Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 11:01 PM   #21
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

Lorath took a look around the clearing and the lake. "This is about how Jonas described it to us," he announced. Then, pointing at the object in the lake, added, "Especially if that's the supposed treasure that almost got Jan killed." He spent a couple more seconds taking in the beauty of the place, and made a note that he would have to find out what was in the lake. But that could wait until later.

"The people here might not be the most willing to help off-worlders, so you should probably be ready to dodge an attack or two, and maybe get into a scuffle." Before moving on any further he cast Armor on himself as a primary defense, but still hoped that the natives were more friendly than he expected.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #22
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
"These snake-like creatures attack from above and below." Bas pointed at a spot that showed signs of recent burrowing. "That may be why we haven't seen any animals. With such aggressive, large predators, I don't know that the animals we know could exist here."

The druid picked up a leaf from the ground and examined it closely before placing it in his backpack. He was hoping to find a parallel between the vegetation here and what was prevalent back home. Bas paused in his investigation and looked at Tamora, his brow furrowed in thought.

"What are your impressions of this place?"
Old 01-15-2007, 06:04 AM   #23
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Gan Vahnsen

“This place seems too picturesque.” Gan commented to Lorath and Anne. He had not heard Jonas' description of the area, so he was unaware of what lurked below. “I suggestion caution.”

At Lorath's words, Gan nodded grimly and added, “Be careful.”

He drew back, and notched an arrow to his bow. Even though he was better with a sword, an arrow in the eye could make all the difference in the world. He would draw melee weapons if it looked like Lorath needed a hand - or an enemy drew too close, assuming of course, an enemy emerged. Either way, he had a bad feeling about this. Anything too perfect to be true - usually was.

Edit:

I should mention that Gan is about 5'9-5'10 in height, has pale blue eyes, white-silver hair and extremely fair skin. His ears are slightly tipped, and he has the bearing of a half elf. So - slightly more slender than a human, but not as skinny as an elf. He wears leathers of brown, grey and black nd trudges around with his swords, bow, dagger and arrows.

[ 01-15-2007, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 01-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #24
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Kazilan:
Bas: "What are your impressions of this place?"
Tamora was sat on her haunches turning one of the large scales between her fingers. She had been reflecting again on how useful and accurate Jonas’ information had been.

Looking up in response to Bas’s question she smiled. “It’s wonderful. I enjoyed my travels through the forests of Angor's Haven but that was similar to my own. This is completely different. I feel like I could spend the whole of my tr... my . . . travels exploring this small patch of jungle.” Tamora seemed flustered and examined the scale more closely.

She stood up and put the scale away in a pouch at her belt. “I should track the two-footed reptile creatures but I worry about hunting them on their own territory and I don’t want to leave you alone”. The unknown creatures had been content to follow Jonas’ party and apparently tolerant (or afraid) of the settlement in the portal clearing but it could be different for a lone traveller. She knelt and studied the tracks for a moment before apparently coming to a decision.

“I think we should go quickly to the lake along Jonas’ trail to the west, find the others and see what they have learned. With your permission Learned One, once we are almost clear of the trees I will double back to see if we too are being followed.”
Old 01-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #25
dplax
Jack Burton

Anne Evasdottir

Anne breathed much more freely once they cleared the treeline...luckily whoever or whatever had been following them wasn't leaving the jungle.

"Someone or something was following us in the jungle," she said, turning to her newly-met companions. "I'd suggest we move away from the trees sooner than later."

Here in the clear, she had a chance to survey her second companion, whom she recognized as a snow elf from having met a couple of them a few months back.

"My name is Anne," she said in elven, not extending her hand, for the snow elf was holding a bow.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #26
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Gan Vahnsen

“Gan.” The half elf nodded, both to her greeting and her warning. “Acknowledged.”

[ 01-18-2007, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 01-15-2007, 07:35 PM   #27
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Bas blushed slightly at Tamora's words. "You are not the only one capable of traversing the wilderness alone. I appreciate your offer but I can make it back to the group by myself."

The druid took a few steps away before stopping himself. He shook his head, wondering if speaking with people would always be so difficult. With a look back to his companion he said, "Tamora, if I need assistance I will call out to you. Please do the same if you should need me."

Bas started off in the direction of the lake.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:01 PM   #28
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

Anne, Gan, Lorath, Bas

As the three debated their options, their unseen observers didn't seem to take the chance to pounce. Apparently they were content to watch, at least for the moment.

Just after Gan had made his statement, though, Bas slipped out of the treeline farther up the beach. His walk through the trees had been quite easy since he could follow the path that Jonas' party had carved through the undergrowth. Both he and the three others spotted each other right away, being only a hundred yards, at most, apart.

Tamora

Tamora had separated from Bas just before he had left the trees and doubled back to catch a glimpse of their pursuers, moving as stealthily through the forest as she was able.

Just as she'd given up on spotting anything and begun heading back towards Bas, she finally saw something. Crouched down near the edge of the woods, watching the group outside, was a group of reptilian humanoids. Each of them was seven foot tall and was covered in small scales the colour of spring leaves, they had slatered mud on their bodies in random patterns to better blend in with the brown colours of the jungle. They were nothing but loincloths and were armed with spears.

At a quick headcount, she saw three of them, but it was possible there were some she wasn't seeing, or other groups in the area. They occasionally whispered to each other in their own, sibilant language, but just as often they seemed to communicate with some sort of simple sign language, allowing them to remain perfectly silent while still speaking to each other.

Evon

(OOC: This is Encard's character.)

Unlike the others, the portal had presented little difficulty for Evon. He had merely stepped through it like any other doorway with no ill feeling or odd experiences, it was, in fact, slightly underwhelming.

As he arrived in the clearing, the only greeter appeared to be a young, blonde-haired man with a bandaged leg who was resting on a nearby treestump, apparently waiting for no one in particular to arrive, for he perked up when Evon showed up.

"You there!" He exclaimed, waving in an attempt to attract Evon's attention, "Yes, you, yon lad who looks like he could use a good night's sleep and should maybe consider eating some more trail rations, if you're not about to hurry off on some other errand, could I convince you to carry a message for me? I can't pay you much, but I do have a coin or two to spare, it may save lives if you can deliver it in time."

[ 01-16-2007, 03:15 AM: Message edited by: PurpleXVI ]
Old 01-16-2007, 07:30 AM   #29
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

As Tamora studied the reptile men it struck her how they seemed so alike and yet so unlike the hunting patrols that she had been part of at home. The comparison reminded her forcefully that it was unlikely the jungle dwellers welcomed these intruders onto their territory. She resolved to return to the portal sometime to warn Jonas and the other settlers there about the lizard creatures and also to try to ensure that the newcomers didn’t disturb the natives too much.

Her priority now though was to rejoin Bas and the rest of the party. She scanned the area around her carefully before slipping away through the jungle until out of range of the group and then headed for the lake hoping to rejoin Bas and find the others’ trail.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:02 AM   #30
Man Who Fights Like Woman
Manshoon

"We're being followed?" Lorath asked, as if to confirm Anne's assertion. "Then we should stay on the look-out, since they probably followed us here." He started walking toward the village again, but at a more cautious pace, occasionally stopping to glance over his shoulder for their stalkers.

When Bas broke through the treeline, he waved at him, then jogged up to greet him. "Find anything interesting?" he asked when just a few yards away.
Closed Thread