Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2001, 11:25 PM   #21
Voltar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I always start with 3 fighters:
Brutus, Freida, and Porky
Then I add two mages:
Rooski and Sheila
Finally my priest is always Voltar.

I've played with these names since 1983 when the first Wizardry came out and have carried them through to this one. It was so long ago I don't remember how or why I picked these names !
Voltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2001, 01:03 PM   #22
Doriatha

Dugan - Paladin (Just thought brother Dugan sounded cool)
Jude - female Assassin
Slithero - He's a Lizzord Samurai (Thought of the name from Spiderweb's
Exile series where the lizzard-like people were called Slith's)
Mistriva - female warlock
Gorsean - He started out as warrior, but now is a Paladin - human
Lizbeth - female Bard
Old 02-13-2001, 02:03 PM   #23
Dwarf

Damn, has this topic come round again? Okay then for those of you who missed it last time round here it is again.

Party Number 1 = Honour and Pride

Sister Lisa(female human paladin, ex warrior, valkyjur ascendant(Old Norse spelling))
Durin (male dwarfern (Tolkiens spelling, not dictionary) paladin, ex warrior (you can never have too many party healers))
Carenis(male human barbarian, ex warrior(I would have used this slot for another wizard but decided against it)
Father Telar (male human Priest, no particular carreer aspirations)
Gertha Drin (female gnome assassin, ex ninja, ex rogue)
Shevine Callishan (female elfin warlock, ex sorceress (wizard))

My four other parties(list includes The Inheritors(using advanced equipment from other groups), The Slice Girls(I was really bored when I made that lot up),Innocenes Reward and one or two others) would all be too embarassed if I put their names up here for you lot to gawp at (I wouldn't be embarrassed but they would) so I won't (mainly because I can't remember all their names).
Old 02-13-2001, 04:57 PM   #24
Sean Mc.

Mist-Palidin Human female
Rage-Barbarian Gourk male
Sheath-Samuri Lizard male
Shdow-Assasin Rat female
Karmina-Priestes Oomphaz female
Magnus-Warlock elf male
Old 02-19-2001, 01:37 PM   #25
Thane

As a new poster, I thought I'd revive this poll for me and all any other new posters who'd like to tell us about their characters.
When I was introduced to AD&D (waaaay back in the early 80's), the characters I played were a human magic-user named Zoric, a human paladin named Thane and a half-elven ranger named Talon. I have kept these names in every CRPG game I've played since then. For W&W, my characters are:

Thane - male human warrior/paladin (a throwback to the days of AD&D in which only humans could be paladins)
Cletus - male whiskas warrior/samurai
Talon - male elven warrior/ranger
Einar - male ratling rogue/ninja/assasin (name taken from Einar Lightfingers, a thief in Joel Rosenberg Guardians of the Flame series)
Ahlanna - female gnome priest/monk (name derived from a character in Stephen Donaldson's 2nd Chronicles of Thomas Covenant)
Zorina - female oomphaz wizard/warlock (female version of Zoric?)

Thane
Old 02-19-2001, 02:00 PM   #26
Dwarf

Oh, and then there was "The Short Party" (all Dwarfs) including SConnery the hero (no need to geuss wich portrait he had), Urwena the Shieldmaid, Ragnar the Thief, Grmnir Spellbinder and one or two others.
Old 02-19-2001, 03:22 PM   #27
FraggasaurusRex

Hrathgar-Male Whiskahs Ranger 11th.lvl(Given the name because his mother said so).
Sylmantha-Female Whiskahs Samurai 11th.lvl(As a future sylkiesmoothswordswinginsamurai her name had to start with an S).
Ssauron-Male Lizzord Barbarion 10th.lvl(Theres ssomething about lzzzzordsss named sssauron).
Ischade-Male Ratling Bard 10th.lvl(Those who prefer the night usaully dont mind Ischade).
Svetlana-Female Paladin 11th.lvl(Ive had recuring dreams of a woman wearing chainmail and carring a "weapon").
Roksasha-Male Oomphaz Warlock 11th.lvl(If you were an elephant youd want that name to).
Old 02-19-2001, 08:50 PM   #28
Starinth

I enjoy naming everything. My characters are:
Valoria - Brave human warrior/palladin
Thrumble - Warm fuzzy male whiska/samurai
Pumpernickel - Clever little male gnome thief/bard/ninja
Kashmir - Impassive Buddhist priestess, who aspires to monkhood, but awaits just one more Vine Spell
Starinth - Enchanting female wizard/warlock
Fyrfly - Entertaining wee pixie wizard/warlock
PLUS
Our "horse" at Valeia is named Bucephalus
Our raft that sails to the Toad Village is the U.S.S. Huck Finn
Our "horse" who gallops across The Shire is named Traveller
and
Our ship on the Enchanted Sea is the United Space Ship Lollipop
Old 02-19-2001, 09:06 PM   #29
Efreeti_Genie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, to start things out, I don't have a full party. I have 2 (actually 3, but 2 of them are the same guy!). Here they are:
Namis- Human(black, you know what they say about white men can't jump? This guy can fly!) Male, Paladin, Level 15
Ooh, this is my first character, he has been through a lot! Too bad I'm getting rid of him.. He went through the crypts all by himself, he caught up with my next character Vhirn..
Vhirn- Elf, Male, Warlock, Level 5
My second character, one powerful wizard! Well, he is becoming one. He has great spells, almost all of the Stone and all of the Sun. He is just starting on the Fiend and Moon spells. The problem is he only has 7 AC and 52 HP. If I get the spells rolling, no one can stand up to him. The good thing about having a Elf Wizard/Warlock, is they learn their spells so quickly! Finally, around the Stout Mines came (yet another) Namis..
Namis- Same as above.. Fighter, Level 12 or 13 (not sure)
This is the understudy of my first Namis. He will take the place of Namis 1, just as soon as he reaches level 15. This guy is my athlete, and one hard guy to kill! Although my first Namis is WAY more experienced than my second, the second Namis has 20 less HP, and higher AC. He is usually the one to kill the big guys (like I just killed the two headed Cyclops in the Skull Castle).

Now, with the other members of my party. They will come, when I can think of a what they will be, and what they will be after that (Fighter-Paladin, you get what I'm saying). We all know I will have a Zenmaster (if I'm capable of it). I want to have a Lizzord, but I'm trying to figure what he will be (maybe a Barbarian, cuz these guys are STRONG).
Well, I have said my part (and a little more than I should have), so I guess I'm finished.
Efreeti_Genie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2001, 12:37 AM   #30
bleedinghelene

Here we go:

Shana (me). Wizard/warlock. The least butch of the women, so to speak.
Anya (if I was a redhead). Wizard/warlock. Second least butch but still a badass.
Only real women are badasses.
Mikey. Warrior, going for paladin. His name is Mikey because he looks like Worf without the forehead appliance.
Half Stone, dwarf rogue. Unimaginative, but since he's half as tall as the rest and dwarves are supposed to like stone, well, you know.
Bagheera. Guess what he is. Warrior, going for ranger. In my last game he was Shere Khan, but my daughter didn't like the fact that it was a bad guy's name.
Finally, my pixie priest, Rechel. My sister in law is named Rachel and she was with me while we created my first set of characters. When I made this set, I decided I liked the name (probably the least corny I could ever think of) but changed the spelling to make it my own. I didn't know a flimsy little pixie could get to whooping so much behind.

Next game I'll put a little more thought into it and come up with masterpiece names of fantasy fiction, but this will do.