Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2003, 04:37 PM   #21
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by mistral4543:
I've started PnP roleplaying, and it's definitely more enjoyable than online roleplaying [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] The interaction, especially wisecracks, are spontaneous and you tend to be more creative as a group.

In my current group, we have 2 games going and we play each on alternate fortnights. One of us knows the rules at the back of his head and even pointed out the DM's errors on a few occasions. That's partly why I hesitate to DM a game for now; there's just so much to absorb and remember [img]smile.gif[/img]
God, I miss it...Don't have the time - or the people anymore. One hard thing to do is find people in your area who RPG, a harder thing to do is to stay in contact especially when you're older and not in school no more.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:39 PM   #22
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Yea, but have you considered people could actually lie about their dice rolls? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
They can do that anyway - thats what the board is there for - the screen in front of the dice rolls? Or don't you use that?
Old 10-19-2003, 09:22 AM   #23
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
God, I miss it...Don't have the time - or the people anymore. One hard thing to do is find people in your area who RPG, a harder thing to do is to stay in contact especially when you're older and not in school no more.
I guess I'm just lucky to have come across a colleague who is so into this stuff. We played a few games about a year ago, then the original group (comprising working adults) disbanded because (i) he got married and his wife gave birth to baby girl; (ii) another lady migrated to the UK; and (iii) one guy got too caught up with work and family. Earlier this year, my colleague set up a different group (again comprising working adults) of which 4 are single and 2 married. We try our best to meet up, but sometimes the sessions do get postponed due to other commitments. I am taking each session as it comes and enjoying every minute of it
Old 10-19-2003, 10:22 AM   #24
Pikachu_PM
The Magister

Find a woman...start making babies. In 10 years, if you 'guide' them right, you'll have your very own D&D group made up of all your minions...err, i mean children...and their friends. Its a long term strategy, I know, but doesn't it feel nice to know that one of these days you will get to play again?