverted and strange I really can be.