Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2004, 04:52 AM   #21
RedballUK
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
quote:
Originally posted by RedballUK:

Human Monk(1)/Cleric(6) - Currently happy with taking the Monk level to begin with. As WIS increases, both AC and spellcasting will go up.

I hope you realize you will get no AC bonus from wisdom if you wear armor. [/QUOTE]Yes I know. There doesn't seem to be all that much heavy armour laying around anyway. He's getting the bracers and rings of prot as they come along, plus he can also stealth it if needed.
RedballUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 01:39 PM   #22
Zellis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For the rouge I would multiclass to a Ranger. If you wear light enough armor you get al the evasion feats for the rouge and the two weapon style for the ranger. You also get some evasion for the ranger. All in all he's a pretty well balenced fighter.
For the paladin I would give him some wizard skills just for fun. I would leave one of the fighters alone but multiclass the other to fighter/barbarian. he'll be proficient in all melle weapons and if you wear lighter armor you get all the feats for the barbarian. and the barbarian get more life so if your dwaf is a little low on life that would be a bonus.
For the cleric the only way to go is wizard or a monk. though alot of peopl like fighter/cleric.
I would leave the wizard alon just because I like wizards. But i did once multiclass a wizard to a barbarian, sounds weird but he was really good. the bonus of life helped out alot and the rage ability helped me get out of those tight spots.
Enjoy the game
Zellis Silver Blade
Old 03-24-2004, 05:28 PM   #23
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I also tried that mix(barb/wiz), and the rage is handy, but the spelllessness is a too big downfall for me to, plus the fatigue is bad too.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:36 PM   #24
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

I think that only in the third time I played the game I could achieve the most satisfactory kind of party:
- Female Half-orc, Barbarian/Cleric of Tempus
- Female Wild-elf, Monk/Druid
- Female Human, Monk/Thief
- Male Human, Ranger
- Female Moon-Elf, Sorcerer
- Male Drow, Fighter
Krowlars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:56 PM   #25
isis1995
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I took a paladin (order Mystera) and multiclassed him with a wizard - he's one of my favourite characters. I have also multiclassed my rogue with a bard (she's 5/5 now) and I have found that I no longer really need a lot of the rogue skills (but I am only in Fell Wood). I like having the bard though. I have a wizard, druid, fighter and ranger also in my party and it is turning out OK.
isis1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 09:59 AM   #26
Raistlin Majere
Ra

btw, some races(classes?) get a multiclassing penalty. My thiefling ranger/wizard has a 20% penalty...how does it effect? Do I like get 20% less expirience?

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:04 PM   #27
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
btw, some races(classes?) get a multiclassing penalty. My thiefling ranger/wizard has a 20% penalty...how does it effect? Do I like get 20% less expirience?
That's because you must keep your classes levels between one level of each others.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:20 PM   #28
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

The favoured class comes into play here. If you're a thiefling rogue 5 wizard 10 you get no penalty because thieflings like rogues etc.