Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2002, 05:44 PM   #21
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

I hate XBox just because it's another micro$haft ploy to take control of an industry. Sell something at far less than it costs to produce, and milk the market for all it has once all the competition dies. Also, bear in mind one of the design philosophies was to create a snapshot of the rapidly evolving PC world and produce a design that was obsolete before it left the drawing board (the bane of all consoles, really). The upside to this, of course, is it simplifies the game designers jobs...

PS2 has the best controls and gameplay of all of these consoles, and has the added bonus of being a DVD player (and opens up possibilities for loading larger games on DVD-ROM discs). I think, since all consoles are inherently obsolete, it's best to focus on what consoles do best.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:56 PM   #22
Chewbacca
Zartan

PS2: best controller, best gameplay, most diverse selection of games, including lots of fave psx games! Plus it looks cool vertical!

Xbox: pretty but not profitable, clunky, oversized controller, some cool games.

Gamecube: don't play dvd's or cd's but has cool games!

I voted PS2.

I hear PS3 is due out in 2005 or so?
Old 11-28-2002, 04:01 AM   #23
Sio

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Gamecube: don't play dvd's or cd's but has cool games!
Get the Panasonic 'Q' system then, looks ten times better but also plays all region DVD's
Gonna be the proud owner of such a thing myself on Monday the 2nd [img]smile.gif[/img]