Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2002, 08:30 AM   #21
Lord Shield

I concur. Killing/harming him won't bring the old lady back to life. Much more positive to try and heal him if anything

Old 08-04-2002, 08:35 AM   #22
Waldie
Dungeon Master

I was reading about it yesterday, its quit scary
Old 08-04-2002, 08:36 AM   #23
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Waldie:
I was reading about it yesterday, its quit scary
i don't see why to be honest. The idea there are nutters out there is hardly a new concept

Put it down to the news finding a shocking story and making it their prime article so they can sell the news. THAT I find just as disgusting

Old 08-04-2002, 08:46 AM   #24
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I think that was sick. Unfortuanlly, killing him in the "tradition" vampire way, ie stake tho the heart isnt justice, only revenge... still...

I think he deserves "life"; not just twelve years. killing an old lady is inexcusable.
Old 08-04-2002, 08:55 AM   #25
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
I think that was sick. Unfortuanlly, killing him in the "tradition" vampire way, ie stake tho the heart isnt justice, only revenge... still...

I think he deserves "life"; not just twelve years. killing an old lady is inexcusable.
It's not necessarily the fact that he killed a 90 year old lady, it's the manner in which he did it that is the sickest part. He deserves to be held in a Mental Hospital and shown just how f**ked up his actions were.

Old 08-04-2002, 08:56 AM   #26
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
Aww… Shame on every one of you, who suggest that he deserves the death penalty or longer in prison,
It’s obvious that for him to commit such a deed there is something very seriously disturbed with the balance of his mind,
Since this manifests itself as murderous intent,
he cannot control his own life without damage to the greater part of society, therefore the state should place him in a secure mental institution until he can be cured,
If he can, and thence he can take his place again as a citizen,
or If necessary he can live out the rest of his life under in the secure mental institution.
What makes you think this guy can be cured ? Or that he even wants to be cured ? And are you willing to pay extra taxes for "helping" this lost soul ? In my opinion there is only one cure for this nutcase and that's a lethal injection. If it was your grandmother who had her heart cutt out, i'd like to hear you say those words again.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:00 AM   #27
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
Aww… Shame on every one of you, who suggest that he deserves the death penalty or longer in prison,
It’s obvious that for him to commit such a deed there is something very seriously disturbed with the balance of his mind,
Since this manifests itself as murderous intent,
he cannot control his own life without damage to the greater part of society, therefore the state should place him in a secure mental institution until he can be cured,
If he can, and thence he can take his place again as a citizen,
or If necessary he can live out the rest of his life under in the secure mental institution.
What makes you think this guy can be cured ? Or that he even wants to be cured ? And are you willing to pay extra taxes for "helping" this lost soul ? In my opinion there is only one cure for this nutcase and that's a lethal injection. If it was your grandmother who had her heart cutt out, i'd like to hear you say those words again.[/QUOTE]That is a good point, maybe if it was someone we knew, our thoughts on the matter would be entirely different. Either way something needs to happen. Prison isn't enough for what he did.

Old 08-04-2002, 09:28 AM   #28
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I know Alex, if you give him treatment, you have to keep him locked inside as well, so that he cannot escape. As much as we like to think these kind of guys are insane, in a certain way they are mostly quite intelligent too. Someone like this will never be ready again to retake his place in society, i think he never was a part of it to begin with. So is it worth it to give him treatment for the rest of his life ? I think not.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:30 AM   #29
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Maybe, maybe not. i am strictly against capital punishment, relative of mine or not. I just don't think it's right-if we take someone's life for murder, aren't we descending to their level ourselves?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:35 AM   #30
Deathbringer

This would make a great debate. Also I wonder what he will be thinking when he is an old man and he looks back on this moment.