Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2003, 03:28 PM   #21
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

He obviously didnt aim for any vital organs! Just look at those bullet wounds ! He's probably def in one ear and had some skin pushed around! I've seen people with railroad spieks jamed into their knecks bigger than that and not even complaining about them [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 03:34 PM   #22
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
And here is a picture of our wonderdog;

Cute, isn't she?
Man, police have to use better judgement before they let their trigger finger slip. I'd get up and try and help an injured animal, not instantly grab for my gun, getting shot is a crappy way to be put out of your misery. After all that's happened, I know she'll be uneasy around others for awhile. Glad she came through though.

So cute [img]graemlins/dogrun.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2003, 04:51 PM   #23
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Prophet:
quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
The officer was just trigger happy I think, come on he probably thought ''Just another dog, lets test my gun if it still works.... Beng!! Owwyaaa! it still works'' stupid idiot.

If someone is hit (a human) by a car and he looks badly injured, you do not grap your 12. caliber heckler gun and shoot him in the head just because you think he is suffering and is beyond saviour, I know we can't compare a human with a dog ( I ask myself, why not?) but its the same freaking thing.. I dispise animal cruelty... and in this case it was cruelty towards an animal, whatever he was thinking.. he didn't care less about the dog (eye witnesses report he was nonanchalant and dropped the dog in the bag of his car like it was what ladyzekke already said a bag of grain!), he said he wanted to put the dog out of his misery... hmmmmm [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] ?
The cop just did what he thought was right he used his judgement, you may not agree with his choice, but can you describe what the officer saw it might have looked really worse then it was so he used his judgement. [/QUOTE] Still, he didn't made the right chose... as a police officer he should know that he should have called a vet or animal abulance.. and not put a bullet through the dogs head, even if it looked bad.. animals have rights to you know, and what about the owner of the dog, would you like it if a ordinary police men decided that your dog is in a state that it cannot be saved and gets the smart idea to execute it on the street just because he thinks (no vet or surgeon nor a medical background what so ever) that the dog is beyond saviour... my answer would be most definetly be NO.

The same example I used in my previous post, if a human is in pain and he may not survive you do not I repeat do not put a bullet in its head right on the street, you will try everything to save him/her.. not choose the easy way and blow his/her head off, right?

So why didn't he bother to do the same thing with the dog? call a vet or an animal ambulance and see what there can be done to save the dog, but no he picked the easy way and got his gun un-holsterd and shot the dog through its head (luckely he needs some aiming prectice)
Old 04-24-2003, 05:06 PM   #24
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Annatar:
The same example I used in my previous post, if a human is in pain and he may not survive you do not I repeat do not put a bullet in its head right on the street, you will try everything to save him/her.. not choose the easy way and blow his/her head off, right?
I've got a feeling that someone will say a human isn't an animal, so no one would shoot him to put him out of his misery, but I do support your point. You just don't put a bullet in an animal's head if it looks to be in pain, help it and make sure it can live before making rash decisions. They ought to make a law for this.

[ 04-24-2003, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 04-24-2003, 05:17 PM   #25
StigTC

It's the whole mercy killing discussion all over again. Why should humans be any different than dogs or horses or the like.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
Old 04-24-2003, 05:57 PM   #26
SomeGuy
Unicorn

That's a pretty amazing dog. I'm glad she survived. That's a miracle that she survived.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi