Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 09:29 AM   #31
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
I agree with Johnny. I smoke 25 a day, and am quite happy smoking.

But when I did give up, I gave up. No hassle, no patches etc. After 6months, I decided to start again.

And, we pay £4.40 (GBP) for a pack of 20.
I'm curious as to how and why you started again? Was it because it was still niggling at you, and you decided, what the hell, I like it, so I'l start again. Or was it more like, I haven't smoked for 6 months, I think I'l start again.

To me the first seems more logical. Obviously, this option would indicate you quit, but the addiction hadn't left, and you decided to start again because you liked it (which others may see as you giving in to the addiction).

Just a point of view, to show the other side of the debate.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:07 AM   #32
Lavindathar
Harper

I started again, because I enjoyed it, and preferred it whilst I was smoking.

Thats the only reason really...

Plus, smoking is probably healthier for me, as I cut down on my joints when I smoke... [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
Old 06-11-2005, 10:33 AM   #33
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:

Plus, smoking is probably healthier for me, as I cut down on my joints when I smoke... [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
But joints are better [img]tongue.gif[/img] , and not really any worse for you. A J a day keeps the doctor away
Old 06-11-2005, 01:49 PM   #34
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
quote:

But joints are better [img]tongue.gif[/img] , and not really any worse for you. A J a day keeps the doctor away [/QUOTE]When I said healthy, I didn't mean "healthy".

I mean, being monged every hour of the day isn't healthy. I never get anything done.

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2005, 04:37 AM   #35
Bumbus
Dungeon Master

As someone who has only tried cigarettes once in his life; can you tell me what it is exactly you find enjoyable about smoking cigarettes? Is it that unpleasant smell that goes with them? That smell that follows a smoker every where they go? Or maybe the way they turn your teeth yellow? Or is it the fact that there is a good possibility they will give you a disease that will end you life?

Just some sarcasm I don’t mean any offense. I honestly do not understand the reason people start to smoke in the first place, especially when they cost 4-5 dollars a pack. I do know it is hard to quit something once your body has become addicted to it so I can understand why so many people quit and then start back up again.

As far as the joints go…use a pipe or bong, you smoke less and it tastes better [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img]

Oh, since this is my first post I would like to say hello to everyone who reads it.

Hello. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2005, 05:42 AM   #36
Lavindathar
Harper

Welcome to the board Bumbus...

Not a fan of pipes, but Bongs are quite regular anyway....

Right, I smoke because I enjoy it. Thats the best answer I can give you mate. The taste and the sensation....

They only make your teeth yellow if you don't brush your teeth...

Somepeople like the smell of a burning cigerette...

Use deodorant to get rid of the following smell!