Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2003, 02:52 AM   #21
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

How depressing that a legend such as Drizzt Do'Urden should fall to some upstart godchild simply because he was too stupid to be carrying any Healing Potions. Ah, well, such is life.

Drizzt is using the "Innocent" class to ensure that you get smacked with a Reputation penalty for killing him.

And speaking of which, I'm of the opinion that swarming Drizzt with hundreds of Summons while you slowly Critical Hit him to death with ranged weapons is kinda cheesy, as it does indeed take advantage of the game's poor AI: If you were in his place, would you attack the Summons, or would you attack the spellcasters doing the Summoning? Yeah, that's what I'd do, too.

But that's just me.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:29 AM   #22
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Hmm - I wonder if you will still be a beholder, once you have reached your 4400 (or 4401) post Six

EDIT: Hmm - got the answer: "Knight of the Rose". That is from "Dragon Lance" IIRC.

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane

[ 08-14-2003, 06:07 AM: Message edited by: InsaneBane ]
Old 08-15-2003, 03:33 AM   #23
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Just to reply to Six. Until you have tried your uber-Barb against Drizzt, you will never know how well he will fare against him. Remember... people usually fight Drizzt when they are level 3-5, and Sarevock when they are maxed out.

The experience is totally different.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 09:36 PM   #24
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
How depressing that a legend such as Drizzt Do'Urden should fall to some upstart godchild simply because he was too stupid to be carrying any Healing Potions. Ah, well, such is life.

Drizzt is using the "Innocent" class to ensure that you get smacked with a Reputation penalty for killing him.

And speaking of which, I'm of the opinion that swarming Drizzt with hundreds of Summons while you slowly Critical Hit him to death with ranged weapons is kinda cheesy, as it does indeed take advantage of the game's poor AI: If you were in his place, would you attack the Summons, or would you attack the spellcasters doing the Summoning? Yeah, that's what I'd do, too.

But that's just me.
But you have to remember that Drizzt is so much more poweful that your characters are, so you will need some other form of help. I used monster summoning from the wand, completely surrounding him with monsters until I initiated the fight. And even then it was a difficult fight. Had to have my players constantly run away and use healing potions till he finally died. I think it's pretty much necessary to use the summons, and I wouldn't consider that cheese since he is extremely powerful. Besides, it's not like the summons even hit Drizzt...they just give him a target besides your butt .

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 02:47 AM   #25
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Back when this game was new, I defeated Drizzt, and without cheeze or cheating. I was too much of a noob to know how to abuse the game.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:06 PM   #26
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Am I the only person who lets the poor Drow live?

Anyway, try throwing Liia Jannath into the mix. Or does she still die in under two seconds?
Old 08-18-2003, 12:18 AM   #27
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Liia Jannath? Is that the fighter chick who tries to prove the superiority of female fighters? I think somewhere near the basilisk map. If so, she would qualify for kobold fodder.

P.S. this is not to make a slur against the idea of ladies being at the least equal to guys. Their innate superiority comes from the heart while the innate area of superiority for men(boys) comes from the muscle(some guys make this look like a bad joke) Uhh...yeah. well it's midnight and I'm working off of 8 hours of sleep in the past 48 hours so I'm starting to ramble incoherently. Hehe...sorry. I'm done now.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 12:00 PM   #28
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Liia Jannath? Is that the fighter chick who tries to prove the superiority of female fighters? I think somewhere near the basilisk map. If so, she would qualify for kobold fodder.
Liia is right next to Belt, and even a simple sneeze could turn her into chunky nuggets. Has anyone ever kept her alive?
Old 08-18-2003, 02:37 PM   #29
Sythe
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle:
quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Liia is right next to Belt, and even a simple sneeze could turn her into chunky nuggets. Has anyone ever kept her alive? [/QUOTE]I did once my first time through the game but I accomplished that only........once.