Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2001, 06:10 PM   #31
Grojlach
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Yep. Over the Atlantic Ocean and all.

At least I guess so? It's not just a sporting match is it? I mean, when Uruguayans, even Uruguayan football players arrive, they are treated with repsect and courtesy. We love sports.

Not so in Montivideo, where our lads were SPAT ON!!! and physically threatened???!!! By all accounts even the customs officers gave them an unecessarily hard time.

Hmmmmmmm

Did I wake up on planet earth?

Oh that's right. It's in the vicinity of the nation that had a player murdered because he scored an own goal.

Escobar I believe.

Psychos. They're all CRAZY! YES ALL OF THEM.

Now try to focus on that feeling, and multiply it by ten. Then you will probably understand what the dutch had to endure when they met Argentinia in the World Championships Finale '78 in Argentinia. Trust me, if they actually won that match (they almost did...), both the dutch supporters and the players would have been lynched by the Argentinian soccer "fans". Probably one of the most embarassing finales ever played in the history of the WC Soccer, mostly because of the extremely hostile environment. Or perhaps it just seems that way to me because I'm dutch, who knows.