Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2002, 07:46 PM   #21
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Sorry, Minsc is still my most hated NPC. He was damned annoying in BG1 as soon as I did the Dynaheir quest, I dropped his sorry but.

Imagine my disgust at actually having to save his arse!!! Wonder what Minscina is doing....(mmm girlde of Gender.....)
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 11:01 PM   #22
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

"I am pleased at how far this ill-concieved group as come. I would not have thought it possible." -the Lawful Good Anomen, believing that our 20 Rep was entirely due to him

"I hope this is not a sign of things to come. We must strive to maintain balance." -Jaheira, getting irritated that we've had so much success in fighting the very things she encouraged us to fight

Which is worse? Aaaaargh, I wish the Silence 15' Radius spell worked to silence their *.WAV files as well......
Old 06-14-2002, 05:41 PM   #23
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Oh, I can feel everyone's pain! And to think it really is psychological. There is no way the human race is ready for Star Trek's holodeck.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 06:28 PM   #24
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hmmm, well Jaheira was very indendant, headstrong, opinionated, said exactly what she felt and meant, had an ego the size of Russia and sure, Khalid was a rather weak willed man so she ran roughshod over him. My brief definition above is an overly simplified but fairly accurate representation of what successful, powerful men are often like throughout history. Today, Jaheira would probably be what would be described as a strong woman who has broken the shackles of a so called superior male mentality. I personally like a strong woman and it seems I am one of the few who always like having Jaheira around. [img]smile.gif[/img] Even with the romances in BG2 we had 3 classes of women. Aerie, the young, whining, almost child. Vic, the haughty, naughty, wicked city woman that can be soooo attractive and alluring. And Jaheira who is a better representation of what a more mature relationship would be like.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 11:06 PM   #25
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellagar:
Well in all honesty I always enjoyed having Jaheira with the group in BGI and BGII as well. As for Anomen, heh, he's almost the comic relief in the group. In ToB Minsc asks him if he could join the Order of the Radiant Heart, along with Boo of course. In all respects I wouldn't drop, whack, hack, burn, incenerate, imprison, or melt Anomen and certainly not Jaheira. Both add a bit of character and life to the game.
On a side note, for people who dislike them so much...good lord, I hear them mentioned quite a lot. heh
I have to agree with you there. Every character may have their 'annoying' points, but that's what makes them seem more alive.

I don't want a character that's so loveable that I could never get a little annoyed by them.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2002, 01:32 PM   #26
HaiAaron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm... which is worse. Well I hate Jaheira: balance, we must have balance... shut the **** up!!! And here we have dear Anomen. Can you say stuck up the @$$!? At least he's funny! What is it now!?
HaiAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 08:06 AM   #27
eLLithid
The Magister

None..!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2002, 08:34 AM   #28
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

hmm.... as a NG elven ranger... in all honesty, I could never blast Jaheria, even the one in BG1, after all, she IS supposed to be 'my' guardian after all.... Anomen can go strait to hell, wiht pleasure... or maybe not... leave him in the pocket plane... when you leave it for the last time would be unishment enough... oh yes, I *HATE* Anomen...
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 01:13 AM   #29
Chaos Engine
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I dunno man...

I LoVeD jaheiras voice in BG.

'Yes oh omnipotent leader type person' or whatever it was she said gave me the shivers and made me want to... never mind. I love those knda accents.

Down with Anomen!
Chaos Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 01:53 AM   #30
The Jabberwocky
The Magister

Anomen. Definitely Anomen.

Jaheira was annoying in BG I, but she can't come close to Anomen. At least she has a decent voice. But Anomen? AHHHH!!! That "What is it NOW?" especially grates on my nerves.