Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2003, 05:36 PM   #31
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
No cricket talk - why ever would that be o double donut 7 - are you a tad concerned that your mob could well be on for a thrashing today .

And that guy in the darts - he didn't just win a world championship last year - he won TWO world championships - not like you to be getting your facts wrong buddy - you're normally sharper than that .
Two, when was the second ?. I only know of two, and Phil Taylor won one of them.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:24 PM   #32
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
Two, when was the second ?. I only know of two, and Phil Taylor won one of them.
Oh dear - not you too - shakes head in disbelief (not unlike the way I just shook it when Adam Gilchrist got given out for bat before wicket). In the professional / super league that Phil plays in, there are I believe 4 world championship events. Don't know exactly how many there are in that other federation or collective that our guy competes in, but last year he won TWO.

Just not like these pair to make such ordinary mistakes - my faith is shattered
Old 01-10-2003, 06:57 PM   #33
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Just as a litle proof,I cut an excerpt fram my September post entitled "Lightning strikes twice [img]smile.gif[/img] "

Quote:
By Davros:
Yes, once again I am proud to report that Australia has another world champion :

AUSTRALIAN darts ace Tony David is a double world champion after beating all before him in a huge new competition in Holland - dubbed 'the Dutch Embassy'.

The likeable Queenslander proved his amazing display at the Embassy last January was far from a one-hit wonder when he annihilated opponent Tony O'Shea 6-0 in the final of the first ever World Darts Trophy.

O'Shea had been in blistering form all week - hitting a maximum 170 check-out - but David was as cool in Holland as he was at Frimley Green's Lakeside at the beginning of the year when he defeated Mervyn King to take the top prize.

Around 15,000 Dutch darts fanatics witnessed the breathtaking World Darts Trophy - with just about all of them praying for a home victory. Their wishes looked like coming true until Netherland's hero and two times Embassy king Raymond van Barneveld was knocked out by O'Shea in a nailbiting semi-final encounter that went 5-4 in favour of the Englishman.

Just gets you all misty eyed don't it .

Hey Donut, I thought your boys were good at this sport - a 6-blot result is quite a whipping, wouldn't you say?
By the way - 6-blot is the same as 6-ZIP [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2003, 07:12 PM   #34
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Must've been a biggie, didn't warrant a mention here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.dfadarts.org/Profile%20Tony%20David.html
Old 01-11-2003, 06:49 AM   #35
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
Must've been a biggie, didn't warrant a mention here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.dfadarts.org/Profile%20Tony%20David.html
Hmm - that profile looks to be a bit out of date doesn't it - maybe they haven't been dilligent in keeping it updated [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Anyway - lets talk cricket - how can a team put on 160 runs for an opening stand, and end their innings with front line batsmen to burn (only 5 out), yet fail to reach a rather modest target. Were your guys playing for a draw ?
Old 01-11-2003, 07:25 AM   #36
Donut
Jack Burton

Guess what! There's a seventh World Darts Championship. It's known as the Enfield Embassy and it's held in my local pub and I won it last tuesday!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-11-2003, 07:36 AM   #37
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Was the prize a pet doggie, and is today his birthday?